PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play .... Is Your Dinner a Winner??!!

Plank Cap
13th Dec 2014, 08:55
With apologies to our non-EK colleagues, here's a special new game from your favourite Dubai based airline............. Yes, it's the exciting, all new "Is Your Dinner a Winner??".

This game can be played by nearly 4000 flight deck crew and 18000+ cabin crew. The rules are simple and the prizes fantastic. First to correctly guess the meal shown below wins an all expenses paid dinner for two on a flight of your choice (limited to report time 2300-0400L). For a bonus prize, whoever correctly names the city pair sector on which this healthy, tasty, halal, kosher and beautifully presented culinary delight was consumed (yes, seriously :yuk:...) gets an unlimited supply of company catering for the rest of their flying career ....... What could be better than that....!?

Additionally, the lucky winner gets to take over the next round of the game, by posting a photo of their very own ravishing inflight meal. To get the ball rolling I wish to offer just one clue as to the identity of what you see below ...... despite the time of year and uncanny resemblance, it is definitely NOT roast turkey with all the trimmings.

OK here we go folks, answers below please ..... Is Your Dinner a Winner??!!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e172/ruplaw/IMG_0141_zps6cb1bb4e.jpg (http://s39.photobucket.com/user/ruplaw/media/IMG_0141_zps6cb1bb4e.jpg.html)

Capetonian
13th Dec 2014, 08:59
Hmmm ...... cat puke pie?

Fart Master
13th Dec 2014, 09:03
Brilliant!!!

It looks like the pooh my dog makes just after he's been wormed...

gardenshed
13th Dec 2014, 10:30
Easy it's regurgitated pavement pizza, scraped off the streets of any UK city after a Friday or Saturday night.

t_cas
13th Dec 2014, 11:01
Beef sproginoff on the Hungry sector......

my salami
13th Dec 2014, 11:28
Fettuccini "Bolognaise"Masala...
Sector: MXP-DXB

puff m'call
13th Dec 2014, 12:12
Sh1t with sugar on top?

GA Button
13th Dec 2014, 12:25
Standard 330 meal - because constant late/earlies are not punishment enough....

Mach_Krit
13th Dec 2014, 12:43
It looks like my cats puke...pressed and shaped. Do i win?please no:uhoh:

Mister Warning
13th Dec 2014, 13:35
Second prize - 2 dinners for 2.......

Plank Cap
13th Dec 2014, 15:59
Ladies and Gents,

Well, some very inspired answers to this week's 'Is Your Dinner a Winner?', especially those of you who suggested it may have come from the south end of a north facing cat or dog.

But no, despite any resemblance to the contrary, I have to congratulate our colleague 't_cas' above, for correctly suggesting it may have once allegedly been related to beef stroganoff (not quite what he said, but close enough). This was indeed the name on the label.

However, for maximum points the sector city pair has yet to be identified.

Unfortunately, despite correctly guessing our first culinary delight on 'Is Your Dinner a Winner?', I cannot award any points to Mr or Mrs t_cas, on account of him or her possibly being related to another famous company TCAS, who perhaps has insider knowledge of our catering standards, and therefore disqualifies himself through association. Sorry about that, but those are the new rules. (A bit like a Gulf airline contract, these things can and do randomly change.)

May I kindly request that someone else now takes over the mantle, and posts the next round of your favourite new game............ Is Your Dinner a Winner???!!!!!

Thanks to our very own catering department, without whose participation this game just wouldn't be possible.

Happy dining to one and all, and remember, as is evidenced by what they feed you, your company loves you........

Plank Cap

k grind
13th Dec 2014, 18:15
This is, without a doubt, the best thread I've read in a long time. I do hope it continues...

givemewings
14th Dec 2014, 11:13
Oh geeze, this is gold. Can we have a hint on the airline at least? It's going to be pretty hard to pick the city pair otherwise...

clearedfortaxi
14th Dec 2014, 12:20
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ig860b1vfe6jo2y/Photo%2005-11-2013%2021%2010%2020.jpg?dl=0https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2F s%2Fig860b1vfe6jo2y%2FPhoto+05-11-2013+21+10+20.jpg%3Fdl%3D0

777boyindubai
14th Dec 2014, 12:46
With apologies to our non-EK colleagues, here's a special new game from your favourite Dubai based airline..

Hope Emirates Flight Catering are proud. Let's hope we get rid of another useless VP or above. RP would be my choice....

The Turtle
14th Dec 2014, 13:52
I'm sorry but I find this picture "commercially sensitive".......

C_Star
14th Dec 2014, 20:17
At least you guys get hot meals on board... Still beats my mob's crappy sandwiches :E

Capetonian
14th Dec 2014, 20:27
Virgin: the world's best passenger complaint letter? - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/4344890/Virgin-the-worlds-best-passenger-complaint-letter.html)

You have probably seen this as it did the rounds a couple of years ago, but it is quite appropriate here.

crewmeal
15th Dec 2014, 05:47
Award winning food? Award winning food? Award winning food? What award?

Mr Charles said that Virgin was sorry the passenger had not liked the in-flight meals which he said was “award-winning food which is very popular on our Indian routes.”

What's the recipe? Do ASDA stock the ingredients?

Re photo - Did Dubai Customs seize that meal, test it and use it in the latest series of Ultimate Dubai Airport?

pbchk
16th Dec 2014, 10:21
any new quiz?

TransitCheck
16th Dec 2014, 11:33
I like the quiz idea.....time to start taking pics :)

Plank Cap
16th Dec 2014, 11:37
Folks thanks for the encouragement and request for a further round. Truth is after actually consuming the contents Round One I am still recovering from the after effects. As and when I get back on the line I am sure our illustrious catering department will have done their best to provide us with the next mix of ingredients for Round Two.

Despite any health concerns it obviously behoves me to carry on with our highly scientific taste testing, all in the name of "Is Your Dinner a Winner".......

Bon Appetite....:ok:

Plank Cap

scandistralian
16th Dec 2014, 16:29
Had the mystery curry on the freighter from Dakar recently, following some violent encounters with the third kind, my wife promptly suggested a visit to the vet.

Great thread Plank... :ok: