PDA

View Full Version : Need some help and guide please

chrcaremanav
19th Dec 2014, 22:08
This message has been posted to the Cabin Crew wannabes, but pasting the same message here concerning to become a Ground Crew.

Hi! How are You? Me OK. I do not know where to start and I do not know if this is the good thread to ask those questions, if not, the Administrator can move this thread to another Community or Forum. I want some information, I have passion in Aviation, it came late in my life though, at age 35, when I took the first flight of my life from Manchester New Hampshire to go see my Parents as snowbirds at Sarasota Florida a Southwest 737-300, I was very impress to leave at chilling weather and arriving at Tampa at 80 degrees in the middle of the night in the Month of March 2002, so my passion started there, now I would like to have a career in Aviation, like working at VIP Lounges and Ground Crew or Flight Attendant, but Ground Crew I will ask at Their Forums, will copy and paste the same message. I am 47 years of age man, but single and of course do not have any Children, always been single, not by choice, but the intangibles and destiny were not there to meet my Future Wife, I Hope it will change. What I want to know, what do I need to go work at VIP Lounges and Lounges in General, like what Formation or Diploma do I need to work there and to be a Flight Attendant at my age and I heard and read that the Interviews process and procedures are very hard and difficult to pass through and if I want to be a Flight Attendant and become one, are We starting on Regional Flights or all kind of flights, I am more interested in Regional Flights, because on long haul flights, if we have to serve a lobster and the aircraft has a small turbulence and the lobster falls on the lap of a Passenger mmmm!! trouble! So Regional Flight, it is most often small snacks. I am a man who care about People and want Their well Being and security and Comfort at Heart and I have very high Principles of Life and Politeness and Diplomacy. So no problem there and I am French and English from Canada but I am ready to study other languages and the ways those Cultures are living and Their Customs. What kind of college degrees do I need to become a Ground Crew. Please help.
Thank You for Your Attention and Collaboration.
Be safe and have a super day.

Grasscarp
21st Dec 2014, 05:36
You don't need a degree. Find the opportunities at airports you can travel to. Take a job even if not quite what you aspire to. Get to know people. I speak from experience as I joined an airline with little experience and worked up to a dream job. First year not what I wanted but next 25 years great.