PDA

View Full Version : Idiot in Lamborghini doesn't know how to drive

rotornut
23rd Dec 2014, 22:25
Speeding Lamborghini caught on video as it spins off B.C. highway, bursts into flames | National Post (http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/12/23/speeding-lamborghini-caught-on-video-as-it-spins-off-b-c-highway-bursts-into-flames/)

treadigraph
23rd Dec 2014, 22:34
Are you surprised?

galaxy flyer
23rd Dec 2014, 22:41
Can we move this over to a gun thread--common theme about idiots and dangerous devices.

GF

pigboat
23rd Dec 2014, 23:27
God dayum, I love happy endings. :ok:

TWT
24th Dec 2014, 00:26
Youtube is awash with videos of idiots dying in cars while they are doing stupid things.Seems the ones showing Ferraris,Lamborghinis etc. appeal to our sense of schadenfreude a little more than run of the mill cars.

Pinky the pilot
24th Dec 2014, 03:15
Whoever wrote the accompanying article needs a bit of education though.

'when the car lost control...':confused:

So the car was driving itself then.:rolleyes:

rans6andrew
24th Dec 2014, 10:52
Is overtaking on either side allowed in where-ever this took place? If not, then there is considerable crap driving being demonstrated. The camera car was not actually in the process of overtaking anything, probably ditto the silver car ahead. Both the accident car and the black one following were overtaking on the wrong side.

Which part of drive on the right is so difficult?

Rans6....

Checkboard
24th Dec 2014, 16:54
Overtaking in the outside lane wouldn't happen, if slow traffic didn't hog the inside lane. :mad:

In Australia, the law is "Keep left, unless overtaking."

AUSTRALIAN ROAD RULES - REG 130
130—Keeping to the left on a multi-lane road

(1) This rule applies to a driver driving on a multi-lane road if—

(a) the speed limit applying to the driver for the length of road where the driver is driving is over 80 kilometres per hour; or

(b) a keep left unless overtaking sign applies to the length of road where the driver is driving. ... so it is the driver blocking the overtaking lane at fault in Oz - not the person forced to undertake. :ok:

4mastacker
24th Dec 2014, 17:17
They're pretty good at getting involved in mishaps in the UK as well.

Going for a gap that's not there. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfS8iz2NaLE)

radeng
24th Dec 2014, 17:49
Why are they FORCED to undertake? Would hanging back lead them into immediate fits and insanity? If so, they aren't medically fit to be driving anyway.

Quizling
24th Dec 2014, 17:50
Which driver was going for the gap that wasn't there?

The blonde. Did you really need to ask ? :p

con-pilot
24th Dec 2014, 18:57
The Lamborghini driver on the major road or the Mazda driver emerging from the side street?

After looking at the video in slow motion and stopping the video, it looked like the Mazda driver was at fault. Now the Lamborghini could have been going too fast, but still...

Course, still most likely the blonde’s fault, even though she was not driving. :p

Flying Lawyer
24th Dec 2014, 19:33
radeng If so, they aren't medically fit to be driving anyway.

Whereas those who lack even the very basic intelligence required to understand why they should keep left, or who suffer from a personality disorder which causes them to believe that no road user matters except them, are? :confused:

evansb
24th Dec 2014, 20:21
"..the cost of a Lamborghini Aventador lists from $397,500 to $548,800 is the price of a house"...

The average list price for a house in Surrey, B.C., (where they were driving), is $679,358. Vancouver is $1,201,776 for a detached, (stand alone) house, and $524,814 for a an attached (town house/row house) dwelling.

Yes, I know newspaper article originates in Toronto, and the cars are registered in Alberta.

pigboat
24th Dec 2014, 20:25
The average list price for a house in Surrey, B.C., (where they were driving), is $679,358. Vancouver is $1,201,776 for a detached, (stand alone), house, and $524,814 for a an attached (town house/row house) dwelling.
Ain't called Hongcouver for nothing.

con-pilot
24th Dec 2014, 21:05
One can buy a damn fine home for $600,000.00 around these parts.

Four to five bedrooms, all ensuite.

Two living areas.

Gourmet kitchen.

Formal dinning room.

Swimming pool.

Media room.

Large lot.

Or, you can buy a car that holds two people. :p

Flying Lawyer
24th Dec 2014, 21:12
Or, if you are rich, you can do both. :)

(Not that I'd want a Lamborghini even if I could afford one.)

