PDA

View Full Version : Color Deficiency in Africa.

Nibanamy
23rd Dec 2014, 21:35
Hi,
i'm lookink for some information about the medical requierement in Africa (all part of Africa).

I was call "color deficient" because i fail the Ishihara Test but i removed the restriction in Europe (Lanterne de Beyne), Canada (ED15) and USA (Farnsworth lantern).

today, i'm looking to find a job in Africa.
Is there any complementary test?
is the medical still issue with a "Day only" restriction?
Do all the countries in Africa ask for the Ishihara?

thank for your help!

Iznogood
25th Dec 2014, 07:10
Hi,
Not all but many. A friend of mine is in the same case and now he has a restriction to fly right seat only. (Day and night)
The only one way to succes on it is to learn it by heart...a kind of cheating if you know what I mean.
But it's up to you off course.

Iznogood
27th Dec 2014, 07:49
From where you are, I know you can read this also:
Aeronet :: Voir le sujet - Pilote Daltonien (http://forum.aeronet-fr.org/viewtopic.php?t=15193&highlight=daltonisme)
All the best :-)

Nibanamy
28th Dec 2014, 22:35
Hi,
Thanks for your answer iznogood, this post is really interesting but didńt really answer my questions They speak about the situation in France where there is complementary test.
Some countries, like indonesia, juste have the ishihara test, and if you fail, you fail the medica and cannot fly.
I only have the information for Cote d'ivoire where they issue the medical wiith restriction.
I friend told me that he know a colorblind pilot in namibia.
I tried to contact the FAA Ame in namibia and tanzania but not easy this time of the year. Same for Zambia.

In a nutshell, i like to know in which countries in africa i can fly being slightly color deficient (even fo or day only).

Hawkeye0001
29th Dec 2014, 18:28
In a place where you are attested a perfect 70/120 bloodpressure, a 72 bpm pulse rate at rest, 20/20 eyesight and a splendid ECG read-out before you even entered the doctors office to shake hands the Ishihara test should not rank too high on your list of things to worry about :}

Asd1906
17th Aug 2017, 20:57
In a place where you are attested a perfect 70/120 bloodpressure, a 72 bpm pulse rate at rest, 20/20 eyesight and a splendid ECG read-out before you even entered the doctors office to shake hands the Ishihara test should not rank too high on your list of things to worry about :}

I Just had LOL with your answer.