PDA

View Full Version : Who is/was Slasher?

G_STRING
20th Dec 2014, 21:37
Forgive my ignorance, but I have recently started browsing Jet Blast, (which I find entertaining). I've read lots of references to 'Slasher' and am curious - is he (I presume he's a 'he'), a former poster, & if so what happened to him?

Also, on a different note, what is a 'swimbo' ?

Hydromet
20th Dec 2014, 21:40
With regard to Slasher, you really need to keep abreast of things. I'm sure someone else will expand on this.

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed

meadowrun
20th Dec 2014, 21:42
An honoured and subsequently dis-honoured member. He's probably still pissed off and hopefully still flying crates in the Nam. He wrote interesting stories. We go way back.

VP959
20th Dec 2014, 21:44
Slasher, the greatest proponent of the female upper body form ever to grace the pages of PPRuNe, with his seemingly never-ending collection of photos depicting the same.

Sadly, the moderation team felt that such an over abundance of the female form was a step too far, so poor old Slasher was sent down.

SMT Member
20th Dec 2014, 21:47
He has/had a commie cat, the terror of the neighborhood, known to devour dogs, pigs and unwanted guests.

He is also a very large fan of the female form, particularly the forward facing part of the upper torso. The more forward facing, the better.

He told great stories but, alas, his visual presentations off his favourite hobby on these pages incurred the wrath of the fun police.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
20th Dec 2014, 21:51
He claimed to be a fan of Zeppelin racing, but there always seemed to be a dead heat. Where's the fun in that?

rh200
20th Dec 2014, 22:00
Maybe Slasher was feminist and a founding member of the now in vogue "free the T!T" campaign. All the images where posted to help us understand the problem from a feminist view point.

Maybe his banning could be regarded as an attempt to stifle debate on equality and understanding the phenomena of keeping the female form caged.:E

Boudreaux Bob
20th Dec 2014, 22:35
His banning definitely stemmed from his fondness for big Bazooka's over the more normal sized 38's and 45's. Being an advocate for such things is not welcome apparently.....owing to his permanent absence.

fitliker
20th Dec 2014, 23:34
Auld (http://www.robertburns.org/works/glossary/62.html) Nature swears, the lovely dears
Her noblest work she classes, O:
Her prentice han' (http://www.robertburns.org/works/glossary/859.html) she try'd on man,
An' (http://www.robertburns.org/works/glossary/40.html) then she made the lasses, O.
Green grow, &c.

Many poets admire the good things in life in their work, without pictures :)

Blacksheep
20th Dec 2014, 23:51
He was a bit naughty, but nothing compared to the great "Captain Snailtrails"

racedo
20th Dec 2014, 23:59
Asumming you watch top gear and have heard of The Stig................ a driver who is on the show every week.

Well in the dark distant past there was a Mythical Poster called Slasher who posted on JB.....
Some say he was banned by the Mods.........
Some say he was really a secret agent of Kim Il Yung.......
Some say he never really existed but was a mere figment of many imaginations......

Well on Moon Lit nights with ne'r a cloud in the Sky and you hear the Buzz of a distant engine but no plane to be seen, that will be Slasher.

SpringHeeledJack
21st Dec 2014, 00:10
His appreciation of celestial bodies was well noted and appreciated on many threads by many. Contrarily, this was what probably caused the friction with the mods, well the scantily clad celestial bodies ;)

It might be said that he provided a viewpoint bookend that kept the rest of the posters neatly stacked on the JB shelf. We are therefore poorer for his departure.

SHJ

probes
21st Dec 2014, 08:07
you hear the Buzz of a distant engine
you mean, like the 'bus?

Capetonian
21st Dec 2014, 08:10
Slasher and I had exchanged a few PMs. Great guy.

I enjoyed his postings too, and his propensities for posting pictures of ladies with big titties did nothing to reduce that enjoyment.

He posted a painfully graphic description of a conflict between a tube of SuperGlue and a clearly much used part of his body, which had me clutching myself in a combination of mirth and horror.

I understand that his demise was brought about by a description of acts normally performed in private between consenting adults.

Slasher, if you read this, there's a load of us out there rooting for you, and you can interpret that as you wish! Hope you're well and happy mate.

Ivor Fynn
21st Dec 2014, 10:10
Bring back Slasher, I miss his posts.

