PDA

View Full Version : VOR HOLDING WISHY WASHY RECRUITER

Whitaker
10th Dec 2014, 00:19
I have just had awful experience with VOR HOLDING RECRUITER.

Upon my arrival to Orlando I was greeted by Alex Adasilva the official recruiter for VOR, who explained us in a 3 hours workshop how lifestyle was all about in China. Later on he went into the details of how to carry out the simulator and interview in China.

Very sympathetic and showing that we were much needed for Tianjin Airlines, the so called Flight Instructor for this company (A poor manner Chinese pilot) was in charge of the Sim check.

Very poor English knowledge, he only demanded us to perform a landing with severe crosswind and turbulence and an engine fail.

The whole procedure in the sim was only 40 min, and to my surprise, once finished, he told me I was a dangerous pilot for my incorrect holding of the sidestick.....?????? After flying the bus for over 4000 hours I just find out there is a protocol towards the sidestick?????

Afterwise, Mr Adasilva who was supposed to be in charge, did not give me any feedback whatsoever and I did not hear anything else from Vor Holding ever since.

This is a warning comments to all my fellow pilots who might think that China recruiters are a serious companies!

Feedbacks and comments regarding this issue are more than welcome as I still don't get the whole deal for asian airlines requirements!!!

Thanks to all!!!

Black Crow
12th Dec 2014, 01:26
You just got a small taste of the culture and how they conduct training.

If you are lucky you will never hear back from them. Just take this as a fair warning.

eaglesnest1972
12th Dec 2014, 02:23
Welcome to Asia mate, the land of the brave...
"la creme" of pilots comes from here, didn't you know that? :}

Stay away mate, good luck.

Fokkeneejit
21st Dec 2014, 03:03
Why not try Hainan Airlines. They recruit directly, with no Agency to complicate your life.If you want an agent, use a good one and not a devious one.