PDA

View Full Version : the Swan Lavenham

waco
9th Dec 2014, 14:02
Mrs Waco and I are planning a little R&R at the Swan in Lavenham.

Nice break for her...... chance for me to tour some old airfields !

Alas our megre funds can only run to 1 night at the Swan. Just wondered if
anyone knows of another establishment in the area ( with an aeronautical connection ), where we could go for a second night ?

All thoughts appreciated.

Private jet
10th Dec 2014, 11:40
Don't know what you mean by "aeronautical connection" but you could try The Bull in Long Melford. Very "Olde worlde" and probably less pricey than The Swan.

olympus
10th Dec 2014, 20:34
If you are thinking of Long Melford then I would recommend The Crown Inn in preference to The Bull. Comfortable rooms and the food is much better than The Bull (imho). (Stayed at The Crown several times when visiting the area house-hunting).

Halcyon Days
11th Dec 2014, 13:47
The Crown at Cavendish -5 or 6 miles down the road -are doing some very good Winter deals.
We stayed there last year and are doing the same early next year with a group of friends. (only 5 bedrooms -but very nice )
A nights b and B plus 3 course a la carte dinner for £99 (for two people).
Very good food and oldy worldy etc. Stayed at the Swan a few years back and was a little disappointed considering the price. Hard to beat the village at Lavenham though with its picture postcard houses etc??

T-21
13th Dec 2014, 23:44
The Mill Hotel in Sudbury is very nice with good food and nice base to explore the area. I took my late wife there for Christmas last year.

waco
16th Dec 2014, 13:45
Thanks for taking the time to reply ! Appreciated !