Ivor

Lon More
21st Dec 2014, 10:13
He has/had a commie cat,

Porky, whose exploits were legendary. IIRC he drowned in a storm drain

cattletruck
21st Dec 2014, 10:29
Slasher was a PPrune God and he regularly posted pictures of Goddesses, but then the other Gods took away his immortality.

It's tough being a God.

I'm sure ceiling cat is overlooking him as he flies his plastic bus into the sunset.

BOAC
21st Dec 2014, 10:39
Henry - let's hope there are no 'jealous' Mods' wives on today....:)

funfly
21st Dec 2014, 10:45
As Mods are Gods and we have to abide by their rules to be part of this fraternity, is pPrune therefore a religion or a cult (yes I said cult, that was not an auto speller forced change)
On the other hand......

B Fraser
21st Dec 2014, 12:26
He was a very naughty boy. Much missed.

Don't forget to feed the garden birds this winter. Robins like bacon rind and tits like coconuts.

:ok:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
21st Dec 2014, 12:46
He wasn't a very naughty boy, he was the Messiah!

..he showed us Heaven ;)

vulcanised
21st Dec 2014, 13:17
The banning of Slasher was yet another nail in the coffin of what was once a lively forum.

pigboat
21st Dec 2014, 14:35
I don't think Slasher was permanently banned, more like a couple of months. The last I heard from him was on Dec 25 2013, wishing me a Merry Christmas. There were a bunch of us that were in the same email loop for SYBSTD for a few years, and while none of us have heard from him our emails to his addy aren't bounced back, so he's still out there somewhere.

Clare Prop
21st Dec 2014, 14:45
I wonder if he and Captain I F Snailtrails were the same person?

Rather be Gardening
21st Dec 2014, 15:13
Amid all the hero-worship of Slasher, I'll be a dissenting voice from a female perspective. At first his posts were funny, but became more and more lurid and vile, almost as if he was trying to see how much he could get away with. At that point I put him on my ignore list.

As for the 'Mod's Wife Got Him Banned' proposition, sounds like a mixture of scuttlebutt and conspiracy theory to me.

There were and are many more amusing posters on Pprune than Slasher.

pigboat
21st Dec 2014, 16:37
I wonder if he and Captain I F Snailtrails were the same person?

No.

There were and are many more amusing posters on Pprune than Slasher.
True, but I'm still proud to call him my friend.

redsnail
21st Dec 2014, 17:44
Slasher's a classic. A few met him in Oz and said he is indeed "larger than life". Although, even Slash would never consider himself to be as great as Capt IF Snailtrails. A truley (homage to Slash) epic character who is greatly missed on this and other forums.

Both chaps are legends, both great aviators and purveyors of the female form.

I remember a brilliant reply to one of Slash's Vietnam stories in R&N, the poster suggested that instead of "Fate is the Hunter", it should be named "F*ck that was close" by Ernest K Slasher.

I wish I had saved Snaily's post about the wx radar. A brilliant piece of writing and technical knowledge that has never been bettered - and I say this being married to Checkboard.

Krystal n chips
21st Dec 2014, 17:44
If you can think of a "mature" male, with the mind of a 15-21 yrs old adolescent, then this would summate him.

He has plenty of disciples on here however......all, not unsurprisingly, of a similar nature.

Flying Lawyer
21st Dec 2014, 18:09
con-pilotWe had some good conversations about flying, I miss him as well.
But I must say, he did have target fixation on certain parts of the female body.

I think that's a fair summary.

BOAC
21st Dec 2014, 18:12
purveyors of the female form - is the item available on Amazon. Just thinking of having one in a Christmas stocking..............

cockney steve
21st Dec 2014, 18:41
Outrageous, Politically incorrect,humorous and outspoken, I sometimes gasped in astonishment at some of the thingshe dared to post.
Unfortunately, it seems the pictures were his undoing.
Jetblast is a more sombre,slower-paced venue since his departure.

I have a feeling he was Crocodile Dundee's portlier brother and their parents were Sir Les Paterson and Dame Edna Everidge (although they would hotly deny ever having met) :}

Happy xmas Slash! we miss you, you digger deviant.

redsnail
21st Dec 2014, 18:45
He wasn't portly at all. ;)

I loved his tales about his departed cat. Hilarious.

