PDA

View Full Version : WPC Indian RTR A Exam Schedule 2015

cyrilroy21
20th Dec 2014, 12:49
The WPC has updated the schedule for the year 2015

Here is the official link
http://www.wpc.gov.in/WriteReadData/Orders/RTR%20(A)%20Schedule%20for%202015.pdf

I have uploaded one here as well just incase the above link does not work

https://www.scribd.com/doc/250624727/WPC-RTR-a-Schedule-for-2015

Some Important tips

1. While the exam dates are tentative the last dates for online filing and sending hard copy are strictly adhered to unless mentioned explicitly on the WPC website
After online filing the hard copy has to reach within the 7 days . So please make sure prior to applying online you have all the documentation ready

2. For the Hyderabad attempt 2013 the WPC after applying online told candidates that the last day for hard copy was 23rd of december instead of 22nd November . This was a huge error on their part which resulted in a large number of candidates being rejected
***BE CAREFUL***
Irrespective of what they say the hard copy should reach within 7 days after applying online

3. DD should be taken from SBI bank only

4.. Apply for the next attempt before the results of the current attempt is published . Otherwise you might unnecessarily miss the next attempt .

5.. Dont waste time till the last day to apply online or for printing the admit card . Quite often the website has been reported to be not working the day before the exam or before the last date to apply

Last year's thread contains a wealth of information and answers to most questions can be found here
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/530510-wpc-indian-rtr-exam-schedule-2014-a.html

So prior to asking questions please the read the above thread

I recommend all Indian pilots to get the RTR A license after passing part 1 and part 2 with lifetime validity because once you have to have it then you can forget about it till the day you retire
RTR P and C renewals can be a pain depending upon the country of foreign RT /CPL

Checklist of various documents needed for RTR licenses

http://wpc.gov.in/WriteReadData/userfiles/file/doc20140807011519.pdf

cyrilroy21
20th Dec 2014, 12:50
The application for the Feb Mumbai attempt 2015 is now open

Last date to apply online is 2nd Jan 2015

http://www.wpc.gov.in/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=60019

praby
10th Jan 2015, 14:07
hey cyrl,
I want to ask, last date of rtf hard copy submission for mumbai attempt was 9th of jan 2015,have speed posted on 6 of jan 2015 but my doc is still in middle and will take another 2 days, so will they accept the application because its not my fault. Mistake is done by Indian Post.

Thank You

cyrilroy21
10th Jan 2015, 20:39
@praby

There is a likely chance that your application might get rejected even though its not your fault
Unfortunately thats how all govt organisations including the DGCA work and they wont care if any delays take place at the courier level

I would still recommend that you keep studying for RT though because in case they do accept it then you might not have a lot of time to prepare

For the next attempt please send the application atleast 7 days ( the earlier the better ) before the last date and keep a lookout for any public holdidays as well

ashish paidipalli
19th Jan 2015, 10:41
is there any minimum time for applying RTR A licen with RLO after results ?

Ashok Sharma
18th Feb 2015, 08:28
I am presently doing flying training from India. What is the procedure for undergoing RT test abroad on line or going abroad. The foreign RT license which can be directly converted into Indian RTR A.

cyrilroy21
26th Feb 2015, 09:00
The application window for the Delhi attempt is now open . Last date to apply online is 6th March 2015

Dont wait till the last date to apply online or send the hard copy . Many a time applications are rejected because the hard copy does not reach in time which for this attempt is 13th March 2015

I understand that the Mumbai attempt results have not yet been published so please dont wait till the results come

cyrilroy21
26th Feb 2015, 09:09
@ Ashok Sharma

There are two ways in which you can et a foreign RT converted

1. RTR (P)

For this license you will need to hold the foreign RT and the a CPL from the same country as well .
For the RTR P you do not need to give any exams in India . You can apply for conversion directly

But since you dont have an Indian CPL to convert to a foreign country's CPL this option would be out of the question for you

2. RTR (C)

For this license all you need is a Foreign RT license .

You can go to any country that is a commonwealth country or the philippines . Once you obtain the license you will need to pass part 1 only

cyrilroy21
27th Feb 2015, 11:52
Congrats to all those candidates that cleared the Mumbai 2015 attempt :D

http://www.wpc.gov.in/WriteReadData/Orders/Result%20of%20RTR%20(A)%20Examination%20held%20at%20Mumbai%2 0during%209th%20to%2021st%20February,%202015.pdf

cyrilroy21
23rd Apr 2015, 08:21
The application window for the Chennai attempt is now open . Last date to apply online is 8th of May 2015

Please dont wait till the last date to apply online or send the hard copy by post

*** I strongly recommend those appearing for the April Delhi attempt to apply for Chennai as well ***
There is a very likely chance that the delhi attempt results will only be published after the last date for the Chennai attempt

kp89
5th May 2015, 15:05
Hi

My RTR(P) has expired on Jan 2015 and I'm currently giving the Full examination.

