PDA

View Full Version : Deliberate lies.

superq7
18th Dec 2014, 00:02
See link.

BBC News - Al-Sweady Inquiry: UK army murder claims 'deliberate lies' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30515369)

Mr Chips
18th Dec 2014, 01:16
31million to work out that enemy combatants lie, and Soldiers are a bit nasty to them????

Are they fecking kidding?

Romeo Oscar Golf
18th Dec 2014, 02:49
Yes I agree Chipsie. Thank goodness I'm old and wont have to watch this PC nonsense for much longer.

wiggy
18th Dec 2014, 08:11
From the BBC piece:

The report said that soldiers responded to the ambush with "exemplary courage, resolution and professionalism" but that the conduct of some individual soldiers, and some of the procedures of the military, "fell below the high standards normally to be expected of the British army".

It found that:

The detainees should have been given some privacy while being strip-searched and should have been given proper food when they were first detained.

They should not have been deprived of sleep before they were questioned or shouted at during interrogation.

They were deprived of sight by being made to wear blacked-out goggles for prolonged periods when this had no security purpose.

It also described as "ill treatment" an interrogator banging a tent peg on a table and walking around a blindfolded detainee blowing on the back of his neck.

It is understood that the former Iraqi detainees - who are now known to have been armed insurgents at the time - will not pursue claims of compensation.

Words fail me....

Fareastdriver
18th Dec 2014, 08:39
I notice that the lawyers acting for the 'victims' are not apologising. One wonders whether they put them up for it.

John Hill
18th Dec 2014, 08:48
Oh well, never loose sight of the fact that it was deliberate lies that got those soldiers into Iraq in the first place.

Solid Rust Twotter
18th Dec 2014, 08:56
...It also described as "ill treatment" an interrogator banging a tent peg on a table and walking around a blindfolded detainee blowing on the back of his neck....

Blowing on the back of his neck, eh? The horror! That's right up there alongside sawing his head off with a bread knife.

Espada III
18th Dec 2014, 12:57
Its all the fault of Cherie Bliar, Gareth Pierce and Imran Khan. Left wing loony lawyers who earn millions defending the non-defensible. If militant Islam takes over the world, these people will be the first against the wall but they just don't see it.

Stanwell
18th Dec 2014, 13:27
rgb,
The "subject at hand" is deliberate lies.
How many lives have been ruined by the bullsh1t that kicked it off?

BTW, I agree strongly with Wiggy's post - 'Words fail me!'

Trossie
18th Dec 2014, 14:21
I notice that the lawyers acting for the 'victims' are not apologising. One wonders whether they put them up for it.Why should they apologise? They are absolutely delighted at the vast amount of the 31m that has worked its way into their bank accounts! 'Put them up for it'? Of course they did! That's how they make all that money. There are no morals in that profession, just an eye for any case that will bring in loads of dosh. And if innocent people have to go through hell while they are pursuing their warped concepts of 'justice'*, well, who cares? However, if those lawyers were ever in trouble somewhere, they would be squealing if those self same soldiers were not there to help them.

* 'Justice' to them is simple the art of transferring cash from other peoples' bank accounts to theirs through legal means.

KBPsen
18th Dec 2014, 14:35
Deliberate lies? Perhaps some of those 31million should have been spent on a dictionary.

er340790
18th Dec 2014, 15:56
walking around a blindfolded detainee blowing on the back of his neck.

Awwwww... Come on!!! Who, in their time, hasn't crept up on their sleeping dog and blown on their ears to see how long you can make them waggle them for, without waking them up?!!!!!!

I KNOW I HAVE!!! :}

One day she nipped me on the nose... I should have let her lie.

(I'm sure there's a motto in there somewhere!) :ugh:

Boudreaux Bob
18th Dec 2014, 17:20
They should not have been deprived of sleep before they were questioned or shouted at during interrogation.

That's it then Boyo!

Torture at its worst!

Try that line on your RSM sometime and see how far you get?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJ8ILIE780

18th Dec 2014, 17:27
Deliberate lies.

Is there any other kind of a lie?

airship
18th Dec 2014, 21:27
Well, there are 'white lies'. Perhaps there are also 'brown' (or Muslim) lies too. Unless 'white lies' are really deliberate lies made by white (as opposed to brown, black or yellow) folks. Or should that be yolks? Whatever, egg on my face...

reynoldsno1
18th Dec 2014, 22:18
It found that:

The detainees should have been given some privacy while being strip-searched and should have been given proper food when they were first detained.

They were deprived of sight by being made to wear blacked-out goggles for prolonged periods when this had no security purpose.

It also described as "ill treatment" an interrogator banging a tent peg on a table and walking around a blindfolded detainee blowing on the back of his neck.

I have just had a flashback to an escape & evasion exercise in Germany in the early 70's. I have also now remembered the hurt, humiliation and trauma to which I was subjected. There was a bucket of water involved as well. I assume the sack was a substitute for a pair of nifty blacked out goggles. And don't get me started on the sarcastic remarks ...:ok:

I would like to claim my compensation millions now ....:ok:

Stanwell
19th Dec 2014, 03:08
Me too, me too!
The RSM even kicked me up the @rse, once!

Checkboard
19th Dec 2014, 12:09
I have just had a flashback to an escape & evasion exercise in Germany in the early 70's.
There is a difference in knowing that it is training, and will thus stop short of serious injury and wondering whether is will actually escalate to that.