PDA

View Full Version : Bear hunting....UK version

Krystal n chips
16th Dec 2014, 07:36
The complainants do have a valid point.....having to suffer any song by Andy Williams, and the one mentioned in this instance in particular, would be quite unbearable really.....

BBC News - Shefford cafe's singing polar bear probed over noise (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-30475642)

Probing a polar bear however.....

pigboat
16th Dec 2014, 13:26
Publish the name of the [email protected] making the complaint. The problem would then solve itself.

Exascot
16th Dec 2014, 13:56
The complainant's name is Bernard. He is jolly cold out there.

er340790
16th Dec 2014, 15:19
I've seen the real ones stand 12' tall on their hind legs... but never seen one sing yet! Yet another case for the Advertising Standards Commission, I fear!

Years back, there was a pub called the Frog & Parrot in that area. It had a gigantic parrot in a massive bird-cage.

As students, we would spend half the evening trying to get it to repeat profanities... it actually had over a dozen phrases. My personal favorite was: "Schreeech... F*ck off, you C*nt!"

Of course, person or persons unknown (your honour) used to feed it purple nasties by dipping bread rolls into their drinks and feeding it. Eventually all its feathers fell out and it was sent to animal rehab to dry out. Sadly its language was never quite as colorful when it came back!!!

Memories! :ugh:

11Fan
16th Dec 2014, 17:47
Word on the street is that the bear swings both ways.

He's apparently bi-polar.

I'll show myself out.

MagnusP
16th Dec 2014, 18:38
11Fan, don't let the door hit your ass . . . :ok:

pigboat
16th Dec 2014, 20:08
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs6TGReiFLhZBye1OkTdaUdorGpvbv6U8tP2nP_zx 5c92wsnhm

Bi-polar bear or a bi-polar penguin, take yer pick.

340790 there used to be a Mynah bird in a pub - the name of which has been lost in alcoholic haze - on the way in from the airport in Hamilton Ontario. This thing had an amazing vocabulary, done in the accent of whomever he'd picked up the words from. It would cough and wheeze, then come out with stuff like "C'mon Joe, let's go home now.." The first time I heard it, I actually looked around for the lady who was talking.