PDA

View Full Version : Members of Old

airbourne
21st Dec 2014, 15:33
Its a phrase that I dont like using, but back in the day, when PPRune was smaller, closer and when an Irish rugby jersey would impress BUZZ crew.

Where are all the old members gone?

10W
Flypuppy
Snoop
InFinRetirement
Hugmonster
Snoop
Tarantella
Flaps 40
Hamrah

Theres loads more but the memory isnt the best. Good times. I flew LDY-STN with FR and jumpseated with the crew in exchange for an invite to the Ash Bash. The FO was Simon Offard.

timmcat
21st Dec 2014, 15:48
There was a thread in Jet Blast a couple of years ago on this subject with loads of contributions. Fell across it the other day, if I get a sec I'll try and find it.

mixture
21st Dec 2014, 15:54
There was a thread in Jet Blast a couple of years ago on this subject with loads of contributions.

Surely not this thread (http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/76478-i-miss-old-jet-blast.html) entitled "I miss the Old Jet Blast" started by the infamous Slash.

timmcat
21st Dec 2014, 16:00
Nope, found it here (http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/501411-jet-blast-hall-fame-no-longer-us-r-i-p.html), although it mainly focuses on those sadly no longer with us.

airbourne
21st Dec 2014, 22:21
Thanks for that. I saw some old names there posting like Tony Draper and Redsnail. Last time I spoke to Reddo, she was a Shortts driver on mail flights. I presume she has gone on to bigger and better things.

Never knew about Hugmonster. Think he was a Dash8 driver although I'm open to correction.

There was a DJ from Wales, went to Astreaus for a time, can't remember his name.

SpringHeeledJack
21st Dec 2014, 22:32
There was a DJ from Wales, went to Astreaus for a time, can't remember his name.

You don't mean whatshisface from Iron Maiden do you ? That's sort of musical ;)

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne?
\

SHJ

jet_noseover
22nd Dec 2014, 01:28
and there was a Hot Dog...Not seen him about for a time

airbourne
22nd Dec 2014, 06:45
One is a DJ from Wales, the other is Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden.

How by any stretch of the imagination are these the same people?

Hempy
22nd Dec 2014, 09:17
The Guvnor :E

Blacksheep
22nd Dec 2014, 09:47
Flaps 40 is still here, keeping an eye on us . . . :suspect:

BOAC
22nd Dec 2014, 10:44
As far as I know you are referring to 'flapsforty'?

airbourne
22nd Dec 2014, 20:47
That would be Dutch Flaps 40.

The Guvnor. What a bulls:mad::mad:t artist! Didn't he spend some time at her majesty's pleasure?

Capetonian
22nd Dec 2014, 20:57
The 'guvnor'? Neil Robertson? This piece of filth:

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/545977-guvnor-article-todays-aberdeen-press-journal-3.html#post8624885

Flypuppy
22nd Dec 2014, 21:08
The Guvnor still resides at Her Majesty's pleasure.

galaxy flyer
22nd Dec 2014, 22:15
Anyone remember Spearing Brittany? Might have been an early moniker for Slasher.

GF

Flypuppy
23rd Dec 2014, 00:07
Spearing Brittany most definitely wasn't Slasher.

10W
22nd Oct 2015, 11:24
Still a few of us around, probably to a lesser extent in here, but still around occasionally.

10W - That's me !

Flypuppy - Posted on the thread also.

Snoop - Status uknown, not logged in to here for over a year.

InFinRetirement - Morphed in to PPRuNe Pop. Sadly not in the best of health at the moment and rarely visits PPRuNe as a result.

Hugmonster - Working in the health industry last I heard.

Tarantella - Status unknown. Not been in PPRuNe for almost 5 years.

Flaps 40 - Still around, like most of us, no longer frequently in here.

Hamrah - Ferrying aircraft across the globe.

The DJ was PJDJ, who is now a management pilot with Bruce Dickinson's Cardiff Aviation ventures.

Reddo is now a corporate jet Captain.

Hope all is well in your world :)