PDA

View Full Version : New Airbus Calls

Sand Man
23rd Dec 2014, 20:12
Questions.

Did they really need to be introduced over the Christmas holiday?

Could they not have waited a month or so?

crwkunt roll
23rd Dec 2014, 21:14
Does it matter at all? Who gets holidays anyway?

polaris79
23rd Dec 2014, 22:44
Didn't know this! Thanks guys! U guys know where to get hold of a document with the new calls for the A320? Don't have any sops as Im not currently flying it yet.

Will IB Fayed
23rd Dec 2014, 22:59
Try Yammer!

Hugo Peroni the IV
24th Dec 2014, 01:21
Will,

Couldn't agree more. Why not a few weeks earlier, or even better, mid January. As long as it suits the 'office' who will have been practicing this **** for months! :D

744drv
24th Dec 2014, 01:47
All we are told is that this is "for A350" integration". Can anyone tell me what this actually means? I presume the A350 checklists are displayed on the ECAM and CX are too stingy to pay for them to be rewritten into line with CX checks .... the 'easy' solution is to get 700 pilots to start doing the checks differently. If the reason is liability then you have to ask whether there is an increased scope for errors during the transition/confusion ..... in this situation where does the liability now lie?

The FUB
24th Dec 2014, 02:54
Co SOPs distributed on Yammer? WTF? If it aint in the FCOM3(or Bus equivalent) you don't need to know it. And anyone who says "I've heard this is coming so we will practise it " should be told where to go.

744drv
24th Dec 2014, 03:00
The update briefing is full of things like:

BRIEFING ........ CONFIRMED : No change to current procedures

What a load of ?$£@. We currently say COMPLETE, small changes like this will confuse at the least opportune moment and all along the Fleet Office tries to deny that there is even a change at all!!

Same thing with:

FLAP SETTING ........ CONF_____ : No change to current procedures

Well at the moment we say CONFIG. I can just see the FLAP/FLAPS police having a field day!!

Dan Winterland
24th Dec 2014, 03:27
All we are told is that this is "for A350" integration". Can anyone tell me what this actually means?

It means that as Airbus have demanded that all their A350 customers follow their SOPs and that if one Airbus type is operated to their SOPs, then it's a good idea to operate all. You never know, you might find it better operating the Airbus the way the manufacturer intended, rather than like a Classic 747.

KA used to operate to Airbus SOPs, then they got completely messed up by trying to integrate with CX. Now they have to go through additional pain changing back.

744drv
24th Dec 2014, 04:00
Thanks Dan, it is the "Airbus have demanded" bit that hadn't been made clear to me. Does beg the question why they didn't grow some in the past and make 'demands' on past Airbus operators.

bm330
24th Dec 2014, 05:53
Has something magically changed??

The 350 will be a stand alone. There will be no common qual between 330/340 and the 350. They will be seperate fleets.

Why are we changing calls for an airplane only a few will fly.

BuzzBox
24th Dec 2014, 07:37
Has something magically changed?? The 350 will be a stand alone. There will be no common qual between 330/340 and the 350. They will be seperate fleets.

Wrong - the regulators have approved a common type rating for the A330 and A350. Only "differences training" is required to switch from one to the other.

Airbus A350 XWB, A330 gains common type rating for pilot training (http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/news-events-single/detail/the-common-type-rating-is-approved-for-a350-xwb-and-a330-pilot-training/)

744drv
28th Dec 2014, 08:23
Certainly not your imagination. The big question is: what is it indicative of?
I have my opinion :sad:

Fly747
29th Dec 2014, 14:31
Change is the new constant. Yammer is a private social network that helps you and your company stay on top of it all. Yammer collaboration software and business applications allow you to get connected to the right people, share information across teams and organize around projects so you can go further – faster.

Yes and I'd really like to use up half my iPad's memory putting Navtech on it too!

LongTimeInCX
30th Dec 2014, 02:10
Ffs boys & girls, they're just words, we all went to school, it's not that hard to learn the odd new word or a different order.
Sure, I'd rather it didn't change, but it's their trainset, so let's just do it.
In the big scheme of things, it doesn't really matter the semantics of who says what & when, as long as people get from A to B safely, and we don't stuff up.

The Company has changed calls since Classic & Tristar days, many can no doubt remember the announcement to all on the Tower freq of the great CX "Rolling" call, not to mention full circle with rotate, V2, max thrust Flap20, GA flap3, and a number of other calls that have changed, sometimes to back where they started from.

It's just a job, and providing you get to "Engines-Off" and the aircraft is useable for the next sector, good job, go home and enjoy your wife or girlfriend (or both if you've got time on the way home) and concentrate on the more important things in life.

Life is too short to worry about trivia like crew calls when we should really be concentrating on exerting pressure on the Company to pay their pilots a proper cost of living adjustment.

LongTimeInCX
30th Dec 2014, 06:30
Agreed, apologies, and amended.
How terribly rude of me insinuating it was their fault before the wreckage has been found and investigation completed. I'll apologise further when it's deemed an act of God/Allah/(insert deity here), or if aliens were found to have had a tentacle in it.

So how would "....like Asiana214 or AirFrance447" sound instead?

Both fine displays of Airmanship and piloting skills I'm sure you'd agree, and like your post, has stuff all to do with the New Airbus Calls and procedures that the thread is about.

So, back to the most boring thread of the year...

asianeagle
30th Dec 2014, 06:57
Life is too short to worry about trivia like crew calls when we should really be concentrating on exerting pressure on the Company to pay their pilots a proper cost of living adjustment.
:D:D

how this topic even got to thread status on PPrune is beyond me:rolleyes::ugh:

CISTRS
30th Dec 2014, 07:21
LongTimeInCX
Thanks.
You are probably right about airmanship - but let's be a tad sensitive about the timing...

My response to your first post has been deleted.

Thanks for keeping CX standards better than that - although the task is getting more difficult.