OFSO
21st Dec 2014, 18:45
If everyone on JB claps their hands VERY LOUDLY will Slasher come back on-line ?

KBPsen
21st Dec 2014, 19:03
Guys like IF Snailtrails and Anthony Carn were everything Slasher isn't. They also had an IQ greater than their shoe size.

Even a new nom de guerre hasn't improved anything.

innuendo
21st Dec 2014, 19:16
I thought I had read something about Slasher lately.

From post #99 in the Useless new car features thread.

Quote: Nice photo OFSO looks like the photographic studio might have been a bit chilly As to slasher, his off line activities were his down fall, built up a number of chargers relating to theft of ladies underwear from washing lines in back gardens. He refused a brief in court. :Quote.

Not sure what that is about but I presume the poster has some knowledge.

cavortingcheetah
21st Dec 2014, 19:31
Slasher's flashes were phosphorescent and should be spontaneously reignited according to the laws of chemistry.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/21/2433573D00000578-2882534-image-a-73_1419172992676.jpg

Quizling
21st Dec 2014, 19:32
Quote: Nice photo OFSO looks like the photographic studio might have been a bit chilly As to slasher, his off line activities were his down fall, built up a number of chargers relating to theft of ladies underwear from washing lines in back gardens. He refused a brief in court. :Quote.

Not sure what that is about but I presume the poster has some knowledge.

innuendo, I think you may have missed a very subtle pun in the quote.

Ladies underwear - brief - geddit?

G_STRING
21st Dec 2014, 20:04
Wow! Sounds like Slasher was quite a character, would have loved to have read some posts of his

wings folded
21st Dec 2014, 20:26
Amid all the hero-worship of Slasher, I'll be a dissenting voice from a female perspective. At first his posts were funny, but became more and more lurid and vile, almost as if he was trying to see how much he could get away with. At that point I put him on my ignore list.
Not a female perspective in my case.

I never have nor ever will put posters on my ignore list, because I believe that all can express their views, even when I do not like them.

I found Slasher's posts to be less than amusing, but read them all the same. I can say the same of other posters whoe are not banned.

It takes all sorts...

If we all agreed, there would be no debate

Rather be Gardening
22nd Dec 2014, 07:34
We're all entitled to our own views, WF, I agree. :ok: But for me, the only way not to see Slasher's pictures was to put him on the list. Where he sat in splendid isolation, I might add!

Rather be Gardening
22nd Dec 2014, 07:56
Mr Crun, you're far too nice to be on the list! How's Min these days, still the darling of Roper's Light Horse? ;)

Vercingetorix
22nd Dec 2014, 09:36
Slasher was a man standing tall in a field of pygmies. Hard to believe that most of the PPRune posters are of the Rock 'n' Roll generation, bunch of wimps really.
Slash liked women, flying and booze, very unPC these days.

Sadly missed.

Mr Optimistic
22nd Dec 2014, 09:38
Miss Rainboe but not slasher: Rainboe outrage against nonprofessional posters was always worth reading. Slasher was a bit of a monomaniac in terms of postings!

Vercingetorix
22nd Dec 2014, 12:25
Basil
I do say so.

Cheers

To infinity and beyond and, hopefully, back in time for a pint of Theakstons' Old Peculier.

For the wimps I would suggest a nice cup of Cocoa. :p

Flying Lawyer
22nd Dec 2014, 12:46
Miss Rainboe: Rainboe outrage against nonprofessional posters was always worth reading.

Agreed. :ok:

He occasionally went a little OTT but I could easily understand why he felt driven to it, and sympathised.

The Diplomatic Corps wouldn't have been an alternative career for him but he was immensely knowledgeable and, to his credit, also took time to answer questions posted by wannabes - and others like me who wished to learn - both as Rainboe and under another username I've now forgotten.

FL

cavortingcheetah
22nd Dec 2014, 13:13
It was a great shame when old repellent resigned.

I thought that the following was an apposite line. it's from an article in The Seattle Times of Sunday, December 16th, 1990.

'Once thought to be virtually as benign as rainwater, RainBoe has become the subject of a stormy dispute rumbling through the aviation community.
At issue is whether RainBoe is safe - or a lethal poison that may have contributed to accidents in the past and continues to pose a threat to pilots and their passengers.'

