PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen JDM @ Mac OS X question

ChickenHouse
29th Dec 2014, 11:32
I have a weird thing here going on. I use JDM to download NavData for a Garmin on a Mac system. Now the download was marked "successful", but I did the download only as I did not have the data card handy. I pulled the data card from the Garmin, put it in the new Skybound adapter and expected to be able to drag the NavData downloaded to the card in JDM, but it refuses to do so. The file bubble shows 1 file, but I cannot get it on the card. Does anybody know where in current Mac OS X Yosemite file path the NavData file is stored, so I may try to copy it on Finder level?

mixture
30th Dec 2014, 09:08
Not had any hands on experience with Jeppesen JDM, but I would hazard a guess you might want to sniff around your user library directory.... ~/Library ..... probably ~/Library/Application Data

ChickenHouse
31st Dec 2014, 09:45
This is what I thought first place as well, but there is no jeppesen stuff in the different libraries.

mixture
31st Dec 2014, 13:05
Try ~/.jsum

(or possibly /Applications/JdmApp.app/Contents/MacOS/oemdata, but I suspect its the former you're after)

sherburn2LA
31st Dec 2014, 16:02
Finder = typical Apple crap that they won't to change because they think they know best.

From a command line

find . | grep -i jdm

bigger stick

find / | grep -i jdm

biggest stick from your admin user

sudo find / | grep -i jdm

mixture
31st Dec 2014, 16:07
Finder = typical Apple crap that they won't to change because they think they know best.

You = Typical Apple Basher

:ugh: