PDA

View Full Version : Pilot's row over speaking English in cockpit of HK Express flight 'destroyed career'

Soul planet
11th Dec 2014, 11:41
Pilot's row over speaking English in cockpit of HK Express flight 'destroyed career' | South China Morning Post (http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1653312/pilot-recalls-ouster-budget-airline-hk-express?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=outbrain&utm_campaign=OutbrainCampaign-Generic-Desktop)

:eek:

Dash8driver1312
11th Dec 2014, 11:50
Very badly-written and unclear article.

And sad to say, office politics still play a big part in these situations.

Pretty sure I have a licence that has an annual renewal too...

bridgeport
12th Dec 2014, 15:26
Not sure that rocking into your manager's office and telling him you want to kill yourself, is the best way to get back on the roster.

But it sounds like the situation was badly handled by everyone.

At least CX has the safety valve of 5 sicknesses. So you can avoid the people you don't want to fly with, and thus avoid a cockpit confrontation like this one.

drfaust
13th Dec 2014, 00:38
The captain threw the clipboard at him. Must have been a jolly bunch. :}

bridgeport
13th Dec 2014, 08:18
Apparently, there is an airbus checker that throws a tantrum if you write on the front page of the CFP, or tick the notams..etc. ?.

Cathay is not immune to letting theses kinds of idiots through the door.

Frogman1484
13th Dec 2014, 08:35
Thank God the bipolar Irishman has left! :D:ok::):}

Hedo Rick
13th Dec 2014, 11:35
The Bipolar Leprechaun! :ok:

He had a complete dummy spit melt down one night when he got up to take a piss and I said "My radios" (throw back admittedly from an old company).

He got back "This is my effing aircraft my radios - they're not you're effing radios" .... breathing fire and looking down his nose at me.

The seat went back I grabbed Part A and It was a single pilot operation until he saw the errors in his ways.

To be sure to be sure you miserable git :ugh:

drfaust
13th Dec 2014, 14:29
Are you being serious? It must be me but when I go to work I want to get in there, do the job, collect my money, hopefully crack a few jokes with my colleagues and bugger off home. Does it really matter what you say when someone is going to the loo?

CodyBlade
13th Dec 2014, 15:58
Yikes what will happen if I say "I have control"?

lucille
13th Dec 2014, 17:24
I think the article is a spoof. Eddie Eagles?.. Eddie the Eagle? Or perhaps life imitating art?

No one in their right mind mind would get upset about a couple of guys having a personal conversation in the cockpit.

Good grief, just pull out this weeks edition of Flight International or Hustler and start thumbing through the pages until everyone is ready to work.

How difficult can that be?

bridgeport
15th Dec 2014, 07:29
Maybe the guy wasn't in his right mind.

You can't say that 100% of the people in aviation in are perfect examples of mental stability.
Checkers throwing tantrums because some guy underlined a notam is a perfect example of that.

Add to that some stressful personal circumstances. Bad sleep, getting screwed by the roster... and its surprising it doesn't happen more often.

RusCo
15th Dec 2014, 09:52
I am SURE there is more to the story than "speak english".

I have been at CX and in this industry (26 years), long enough to know that people dont get fired or fail commands for a single isolated incident.

As my grandma used to say " there are always 3 sides to every story, your side, my side, and the truth".