Here's the full article for the interest of groupies, erks, fairies, plonks and anyone else who really has anything to do with kites.

Business | Mysterious Mist -- Boeing, Faa Deny Windshield Rain Repellent Is Toxic, But Critics Say Fumes Can Disable Unsuspecting Pilots | Seattle Times Newspaper (http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19901216&slug=1109705)

rgbrock1
22nd Dec 2014, 13:55
BOAC wrote:

- is the item available on Amazon. Just thinking of having one in a Christmas stocking..............

Is something like this what you had in mind?

http://mrpopat.in/admin/upload/wallpaper/201303211363850641632922585.jpg

Lonewolf_50
22nd Dec 2014, 14:08
To infinity and beyond and, hopefully, back in time for a pint of Theakstons' Old Peculier.
Tis a consummation devoutly to be wish'd.
(Isn't it old Peculiar?)
Last time I had a proper pint of it was in a Theakston's pub in the Lake District: IIRC, Grasmere.
Slasher, if you read this, there's a load of us out there rooting for you, and you can interpret that as you wish! Hope you're well and happy mate. Given that Slasher is an Aussie (I think) he'll be especially pleased to see that the load is doing as he would prefer us do. :ok:

RG: nice pic of a celestial body, but I wonder if you could shrink the overall size of the file. At this scale, nothing of substance will be lost.

probes
22nd Dec 2014, 16:18
another female perspective: I really like him, even though I wouldn't ask him for advice if I need a photo for my living-room wall. And even though he really disliked me when he thought my username belongs to a 'gay bloke':E. He's straightforward and sincere - which is not so common these days.

ehwatezedoing
22nd Dec 2014, 18:18
Could mikedreamer787 (http://www.pprune.org/members/397427-mikedreamer787) be Slasher reincarnated?

Farrell
22nd Dec 2014, 18:31
Oneball and Slasher - an insane night out!

pigboat
22nd Dec 2014, 18:47
Oneball and Slasher - an insane night out!

I'd but the drinks for that one! :eek:

TWT
22nd Dec 2014, 18:54
Could mikedreamer787 (http://www.pprune.org/members/397427-mikedreamer787) be Slasher reincarnated?

I have had the same thought.

rgbrock1
22nd Dec 2014, 18:58
mikedreamer787 is not a reincarnated Slasher. I can assure you of that. Wrong continent to begin with! :)

TWT
22nd Dec 2014, 19:15
Wrong continent ? You believe everything you read ?:p

I won't insist,but his grammatical style is very similar.

Mr Optimistic
22nd Dec 2014, 19:18
Mikedreamer = slasher ? Not a chance. Someone who chose the name 'slasher' couldn't exist with that name. Anyway, mikedreamer seems lucid.

Lonewolf_50
22nd Dec 2014, 19:22
TWT, for some reason I think MD787 and Slasher are both from Oz. If both are pilots as well, that might inform a slight similarity in usage and style.
Slight.

TWT
22nd Dec 2014, 19:27
Yes,Slasher was from Oz.He grew up 2 streets away from where I did.I think you're right that the similarities are down to country of origin ;)

fitliker
22nd Dec 2014, 20:17
Anyone else think he was bottle fed or weaned too early ?

ex_matelot
22nd Dec 2014, 22:44
Whatever happened to "proon"?

david1300
23rd Dec 2014, 04:11
Anyone else think he was bottle fed or weaned too early ?

Definitely :D:D This also showed up in his predilection for size and silicone over natural form and beauty ;) I enjoyed his involvement and if he ever overstepped my personal line in the sand I could easily move on and forgive, while anticipating better taste next time. :)

Bull at a Gate
23rd Dec 2014, 06:34
Mikedreamer = slasher?

Could well be true. Both are Australian, and they have a lot in common, not only the obvious interests which caracterised Slasher's postings. Slasher, for all his faults was helpful and kind to people like me - not a pilot but a person who loves aviation from afar. And when I sought help with my "airplane/flying high challenge" mikedreamer provided plenty of patient advice.

So Slasher might well live on in a reincarnated form.

Hydromet
23rd Dec 2014, 07:07
I don't recall Slasher ever writing limericks, although he would certainly appreciate Mikedreamer's efforts.

treadigraph
23rd Dec 2014, 08:18
I don't recall Slasher ever writing limericks

Oh yes he did!

