PDA

View Full Version : UK Income Tax Personal Allowances for Non Residents

777boyo
10th Dec 2014, 08:39
For those of you expat Brits who may have been aware of the Treasury's proposal to withdraw Non Residents Income Tax Personal Allowances, some good news. Daily Telegraph are reporting that following consultations on the subject, the Chancellor announced in his Autumn Statement last week that they have decided not to proceed, so we get to keep the Personal Allowances - for the moment, anyway :D.

Link to the article - Expats will keep their tax break - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/expat-money/11272572/Expats-will-keep-their-tax-break.html)

Maybe Staff Travel could learn from this and implement a Consultation process.......

7B

Capetonian
10th Dec 2014, 08:55
Of course, it's coming up to election time, they're going to curry favour wherever they can, although I would imagine many NRs are not voters.

ZFT
10th Dec 2014, 09:20
Aren't all non residents non voters?

Capetonian
10th Dec 2014, 10:41
Aren't all non residents non voters? I don't know, maybe someone does. I thought that somewhere I'd heard that you retain the right to vote until you've been out of the UK for 15 years or state that you have no intention of returning.

Enos
10th Dec 2014, 15:22
Because its not been changed now, I'm told by the guys at Mondial they can't change it until April 2017.

Suppressing it wasn't taken away.