PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination - advice needed

holungchun
2nd Jun 2002, 12:45
I am a gay Kiwi helicopter pilot and proud of it. In my job applications I make no secret of what I am, problem is no-one wants to hire me. I think I am being discriminated against. Should I keep quiet about being a Kiwi?

SASless
2nd Jun 2002, 13:45
Just make sure you tell yer Mum that you play piano in a brothel....if she ever finds out you are a helicopter pilot , it will break her heart!

Dave Jackson
2nd Jun 2002, 19:26
holungchun,

To stop the prejudice, you might consider changing your citizenship to Antarctican and your hobby to tri-sexuality.

It these fail, then the following may help you prepare a Long Term Solution (http://www.UniCopter.com/Temporary/Suicide.html)

Flare Dammit!
2nd Jun 2002, 19:29
Discrimination? Listen mate, I have the choice of hiring whichever bloke I see fit. There is no law stating that I have to hire you simply because you say you're gay. It's still my choice. And if it comes down to a choice between two pilots of similar qualifications, and one of them happens to be gay, would you sue me for selecting the one whose sexuality I am not aware of?

Just keep your sexuality to yourself. Believe me Mary, if you're like all the other militant gays out there, it'll become obvious soon enough. Then if I fire you for being gay - well, you can sue me then.

Captain Stable
2nd Jun 2002, 21:31
chun, whatever you people choose to be in your spare time is entirely up to you. I've met people from all walks of life in my time. That you happen to be a Kiwi is no business of mine. I'm not prejudiced in the least. Just remember that the bible quite clearly fails to state that Kiwis will be welcome in the Kingdom of Heaven. All god-fearing christians know that to be a Kiwi is an invitatation to have your private member cut off and cast into the fire. So drop him a line and let him know, ok?

I hear there are moves afoot to allow Kiwis to adopt normal children. I think it's disgusting. Next thing you know they'll be playing rugby, and beating the Lions.... where will it all end?

Oh well - could be worse. You could be a Tassie... :eek:

ShyTorque
2nd Jun 2002, 22:55
Can we just be sure of one thing - this Kiwi thing doesn't involve anything to do with sheep, does it?

:)

John Eacott
3rd Jun 2002, 02:10
I have bad news for all K1W1's. I hear the price of lamb is to go up $10 an hour :p

sprocket
3rd Jun 2002, 10:56
Struth Dave lets not over do it mate. We have a standard to keep here in the Antarctic as well. :eek:

Hone22
3rd Jun 2002, 15:46
Waitaminute!!!

Is this the same ho-lung-I'm-the-guru-ask-me-all-the-questions-chun??

YOU Still havent answered my last questions Mate!!!:D :D

Us Kiwis dont mind ya being another Kiwi pilot. That gay bit though is a toughie.

Worked with heaps of gay people during my navy days and ya gotta remember. If you're one of the flounce about, very feminine jobbies ---- you will wind up the rednecks (same if you were black/paki/ghoul/hippie/whatever different ).

Most people dont give a fig if you don't come on OTT.

Don't feel you gotta shout out you're gay.............. I DON'T CARE.

Dave Jackson
3rd Jun 2002, 18:22
Sorry sprocket for treating Antarticans so coldly.

Perhaps holungchun should just get into the tri-sexuality. They say that once you 'tri-it' you never go back.

At $10.00 an hour John Eacott must be frequenting the upscale part of town.

I used to use the tri-sexual line on girls in singles bars but they tended to get very sheepish.

Hoverman
3rd Jun 2002, 23:29
Helidrvr
The post was cleverly written and amusing, whoever posted it. :rolleyes:
I think we all realised Heliport is Moderator i/c humour on the forum. Trying to explain irony to our American friends can soemtimes be difficult. Don't worry, I'm sure you've got lots of talents hidden away there somewhere - internet pyramid selling? :p

BTW, what did you mean you weren't "particularly" interested when gays came on to you? We're all friends here, you can tell us in confidence! ;)

Thomas coupling
4th Jun 2002, 00:14
Whoflung dung: I wasn't aware KIWI's were homosexual? I read in the grocery store they were asexual (spelling)?

They're full of vitamin C though which is more than I can say for oblate spheroids....:confused:

Buitenzorg
4th Jun 2002, 05:51
Sheepish? Just the thing for our intipodean friend ho then! :D

nomdeplume
4th Jun 2002, 16:31
Oh dear, Helidrvr. :rolleyes:
Shame you didn't take Hoverman's advice. ;)