('Tis the panto season after all)

mikedreamer787
23rd Dec 2014, 11:19
A name like Slasher conjures up either a rock and roll singer or some guy who likes cutting people using flicknives and razors. I feel it a rather parochial moniker but to each his own.

A very funny man judging by this thread. :)

And no I'm not him.

TWT
23rd Dec 2014, 11:28
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/newsletter/images2009/2009-03_Jardine-slashersign.jpg

Mr Optimistic
23rd Dec 2014, 11:38
Ah, what would Mandy Rice Davies have said?

603DX
23rd Dec 2014, 15:34
I don't recall Slasher ever writing limericks

Wot treadigraph said, in fact Slasher made 421 posts in the limerick thread, when he wasn't strolling down mammary lane in other threads ... :p

redsnail
23rd Dec 2014, 16:46
Slasher's ok by me. He's a lot of things but mysogonistic he is not. :ok:

He's from a Jehovah's Witness family and since he rejected the faith, he's been cut off from them ever since.
He is far more intelligent than many realise, mainly because he chose to keep that side relatively hidden. He can walk the talk.

con-pilot
23rd Dec 2014, 17:32
He is far more intelligent than many realise

Very true.

rgbrock1
23rd Dec 2014, 18:11
In the spirit of Slasher:

http://punchpin.com/thumbs/all_files/2012/03/16/203_1summergirls.jpg

Solid Rust Twotter
24th Dec 2014, 06:59
Hallelujah, Mr Rock!:ok:

Could mikedreamer787 be Slasher reincarnated?

MD787 is a bit too laid back to be Slasher. MD is just yer typical Ozmate red blooded bloke, whereas Slasher is a full on in your face deviant gluer of willies to legs who owns an impressive collection of boob shots. With a bit of hard work MD could reach those dizzy heights, but there's still a way to go.

Slasher could also be a reference to what one does against a wall in an alley with a tank full of piss on board.

ramble on
24th Dec 2014, 10:27
Very much miss Slasher's direct & politically unafraid posts,

And never forgot the torment he described of his missus bopping to this for weeks.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

Nostalgia's just not the same anymore.

TWT
24th Dec 2014, 10:31
And his description of giving his missus shooting lessons with an AK-47 which he gave her for protection while he was away.He said getting ammo was a bit tricky but they had some friends that were happy to keep them supplied.

rgbrock1
24th Dec 2014, 14:49
And his description of giving his missus shooting lessons with an AK-47 which he gave her for protection while he was away.He said getting ammo was a bit tricky but they had some friends that were happy to keep them supplied.

However, what is not commonly known is what Slasher did to the missus garden gnomes, those evil things, with that same AK-47. :}:E:ok:

Capetonian
24th Dec 2014, 15:07
Narden Gomes, that well known Portuguese football player, with team captain Fasil Bolty.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4005/4190929305_02405b4ae5_z.jpg?zz=1

ehwatezedoing
27th Dec 2014, 19:18
A name like Slasher conjures up either a rock and roll singer or some guy who likes cutting people using flicknives and razors. I feel it a rather parochial moniker but to each his own.

A very funny man judging by this thread. :)

And no I'm not him.

ah well....

No wonder I get confused :ok:

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/553437-your-best-christmas-present-ever-2.html#post8796832

Mr Optimistic
27th Dec 2014, 20:15
Slasher's problem was that he couldn't decide what was most important to him: his wife's beasts or the function of his penis.

Capetonian
27th Dec 2014, 20:20
his wife's beasts or the function of his penis.
What sort of beasts?

Mr Optimistic
27th Dec 2014, 20:29
:bored:gulp. As I recall she may have been Philippino so maybe not beasts....

SpringHeeledJack
27th Dec 2014, 21:35
I believe Slasher got his name from a captain who commented on his ability to take several breaks to urinate in the final parts of a flight, a veritable slashoholic :}

SHJ

con-pilot
27th Dec 2014, 23:28
'Who is/was Slasher?"

God I feel old. :(

Pinky the pilot
28th Dec 2014, 06:35
I can report that Slasher is still about but as far as I am aware no longer even lurks on this site!:sad:

He has registered on 'another site' with which I am familiar but no; I will not pass on details.

IMHO we are indeed the poorer for his no longer being on this site, but it is my understanding that he did finally, terminally offend someone in authority.

