PDA

View Full Version : Get out clause...

voodoo77
2nd Jun 2002, 08:50
I am wondering if anybody can help:

Once fully trained as a RN pilot, if I wanted to leave would I have to give the minimum return of service of 5 years or is there any other way out?

ShyTorque
2nd Jun 2002, 09:02
:D Tell 'em you're heterosexual :D

AllTrimDoubt
2nd Jun 2002, 12:04
...or even e-mail me with your real name and I'll save you the bother by arranging an early exit BEFORE you waste any more (of our) time and effort.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

difar69
2nd Jun 2002, 12:18
:D A pencil up each nostril and your pants on your head might be a good start.:D

high spirits
2nd Jun 2002, 15:49
No way out voodoo- except doing time at Her Majestys Pleasure. Although I don't blame you if you are currently working for AllTrimDoubt..... he sounds like a vicious little bubbler to me!

AllTrimDoubt
2nd Jun 2002, 16:10
Not so High Spirits - all in favour of expending as much effort as required for the right people, but if I can save mates in the front line the effort of having to cover for someone whose motivation is suspect, then those who fail to heed the warning at an earlier stage do so at their own peril!

high spirits
2nd Jun 2002, 19:25
ATO,
It should come as no surprise when someones motivation suffers during the yonks of training and holding posts...my motivation suffered at times, didn't make me disloyal to the Service. I agree that he should get out now (pre-wings) if he doesn't want to stay in, but then the RN may not be the same RN he thought he was joining (ie one with Sea Harriers/working helos). There are always reasons why.

AllTrimDoubt
2nd Jun 2002, 22:39
HS

Agree - it's a long road to the frontline, holds are too long and the goal posts seem to change daily. But by and large the FAA retains its character and I would hope anyone with doubts feels secure enough within that system to seek advice or counsel from those in a position to offer it.

Unfortunately, I have seen a few cases of sheer lack of committment/motivation that I would have hoped the AIB or BRNC would have prevented from clogging the pipeline - just as earlier stages of flying training should prevent these people from wasting the time of OCUs and ultimately those doing the real job.

Finger off PTT!

PTT
2nd Jun 2002, 23:16
Finger off PTT!

:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

AllTrimDoubt
3rd Jun 2002, 13:52
Oops! Sorry mate! (Just as well I didn't "extract digit"!)

jockspice
4th Jun 2002, 16:42
Have to agree with AllTrimDoubt. If you want to go, go now and don't take up the space, time and training wedge for someone who wants to do the job.
Honestly, young(er) people today..............:rolleyes:

solotk
4th Jun 2002, 17:34
You're having the laugh and a half right VooDoo?

I may have got this terribly wrong, but what you seem to be saying is....

"I intend to join, generate a lot of wokka hours towards my CPL(H), because I can't afford to do them in any other way, then leave,. I'm not interested in a career, just in the freebie flying"

Hmmmmm

I'll go easy if that is the case.. DON'T JOIN. Let the seat go, to someone who is willing to put his **** on the line, to extract me and my mates when it all goes t1ts, or is willing to go that bit further to drop us right on the money. I'd hate to be the crew that have to fly with you, with that attitude, and I sure as hell, do not want to risk my skin, with a driver that hasn't got the best interests of the service, his crew and the self-loading at the forefront of his mind.

Tony :mad:
If I have got it wrong, then I of course apologise unreservedley

AllTrimDoubt
7th Jun 2002, 11:29
Voodoo77 -

I note you have not acknowledged any of the advice or comments your original post generated, particularly the forthright and entirely correct viewpoint from Solotk.

Over to you!
;)

Alibi
8th Jun 2002, 11:07
Give an anonymous call to the drugs squad that someone on your squadron is taking illegal drugs.

When the Compulsory Drugs Testing team show up on your squadron simply refuse to give a urine sample.

Hey presto here comes civvy street!

solotk
8th Jun 2002, 11:29
Hey Presto,

Civvy street via a holiday in Colchester-on-sea, not to mention the dishonourable discharge, which of course will play merry hell with your references :D

Lucifer
8th Jun 2002, 18:40
I cannot see solid intention either way in the original post - ie staying or wasting the system's time. Perhaps this is just someone who wants to know exactly what he is getting himself or herself into and won't sign the dotted line until he or she knows all the options IF and only IF it turns out for the worse - I certainly wouldn't sign a thing without knowing what the get out clause is, even if it is my dream job. I notice a straight answer to the question has not yet been posted.