PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Strikes Back

rgbrock1
19th Dec 2014, 16:07
According to several news media reports, the Pakistani Army to include Special Forces, are currently undertaking operations in the NW tribal frontier area between Pakistan and Afghanistan. The NW frontier area of course being the usual hiding place of the Pakistani and Afghan Taliban.

To date, 77 Taliban thugs have been "eliminated" and the operations will "continue now and into the foreseeable future."

Boudreaux Bob
19th Dec 2014, 16:16
Something they should have doing all along instead of the half assed measures they have undertaken in the past couple of Decades.

rgbrock1
19th Dec 2014, 16:18
Agreed, Bob.

SMT Member
19th Dec 2014, 16:27
Read in a news clip somewhere, that around 1000 schools in Pakistan have been attacked by various fractions of the long-beards over the years. One would have thought, that any reasonably responsible .gov would have done something about that a long time ago.

Tells you all you need to know about Pakistani politics, if you ask me.

B Fraser
19th Dec 2014, 16:55
They did not manage to find Bin Laden and he was living up the road from their military academy.

Not a hope.

rgbrock1
19th Dec 2014, 17:16
B Fraser

They did not "find" bin Liner because there was nothing to find: they already knew just where he was.

obgraham
19th Dec 2014, 17:16
They'll make a stink about this for a week or two, then drop back to their usual policy of encouraging the Tali's again.

Wouldn't want to endanger their cash flow from Uncle Sam.

Boudreaux Bob
19th Dec 2014, 17:39
They did find the Pakistani Doctor who helped the Americans find and kill Bin Liner....and he is still in safe keeping in one of their Prisons for having done so.

Yes they are staunch allies in this War on Terrorism aren't they?

west lakes
19th Dec 2014, 17:54
Something I saw posted elsewhere

For Our Children (http://nation.com.pk/editorials/17-Dec-2014/for-our-children)

rgbrock1
19th Dec 2014, 18:01
West Lakes:

Thanks for posting the link: interesting read. More people in Pakistan need to speak out as the OP did.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
19th Dec 2014, 18:02
Thanks West Lakes
That linked to this:
ATC bails main Mumbai attacks accused (http://nation.com.pk/national/19-Dec-2014/atc-bails-main-mumbai-attacks-accused)

Pakistan has just released on Bail the man accused (by the lone surviving terrorist) of masterminding the Mumbai atrocity in India. The double standards is breathtaking.

crewmeal
19th Dec 2014, 18:34
The hangman has also been busy.....

BBC News - Pakistan resumes executions after Peshawar school attack (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30556260)

Stanwell
20th Dec 2014, 02:51
"The hangman has also been busy"..
Ah yes - but who exactly were they hanging?

Just remember that a Paki politician has just assured the world - "Pakistan stands together!"

AHEM !

Captain Sand Dune
20th Dec 2014, 03:30
The school that was attacked by the Taliban was mostly populated by children from military families. There's your motivation on both sides. Any guesses what the reaction from the Pakistani military would have been if it were a school not populated by children from military families?
And how much Islamic terrorism can be traced back to Pakistan?

Andu
20th Dec 2014, 04:38
Except that this attack was directed at military families, for me, when the headline 'Pakistan Strikes Back' (at the Taliban), my mind immediately completes the headline with the words "...with a wet lettuce".

Whilst not wishing the fate those Pakistani scholchildren suffered upon anyone, I find myself unable to avoid thinking that wouldn't it be karma if every child who was killed at the school by the Taliban was the child of senior Pakistani ISI officers?

Those bastards have been playing a double hand with the West for decades, (bin Laden living for how many years in the shadow of Pakistan's West Point being just one example of many), and I'd be willing to bet that there'd be many in the know among the Western intel. forces who, if ever given the slightest excuse, would gladly re-direct the next 200 or more drone strikes against targets where they'd actually achieve a positive result - against the senior officers of the Pakistani ISI.

crewmeal
20th Dec 2014, 06:39
Ah yes - but who exactly were they hanging?

Those that have been tortured then confessed then convicted of terrorism.

Pakistan executes 2 militants after lifting moratorium on death penalty - Hindustan Times (http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/pak-executes-2-militants-after-lifting-ban-on-death-penalty/article1-1298391.aspx)

As I said he'll be busy and probably need an assistant.

Romeo Oscar Golf
21st Dec 2014, 02:46
Those that have been tortured then confessed then convicted of terrorism.
So crewmeal do you question this conviction?

crewmeal
21st Dec 2014, 07:51
So crewmeal do you question this conviction?

Not in the least! However having worked in Pakistan a few years ago, I've seen examples of Pakistani torture and believe me it's not nice. To be fair there will always be those who will be hanged who are innocent. After all isn't that one of the reasons why the UK abolished hanging back in the 60's?

Personally I'm all for hanging provided there is no doubt that the person is guilty 'beyond any shadow of doubt'. That said I'm sure will the thread will now drift into a bring back hanging debate.

Stanwell
21st Dec 2014, 12:57
Having had a bit to do with Pakistan and its politics some years ago prompted my question;
"Who, exactly, are they hanging?"

Some people can be simply 'inconvenient' to those in local power.

bcgallacher
21st Dec 2014, 19:03
In the past the Pakistan Taliban have been bombing mosques of Shia and other minority Muslims,machine gunning the worshippers and also Christian churches and congregations. As Pakistan is predominantly Sunni the populace really had little objection to this so the authorities did little to prevent such massacres. Now the rule book has been torn up it will be interesting to see whether there will be positive action or just the usual rhetoric.

crewmeal
22nd Dec 2014, 13:25
So how many people did Albert Pierrepoint manager to hang?

Pakistan To Execute 500 Terror Convicts (http://news.sky.com/story/1396127/pakistan-to-execute-500-terror-convicts)

Looks like Pakistan is about to overtake him.

onetrack
22nd Dec 2014, 13:37
Having had a bit to do with Pakistan and its politics some years ago prompted my question;
"Who, exactly, are they hanging?"

Some people can be simply 'inconvenient' to those in local power.Never were truer words spoken. :D:D:D

There's supposed to be 8000 prisoners on death row in Pakistan, with around 500 of them classed as "militants" or "extremists".
I'll wager a lot of them would be classed as "political prisoners" anywhere else in the world.

There's at least 10,000,000 screaming, ranting Islamic nutters with a feral hatred of the West, living in Northern Pakistan.
Until the Pakistanis treat them the same as the Taliban, I won't be cheering anything the Pakistanis are doing to supposedly reduce Islamic terrorism.

Lonewolf_50
22nd Dec 2014, 14:24
The school that was attacked by the Taliban was mostly populated by children from military families. There's your motivation on both sides. Any guesses what the reaction from the Pakistani military would have been if it were a school not populated by children from military families?
They'd put it on their "to do list" much as the "help find Bin Laden" was put on a "to do" list.
And how much Islamic terrorism can be traced back to Pakistan? Ample.

fitliker
22nd Dec 2014, 16:11
They will probably hang the same guy 500 times and sell passports to the other 499 so they can claim refugee status in Bradford :)

corruptio optimi pessima

TWT
22nd Dec 2014, 18:51
Pakistan to execute 500 militants 'soon' | GulfNews.com (http://gulfnews.com/news/world/pakistan/pakistan-to-execute-500-militants-soon-1.1430563)

An eclectic variety of weapons in the pic.One wonders where they get items such as the Steyr and MP5 from.Dodgy arms dealers I suppose.