SpringHeeledJack; You are correct. Sort of, I believe.

mikedreamer787
28th Dec 2014, 13:06
I think it was mods wives who got him, one mod here had a wife who was a very active trabbist and got her hubbie to ban various bods.

I have received a couple of privately messaged warnings along the same lines from other members Mr Crun after I initially made some liberally licentious contributions during my newbie days. Based on those messages I concluded that the spouses of moderators appear to hold more power over us than the moderators themselves. :bored:

I believe Slasher got his name from a captain who commented on his ability to take several breaks to urinate in the final parts of a flight, a veritable slashoholic

Thank you. That would explain his moniker then.

oopspff7
28th Dec 2014, 13:14
I,m sure in one thread that Slasher mentioned his addiction to coffee.That might help explain his moniker given coffees diuretic qualities.:ok:

rennaps
3rd Jan 2015, 11:00
For someone that was banned, almost 9,000 hits is not bad.

Blacksheep
3rd Jan 2015, 11:41
Most of the board's "characters" are either banned or have passed away.

mikedreamer787
3rd Jan 2015, 17:55
Indeed Mr Crun.

By the way if one sends a private message to 'JB Mods' with a request does one usually get a response from them or is it just ignored? I transmitted a message to this address recently to delete a post from a thread I've been recently banned from. Nothing observed nor heard since and I have only been here for a short time so I don't know the street well enough yet.

G-CPTN
3rd Jan 2015, 19:14
Do you expect a written reply to your prayers?

Fantome
13th Jan 2015, 18:39
been here for a short time

as we all are old son. . .. . . especially those on day release

(somehow an insistent Cat Steven's refrain is revolving in my subconscious)

miss Slasher miss Rainboe miss Duke Elegant (RIP Les)

and Binos from Mackay Queensland . . (he who did minceth not his words)

johnfairr
13th Jan 2015, 20:13
Fantome,

Add Gainesy to that list . . . . . :sad::sad:

parabellum
14th Jan 2015, 06:12
I have received a couple of privately messaged warnings along the same lines from other members Mr Crun after I initially made some liberally licentious contributions during my newbie days. Based on those messages I concluded that the spouses of moderators appear to hold more power over us than the moderators themselves.As an ex Mod from a long way back I think you are very wide of the mark in suggesting that a Mod's wife might be the driving force behind anyone being banned. If the wife happens to be a member then, like any other member, she can report a post and give reasons which may, or may not, be acted upon. Long term bans are not dished out lightly and in Slasher's case I think you will find it was nothing more than a case of ignoring multiple warnings and posting material that was prohibited by the forum rules, nothing more devious, conspiratorial or dramatic than that. :)

Exascot
14th Jan 2015, 12:35
I've said it before and I will say it again, generally, the moderators are a Politicaly Correct police force. They should get a life. Try living here or in Birmingham. Mind you Slasher would like it here you should see some of the chest sizes. Unfortunately they keep their weight and balance by an even bigger rear quarter :E

rgbrock1
14th Jan 2015, 12:41
generally, the moderators are a Politicaly Correct police force. They should get a life.

See ya, Exascot. You'll be missed.

parabellum
14th Jan 2015, 12:43
I've said it before and I will say it again, generally, the moderators are a Politicaly Correct police force
No, previously Dan and his acolytes were the masters, now it is a commercial concern and the rules have changed. Please adjust accordingly.

dazdaz1
14th Jan 2015, 16:26
He was sussed when 'Mac the knife' entered the forum. Post 'slasher'

Ancient Observer
14th Jan 2015, 18:25
I suggest that everyone who slags off a mod should have to do modding for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, with a couple of lawyers watching/reading their every move.

SWMBO was a lawyer, and hates all this modern stuff..............but it is lawyers that are the problem, not mods!!

10,000 New York lawyers died when their Convention ships collided and sank.
I guess it's a start......

angels
14th Jan 2015, 18:49
There's a lot more to Slash than meets the eye. As others have said he was kind to the inquisitive and really knew his stuff. It used to be fascinating seeing him with his pilot's hat on, the difference was astonishing.

B Fraser
14th Jan 2015, 20:11
I have yet to spend an evening in the company of a mod and a bottle (or two) and not felt that it had been a very special occasion. I have found them to be absolutely first class company.

