PDA

View Full Version : Kim Jong Un exercises his freedom of speech..

John Hill
28th Dec 2014, 04:03
Kim Jong-Un's mouthpiece called President Barack Obama a "monkey" for forcing Sony to release "The Interview" -- and for pulling off a cyber counter attack on North Korea.

Read more: Kim Jong-Un -- That 'Monkey' Obama Jacked Our Internet | TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/27/sony-hacking-north-korea-obama-monkey-the-interview-kim-jong-un/#ixzz3NAL3yFqq)

finfly1
28th Dec 2014, 04:08
When the 2d Geo Bush held the office, the internet carried an entire photo montage showing his expressions next to those of a chimp.

Not likely to happen these days with the present prez.

Solid Rust Twotter
28th Dec 2014, 06:06
Not likely to happen these days with the present prez.

The luvvies would throw a track.

radeng
28th Dec 2014, 08:16
Would this be the first time that many Republicans have privately agreed with the North Koreans?

MFC_Fly
28th Dec 2014, 10:33
Kim Jong Un exercises his freedom of speech..So when will he allow his fellow north Koreans to do likewise without fear of retribution?

con-pilot
28th Dec 2014, 15:33
Who once said "You just can't buy advertising
like this!"??

Maybe the Little Un has stock in Sony and thought this was a way to increase the value. :p

As for the Little Un exercising his freedom of speech, now that's a good one, as he's the only one in North Korea allowed to do so. :D

fitliker
28th Dec 2014, 17:08
Sony should have made a movie about two angry hairdressers who go to NK to give the leader a haircut.
And then fall in love with the leader who in turn finds his true leanings in life .
It could have been a beautiful modern love story :)

G-CPTN
28th Dec 2014, 17:44
I understand (at least, I have read) that a gay scene was removed from the movie before it was shown in public.

Sony edited out a 10-minute gay orgy scene and military badges from The Interview | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2889098/A-10-minute-gay-orgy-scene-military-badges-Sony-edited-Interview.html)

airship
29th Dec 2014, 17:44
John Hill wrote: Kim Jong-Un's mouthpiece called President Barack Obama a "monkey"

finfly1 wrote: When the 2d Geo Bush held the office, the internet carried an entire photo montage showing his expressions next to those of a chimp.

radeng wrote (and con-pilot hasn't disagreed...): Would this be the first time that many Republicans have privately agreed with the North Koreans?

Let me get this straight: an ape (eg. chimpanzee, orangutan etc.) is 'superior' to a monkey in the general hierarchy of those with opposable thumbs isn't it? So this represents a major downgrade of US Presidents from the NK ratings agency does it not?!

PS. Now that lots of folks have watched the movie, does anyone know whether "it" was worth all the hassle - apart from the Western idealogical aspects like 'freedom of speech' and 'freedom from censorship' etc. I mean...?! :rolleyes:

RedhillPhil
29th Dec 2014, 17:57
Nice letter you had published in to-day's "Mail" John.

con-pilot
29th Dec 2014, 18:01
(and con-pilot hasn't disagreed...):

Not into racially motivate stereotyping, so I just ignore such nonsense.

However, if I must to satisfy some here;

Would this be the first time that many Republicans have privately agreed with the North Koreans?

While not speaking for all or even many Republicans, I can tell you that this Republican strongly disagrees with the racial slur about President Obama by the North Koreans.

As all Americans should, like him or not, he is still our President.

John Hill
29th Dec 2014, 18:11
Nice letter you had published in to-day's "Mail" John.
We read the Guardian here mate.

http://www.guardianonline.co.nz/

Una Due Tfc
29th Dec 2014, 18:21
I thought the FBI were now inferring that SONY hacked themselves to generate some publicity and that fat little tosser in N Korea had nothing to do with it?

If that's true I sincerely hope that heads roll (figuratively) for wasting the time and resources of the US tax payer

con-pilot
29th Dec 2014, 18:26
I thought the FBI were now inferring that SONY hacked themselves to generate some publicity and that fat little tosser in N Korea had nothing to do with it?

Now that conspiracy theory I've not heard.

Well until now that is. :p

John Hill
29th Dec 2014, 18:31
There are only two valid philosophies in this world, the Great Conspiracy and the Great Far Cup.

LookingForAJob
29th Dec 2014, 20:15
So, has anyone seen the movie?

ehwatezedoing
29th Dec 2014, 20:57
I did not but it is apparently available on youtube.

jimtherev
29th Dec 2014, 21:55
No. But lots of people seem to have done so:
BBC News - The Interview makes $15m in online release (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30620926)

flugholm
1st Jan 2015, 07:54
You may enjoy this:
Propaganda aus Nordkorea: Bizarres Video: Kim Jong Alleskönner steuert jetzt sogar Flugzeuge - Video - Video - FOCUS Online (http://www.focus.de/politik/videos/propaganda-aus-nordkorea-bizarres-video-hier-fliegt-kim-jong-un-ein-flugzeug_id_4376801.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebook-focus-online-politik&fbc=facebook-focus-online-politik&ts=201412311531)
(The voiceover is in German (and Korean), but you'll get the point. As usual, my apologies for aviation content.)

Rule3
1st Jan 2015, 08:13
Watching the radar on shift the other day, and saw a Mode S data block KOR162 enroute from Kuwait headind east through the Iranian airspace.

This is Air Koryo, the North Korean airline, probably an Il-62.

Was the great leader on a training flight, or asking for a handout from the Kuwait Fund?

Anyone have any insight?

Perhaps his right hand man can provide an answer.

chuks
1st Jan 2015, 08:43
Does Li'l Kim have "freedom of speech," or not? I don't think he really does.

When I watch these North Korean propaganda clips I have to ask myself if that fat and foolish-looking little guy has to try really hard to stay not just out in front of his hungry pack but also on-message, so that he really might not have "freedom of speech" at all.

Of course some of his foreign sycophants, obviously lacking much ability to comprehend nuanced English, may simply be taking all this seeming idolatry at face value, not pausing to ask themselves what sort of sub-text is being presented probably unwittingly by Kim's propaganda machine.

When one can google "Kim Jong Un looking at things" to see multiple images of the tiny tyrant goggling at the wonders of such mundane things as noodle-making, for instance ... what does that tell us about the true state of affairs in North Korea? Who gets excited nowadays by pasta? Marco Polo must have been thrilled by the stuff, sure, but that was almost 750 years ago, so that Kim often comes off looking a bit behind the times.

If Kim grins like a possum eating bumblebees when being shown noodles then they had better not let him see a Big Mac! This would be like demonstrating a modern super-computer to someone thrilled by the wonders of the abacus. It could produce either a fatal rictus or else a terrible, terrible scowl triggered by a sense of crushing disappointment at one's backwardness. Both, even!

I expect that bootleg copies of "The Interview" shall soon be floating across the border into North Korea via helium balloon. If Kim was unhappy with the US presentation of the film, how much unhappier should he be when it appears on his domestic market, and what should he do about this?

We can start with the obvious question of "What is he going to have to say about this?" since Kim usually seems to prefer talk to action. Someone a bit more clever than Kim might know to stay silent, but that doesn't seem to be the style of either Kim or his admirers and supporters, so what is it going to be now: threatening to engulf a movie studio in a "sea of nuclear fire," perhaps?

Perhaps our resident expert on all things North Korean might wish to expatiate on this subject? Assuming, that is, that he's not still stuck on that other puzzling mystery of modern Korean history that he first came to prominence here with ....