PDA

View Full Version : Airline Salary Calculation

MD83FO
9th Dec 2014, 20:36
I would like to gather info on how your company calculates your salary vs What you belive to be the fairest way to calculate it, duty, sectors, block, etc.

Thanks a lot

galwaypilot
10th Dec 2014, 05:07
Well in my opinion it depends on the airline but either way. What we think as employees and what an airline boss thinks will always be two different things. I believe in a duty/sector combo combined with a salary. I know of a few airlines who'd massively disagree!

stiglet
10th Dec 2014, 08:35
It depends; your basic covers your position and in addition:
- if you feel it's appropriate for the company to cover out of pocket expenses down route then it's duty pay from the time you report to the time you return
- if you feel pay for your hard work is approprate then productivity pay in the form of sector pay is best
- or a combination of both

My company uses the basic + sector pay and I'm satisfied with that. There's also an extra payment for such things as nightstops.

cavortingcheetah
10th Dec 2014, 10:51
Overpaid, just plain overpaid!

Aircraft pilots and engineers are UK's highest paid workers | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2854225/Aircraft-pilots-engineers-UK-s-highest-paid-workers-average-salaries-90-410-chief-executives-medical-practitioners.html)

CaptainProp
10th Dec 2014, 11:51
High basic and lower extras such as flight pay / sector pay / per diem etc. This type of contract gives income stability for us as employees over periods of less flying or if we are off sick. Pension is also calculated on basic pay in most contracts. Less than 10% of my income is variable and I think it's great.

Doors to Automatic
10th Dec 2014, 15:47
What aircraft type is the second cockpit photo in the DM article?

C_Star
10th Dec 2014, 15:54
Did you mean the Dash, or the control tower? :}

Doors to Automatic
21st Dec 2014, 12:32
The second cockpit photo (third overall photo) :ok:

captplaystation
21st Dec 2014, 12:49
Easy, come to a rational decision about what would be fair payment, then offer/insist on paying 60-70% (if you are lucky ! ) of it.

Man Maths by airline managers. . . simples :D

bazilbutler
21st Dec 2014, 13:12
It's a Dash 8 :) (100/200/300)
There are none left on the UK register now.
The last respectable company that operated them paid perhaps half the figure quoted but I bet no one actually felt they did a days "work" on the thing anyway.