I am sure that the same could be said of El Slasho but never had the privilege.

david1300
16th Jan 2015, 01:10
I often wondered if Slasher had been born (or possibly conceived) in the shadow of the Grand Teton Grand Teton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Teton) as Teton in French apparently means breast. Maybe he was forcibly removed :eek: in his formative years, as this could explain his fascination with monumental mammaries ;)

I can imagine him coming across a fair maiden like this one pictured here, and wondering if her tetons are anywhere near as grand as those she is looking at :ok:
http://www.wildnatureimages.com/images%203/070626-019..jpg

fitliker
16th Jan 2015, 01:25
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/08/Mither_Tap_from_the_South_-_geograph.org.uk_-_55769.jpg/280px-Mither_Tap_from_the_South_-_geograph.org.uk_-_55769.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mither_Tap_from_the_South_-_geograph.org.uk_-_55769.jpg) Mither Tap from the south
Elevation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summit_(topography))1,732 ft (528 m)Prominence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topographic_prominence)1,037 ft (316 m)Listing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mountain_lists)Marilyn (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Marilyn_(Mountain)&action=edit&redlink=1), Breast shaped Mountains (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Breast_shaped_Mountain&action=edit&redlink=1)TranslationHill of the breast (Gaelic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Gaelic_language))Pronunciation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA)English / (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English)b (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)ɛ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)ˈ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)n (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)h (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)iː (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English)LocationLocationAberdeenshire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeenshire_(traditional)), Scotland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland)OS grid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_Survey_National_Grid)NJ662226 (http://tools.wmflabs.org/os/coor_g/?pagename=Bennachie&params=NJ662226_region%3AGB_scale%3A25000)Topo map (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topographic_map)OS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_Survey) Landranger 38

Aye, Aye, Fit Like , Mon Cheil I see your French booby hill and raise you a bonny Scottish hill, Bennachie. Ya ken :)

MagnusP
16th Jan 2015, 08:24
fitliker, how about the Paps of Jura?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/Lochans_on_Cnuic_Charrach_-_geograph.org.uk_-_449149.jpg

Mechta
16th Jan 2015, 09:34
You can imagine being Slasher's first officer:

Slasher: "You see that cloud, it looks like a pair o...."

FO: "Yes, I know"

I miss him too. :sad::sad::sad:

Mac the Knife
16th Jan 2015, 10:16
You called?

The fact that anyone has to ask about Slasher says volumes about the changes on PPPuNe/JB over the years.

Mac (he's just a very naughty boy)

:ok:

Hydromet
16th Jan 2015, 10:20
Slasher: "You see that cloud, it looks like a pair o...."

FO: "Yes, I know"
Mamatus (http://wordlesstech.com/2011/08/27/mammatus-clouds-over-nebraska/)

Ant T
16th Jan 2015, 13:25
LeMaire Channel, Antarctic. Originally named Cape Reynard Towers, but renamed Una's Tits by early members of British Antarctic Survey, reputedly after a Secretary for BAS in Stanley, Una Spivey.
Now officially called Una Peaks (but still universally known as Una's Tits !

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb450/antt10/Unas_tits_2010.jpg

rgbrock1
16th Jan 2015, 13:27
The Allman Brothers Band has a song called "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed".

rgbrock1 has a photo called "In Memory of Slasher".

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608005999038103649&pid=15.1&P=0

fitliker
16th Jan 2015, 17:14
I can see why hill walking is so popular in Scotland.
I think I need to go for a walk :)

mikedreamer787
16th Jan 2015, 18:11
Then there's the Big Breast Mountains in
the Zhenfeng county in southern China's
Guizhou province.

http://www.wantchinatimes.com/newsphoto/2013-05-08/450/C809X22H_2002%E7%89%87_N22-172131F_2013%E8%B3%87%E6%96%99%E7%85%A7%E7%89%87_N71_copy1.J PG

Limeygal
16th Jan 2015, 18:31
Una appears to have one bigger than the other :)

mikedreamer787
16th Jan 2015, 18:37
Speaking of Una's Tits, is it me or is
there what looks like a bloke's thin
lanky head in between them?

Pali
16th Jan 2015, 18:47
Elbrus, locals call it also "Girl's breasts"

http://www.summitpost.org/images/original/680531.jpg