I just wanted to know if it is possible to get a new RTR(P) [ with my foreign FRTOL still being valid] and doing just the part-1 exam to get the lifetime validity.

Thanks

cyrilroy21
15th May 2015, 05:07
Lifetime validity is only given to those who have an RTR A after passing both part 1 and part 2 and paying 10,000 rupees

Converted RTR licenses like RTR P & C max validity is 20 years ( depending upon the foreign license )

And RTR P is given on the basis of both FOREIGN FRTOL and FOREIGN CPL
You dont need to give part 1 again
Just go and apply for a fresh RTR P license instead of a renewal

If your foreign FRTOL has lifetime validity then you can pass part 1 and aply for an RTR C which will be issued for 20 years

And congrats to all those that passed the Delhi attempt

http://www.wpc.gov.in/WriteReadData/Orders/RTR%20(A)%20Resut%20of%20Exam%20held%20at%20Delhi%20Center%2 0in%20April.%202015.pdf

cyrilroy21
21st May 2015, 13:14
Important notice

The WPC Mumbai Regional office has shifted to the following address as of 11th May 2015

3rd Floor , MTNL Telephone Exchange Building , Charkop , Sector 5 , Kandivli , Mumbai - 400067

http://www.wpc.gov.in/WriteReadData/userfiles/file/RLO%20Mumbai%20shifting.pdf

cyrilroy21
4th Jul 2015, 20:21
Congrats to all those candidates that passed the Chennai attempt

http://www.wpc.gov.in/WriteReadData/Orders/RTR%20(A)%20Resut%20of%20Exam%20held%20at%20Chennai%20Centre %20during%2015th%20June,%202015%20to%2024th%20June,%202015.p df

duddysingh
4th Aug 2015, 15:49
guys help me out ...
I am unable to download my admit card for kolkata attempt, it gives message " your application under process"

even for the last attempt chennai 2015 same message was coming .. I tried to call WPC office no but no one picks up..

thanks in advance.

vjthepilot
20th Sep 2015, 05:24
hello guys i cleared RTR part 1&2 kolkata attempt 2015...the result was declared on 2nd i sent the hard copy on 4th of sep how long will it take for the RLO to issue the license???:confused:

thx in advance :ok:

smartx123
20th Oct 2015, 09:25
Hi,
Following is my case,I am looking for the right information.

Indian CPL expired on - 25 May 2015
Indian FRTOL - 25 May 2015
RTR (P) - 9 Sept 2012.

Canadian CPL expired on - June 2013
Canadian RT - Life time (But my Canadian medicals is not valid, hence RT not valid i think)

I want to renew my Indian CPL. I was aware i needed to renew RT first.

Can some one please advice, if i need to take up both Part 1 and 2 to renew my RTR P or take up only part 1? Or any other alternatives?
Am i eligible to renew my RTR (P)?

I do not have the right material to study for part 1, can anyone inbox me if you can help,its appreciated.

go_yell
20th Oct 2015, 13:21
Going forward there are three ways for you:

1. Get Canadian CPL renewed by applying for renewal of ADB. Canadian RT is valid for life irrespective of class-I. Medical not required for renewal of license as well. Once you have your renewed Canadian CPL apply for RTR(P) based on your Canadian RT.

2. Appear for the next RTR exam and attempt paper-I only. Based on this paper and Canadian RT apply for RTR (C); validity 20 years.

3. in the coming attempt clear both Paper-I and Paper-II and get a lifetimes RTR(A).

Once you get RTR(P)/RTR(C)/RTR(A) get your FRTOL renewed.

With your FRTOL renewed go do recency checks, and submit application for CPL renewal :ok::ok:

As far as I know for Indian CPL expired for period less than a year you just need to do recency day and night checks. The flying club will add a fam flight from their end.

For license expired more than a year till 3 years you need to give Air Regs again. Might as well sit for them as well just in case your process goes beyond May'16.

cyrilroy21
29th Oct 2015, 15:32
Please dont forget that the Hyderabad attempt window is now open . The online window closes by 6th of November .

For those giving the Delhi attempt please register for this attempt as there is a high possibility that the delhi attempt results will come out only after last date to apply for the next attempt

Home Page:Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing, Government of India (http://www.wpc.gov.in/)

nishantk10
2nd Feb 2016, 17:11
What is Indian RT license and how do i get started on this ? I am currently doing MY CPL from USA and have no idea about it.