Wodrick
24th Dec 2014, 21:38
What, pray tell, is a gourmet kitchen ? edible worksurfaces ?

evansb
24th Dec 2014, 21:45
If you love to cook, you'll know a gourmet kitchen when you see one:
What is a Gourmet Kitchen? (with pictures) (http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-a-gourmet-kitchen.htm#didyouknowout)

radeng
24th Dec 2014, 22:58
FL

>Whereas those who lack even the very basic intelligence required to understand why they should keep left, or who suffer from a personality disorder which causes them to believe that no road user matters except them, are? <

Am I to understand that, when faced with 100% idiots hogging the right lane, you are saying that it then becomes acceptable, by undertaking, to drive in a dangerous manner?

Now what about someone in the right lane travelling at the maximum legal speed? Are you suggesting that it is then both acceptable (and yet presumably illegal) to exceed the speed limit and undertake?

con-pilot
24th Dec 2014, 23:14
What, pray tell, is a gourmet kitchen

What evans said. :ok:

Hydromet
24th Dec 2014, 23:25
... so it is the driver blocking the overtaking lane at fault in Oz - not the person forced to undertake.
In Oz, NSW anyway, but I think everywhere, the person blocking the RH lane under the conditions stated is guilty of an offence. However, it is not an offence to overtake in any lane, provided it is done safely and within the speed limit.
(We drive on the left.)

Pappa Smurf
24th Dec 2014, 23:25
If the car in the right lane isn't overtaking at the time it should not be there.Once a passing move has been made its meant to move left so anyone who wants to risk getting caught for speeding can.
Considering car speedo,s can be out by 14% then someone sitting on 100 in the RH lane may only be doing 86.
So the easy rule is whats stated---keep left unless overtaking....That's in Aust,England etc
On the motorway out of Brisbane I sit on the speed limit(my speedo correct)and I pass 95% of the cars.The other 5% pass me.
Of course now and again you get the Lambo driver as in Canada doing his weave through the traffic well above the limit.

Flying Lawyer
25th Dec 2014, 00:19
radeng Am I to understand that ...
Are you suggesting that ...

IMHO:

Driving dangerously is not acceptable.

Undertaking is not necessarily dangerous.
It depends upon the road/traffic conditions and how it's done. (eg Weaving in and out at high speed is dangerous.)
In Britain, it may or may not be legal depending upon the road.
There are circumstances (eg to pass lane hoggers) when undertaking safely, although illegal, is entirely understandable. (NB Personal opinion, not the law.) I don't do it myself but probably have at some point in 46 years of driving.

Exceeding the speed limit is not necessarily dangerous.
It may or may not be, depending upon road/traffic conditions.
Breaking the law is not acceptable but there are very few drivers who never do so.
On the rare occasions when I've been driven in the UK by people who did not once exceed a speed limit during a long journey they have usually been nervous drivers in whom I would have little or no confidence if they had to react quickly to a hazard. Some of the others just had 'unusual' personalities. (Commendably law-abiding, of course.)
A high proportion of them drove almost the entire motorway journey in the middle lane, regarding the left lane as the lorry lane. :rolleyes:

Now what about someone in the right lane travelling at the maximum legal speed?
If you mean the sort of self-righteous 'self-appointed policemen' who deliberately stay in the outside lane in order to prevent others from exceeding the speed limit then, in my view, they are a menace. They cause congestion on motorways and also increase the risk of accidents. Following traffic inevitably bunches and, entirely understandably in my view, other drivers become frustrated.
I suspect that some are the sort of drivers who proudly say they have never had an accident of any sort in xx years of driving - but have probably caused a few.

FL

superq7
25th Dec 2014, 00:54
FL

Excellent post especially the last paragraph.

Happy Christmas.

evansb
25th Dec 2014, 03:01
Drive in Mumbai, Manilla, Bangkok, or Cairo for a couple of hours, then get back to me...

Checkboard
25th Dec 2014, 13:52
So the easy rule is whats stated---keep left unless overtaking....That's in Aust,England etc

You missed my point, PS ;)

In the UK the rule is:
268 Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

So in the UK, the person who overtakes on the outside lane (left side/onramp & exit side) is committing an offence. :ouch:

In Australia the person who is blocking the inside lane (right side/overtaking lane/fast lane) is committing an offence. Much better rule. :ok:

Effluent Man
25th Dec 2014, 13:55
I have had two accidents in 45 years and probably 2 milion miles.The first a seventeen year old van driver who passed his test the week before pulled off a petrol station forecourt when I was about three car lengths away and hit me head on. The second a Volvo lorry ran into my O/S/R bumper and spun me through ninety degrees onto his front.

In that time I have been prosecuted five times for speeding.Three they won,two I won.