PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Eye?

okinawascubadiver
2nd Jun 2002, 05:25
I am wondering what I can do, if anything, to correct lazy eye (I am 24 years old). I have also heard the name myopia, and I am not sure if it is the same thing. I have perfect vision in one eye, and less than perfect in my right eye (20/70 ?) I cannot correct it with lenses, at least the 4 eye doctors I went to could not fix it with them. I have glasses that make letters bigger, and I was able to pass a 3rd class, but I think that is about all I can get. I have always wanted to be a commercial pilot, and would still love to be, if I could get past this hump.

I have even thought I may be able to get a SODA, or something to prove I can still see, even with one eye.

Any guidance would be greatly apreciated, Thanks

magpie
3rd Jun 2002, 18:42
I believe myopia is short sightedness.

I also have 'lazy eye', which is known as amblyopia. It has always been believed that amblyopia could not be corrected after the age of about eight. However a company called neuro-vision (www.neuro-vision.com) are currently conducting trials in Israel and the USA for a non-invasive treatment (using an IT programme, I think) and are claiming high success rates. Recently, their website has been offering no information but it previously talked about being ready by the middle of the year.

We shall have to wait and see!