What to expect in the exams ? Any reference books, links etc.. would be highly appreciated.

cyrilroy21
4th Feb 2016, 12:13
Hi Nishant

RT stands for Radio Telephony license. Anyone who wishes to operate an aircraft radio in India is required by the Govt of India to hold one. This is issued by the WPC wing of the Ministry of Communications.

Most countries require their pilots to hold a radio license in order to operate an aircraft radio

In India this is one of the requirements for issue of a pilots license

Even in the U.S the FCC issues a radio license. But as per FCC rules you only need a FCC license to operate an aircraft radio if you plan to fly international.

There are 3 types of licenses issued by the WPC.

1. RTR ( A ) - This issued after passing two exams i.e Part 1 and Part 2 . A radio transmission exam and an oral exam. The RTR A license can be issued for life after passing the exam and payment of 10,000 rupees license fees

2. RTR ( C ) - This is issued to those candidates that holds an RT license from a commonweatlh country and after passing the Part 1 exam conducted by the WPC.

3. RTR ( P ) - This is issued to those candidates that hold RT and a CPL license from a commonwealth country. This is the fastest method to issue the license as there are no exams and you can come to India and directly apply for conversion

Unfortunately since the U.S is not a commonwealth country the FAA CPL and FCC RT license is not recongised for the issue of RTR C or RTR P

The RTR A exams are very difficult and you will need coaching to pass them. Even then the pass rates are very poor . They average around 16% - 18% every attempt. There are 6 attempts in a year.

A lot of FAA CPL holders after obtaining the license head over to Canada ( since canada is a commonwealth country) and obtain a Canadian CPL and Canadian RT and then apply for an RTR P license after returning to India.
FAA CPL to Transport Canada CPL is a relatively simple process ( 1 written exam ) as they mutually recognise each others licenses

The RTR P issued from a Canadian license will be valid for 5 years.

Many candidates later sit and study and obtain the RTR A license after passing the exams and apply for lifetime validity as only the RTR A license is valid for life
The DGCA or the airlines dont care which of the above 3 licenses you hold as long as its valid

nishantk10
5th Feb 2016, 15:41
Thank you Cyril for the great piece of info. I might need lot of info going forward :ok:

nishantk10
8th Feb 2016, 22:05
Cyril,
I was looking in to canadian website on radio license and I see they have several categories of them. WHich one should I be looking for is this the one "Restricted Operator Certificate - Aeronautical (ROC-A),"

Thank You

Thorondor
1st Mar 2016, 08:22
Hi

Does anyone have the schedule for the RTR A for the year 2016?

bigzulu01
1st Apr 2016, 23:37
Presently, I'm working towards my US FAA CPL. I was recently told by someone that in order to get RTR (P) in India, through conversion of US CPL to Canadian CPL and further getting a Canadian RT, I need a minimum of 30 hrs of flying in Canada. Apparently, this rule has been recently issued by the WPC.

I couldn't find this on WPC's website. Can someone please confirm if this is indeed true.

Thanks.

cyrilroy21
5th Apr 2016, 16:19
Nothing of the requirement for 30 hours from a particular country has been made available on the WPC website
If that was the case they would ask for the logbook when applying for RTR P

Your friend must be confusing the 30 hours requirement within last 5 years for renewal of license with the issue of RTR P

That being said WPC can change the rules at any time . As of this writing nothing of that sort has been published . So dont stop obtaining that canadian CPL and RT if you need to

wingstwo
6th Jun 2016, 15:06
Folks, any update on the likely RTR (A) exam dates for the Chennai attempt, 2016? The WPC website suggested they will start on the 6th of June. I have applied for Part I and am yet to be able to access my admit card or the 'Filed Application' link on the WPC website. These links don't seem to be enabled yet. Though the application status states as 'Accepted' in the Application number link.

Any inputs as to by when are they likely to conduct the Chennai attempt for 2016?

Dougghnutts10
12th Jun 2016, 09:00
Folks, any update on the likely RTR (A) exam dates for the Chennai attempt, 2016? The WPC website suggested they will start on the 6th of June. I have applied for Part I and am yet to be able to access my admit card or the 'Filed Application' link on the WPC website. These links don't seem to be enabled yet. Though the application status states as 'Accepted' in the Application number link.

Any inputs as to by when are they likely to conduct the Chennai attempt for 2016?

I have friends appearing on 15th for sure.

bayblade
1st Jul 2016, 14:14
Hi could anyone suggest coaching classes in Kolkata for part 1 exams? I have an RTR p.

elsa86
11th Jul 2016, 11:59
Hi i have a RTR A but it expired in 2014. Now in order to renew it do i have to give RT exam again?