PDA

View Full Version : Pprune locked out with Internet Explorer

Centaurus
23rd Dec 2014, 08:21
I have had no problems reading Pprune for many years on Internet Explorer.
I use Windows 7 Home Premium.

Without warning approximately five days ago, attempts to open Pprune using Internet Explorer failed, with the screen locking up. Left the computer switched off over-night and tried again next day. This this time Pprune worked for about 10 seconds only and I was able to see the first few lines of Pprune before it again locked up my screen. I switched to Google Chrome on advice from a friend and lo and behold Pprune came up normally.

As soon as i revert to Internet Explorer, Pprune opens for a few seconds then the screen locks up again. I am typing this using Google Chrome. Windows is updated regularly. Any thoughts gratefully accepted.

mixture
23rd Dec 2014, 08:25
Centaurus,

Have you made any modifications to your IE, e.g. have you installed any plugins and are they all up to date ?

Have you tried clearing out IE cache etc ?

BOAC
23rd Dec 2014, 10:39
You have not said whether it is just PPR or all sites?

Centaurus
23rd Dec 2014, 11:23
BOAC. It only occures with Pprune. Cent

BOAC
23rd Dec 2014, 12:06
I would suggest clearing ALL cookies associated with pprune and log in again.

Evanelpus
23rd Dec 2014, 13:40
I gave up on Internet Explorer ages ago, too damn slow most of the time and there were sites that wouldn't open, looks like PPRuNe has gone the same way.

Centaurus
25th Dec 2014, 00:06
Thanks you very much for your replies. Meanwhile, while experimenting with your suggestions, I'll use Google Chrome.