PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Qantas plane turned back after light goes off in cabin

p.j.m
9th Dec 2014, 09:52
Fourth Qantas plane turned back after light goes off in cabin (http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation/fourth-qantas-plane-turned-back-after-light-goes-off-in-cabin-20141209-123o7z.html)

A Qantas flight has been forced to turn around shortly after taking off from Hobart, making it the fourth aircraft to be diverted by the carrier in 48 hours.

Nothing to worry about folks, Joycie got it all under control. He keeps telling us so! Mere blip on the horizon, not a trend.

However Qantas boss Alan Joyce has shrugged off the string of air troubles (http://media.smh.com.au/national/selections/turnbacks-happen-all-the-time-joyce-6072901.html), insisting that turn-backs happen "all the time".

Can't argue with that.

ACMS
9th Dec 2014, 10:02
What that thing?

That's not operated by Qantas.

IsDon
9th Dec 2014, 10:14
I would have thought that a light going ON would have been more of an issue:rolleyes:

Seriously. Is this what passes for journalism these days? Maybe it was just the work experience kid filling in time between Facebook updates.

maverick22
9th Dec 2014, 10:29
More Fairfax HooHaa :p

ACMS
9th Dec 2014, 11:58
Yep, as time goes by the standard of Aviation journalism in Australia just gets worse and worse...........

Sunfish
9th Dec 2014, 18:09
This is the normal way failure to invest sufficient resources in maintenance and overhaul presents itself - a continuing string of unrelated failures gradually increasing in frequency.

It takes a while for an honest investigator to determine the cause and it is almost impossible to reduce the failure rates without an almost infinite investment in maintenance.

Village Idiot1
9th Dec 2014, 18:40
The fourth one has more to do with QF not wanting engineers at ports so the decision is simple, continue and ground the aircraft for hours or turn around and have it rectified.

Turkeyslapper
9th Dec 2014, 19:55
What about the Virgin ATR that has been sitting on the ground at YGLA for the last day or so?? Returned to land with an engine shutdown (don't know why).

Not newsworthy because its not Qantas?

nig&nog
9th Dec 2014, 19:59
It's looks to me that qantas must have sacked their PR person while Virgin have a better one to keep things quiet.

Capt Claret
9th Dec 2014, 21:20
I think the Village Idiot must've been there.

Capt Claret
9th Dec 2014, 22:08
Lucky the Qantas Plane had a mind of its own, otherwise the stupid pilots would still be up there! :eek:

The Qantas plane decided to turn back 20 minutes into a flight...

p.j.m
9th Dec 2014, 22:14
I would have thought that a light going ON would have been more of an issue:rolleyes:

I think I'll trust the pilot's judgement on that one :)

Ex FSO GRIFFO
9th Dec 2014, 22:26
Hey Clarrie,

"I wonder wot its doing now"..????
Comes to mind.......

Cheers:ok:

Capt Claret
9th Dec 2014, 22:28
Almost Griffo, more like WTFIDN! :p

bazza stub
9th Dec 2014, 23:23
Brave to fly a DC9 anyway. Do those things have lights?

0tto
9th Dec 2014, 23:43
Who cares?!? :zzz: