PDA

View Full Version : In the news (CX)

SMOC
8th Dec 2014, 22:50
Seth Rogen blasts airline on Twitter | News.com.au (http://mobile.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/seth-rogen-blasts-airline-on-twitter/story-e6frfq80-1227149331713)

Australia

Here?s why Seth Rogen thinks Cathay Pacific is a terrible airline - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2014/12/08/heres-why-seth-rogan-thinks-cathay-pacific-is-a-terrible-airline/)

United States

Hollywood star Seth Rogen slams Cathay Pacific service in Twitter tirade | South China Morning Post (http://m.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1658016/hollywood-star-seth-rogen-twitter-tirade-against-cathay)

South China morning post.

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/541875624332509185&ct=ga&cd=CAEYACoTNjU3Mzg4MDIxOTQ5MDM3NTYxMDIaYWMzY2IyMDE2NDVhOTk4M zpjb206ZW46VVM&usg=AFQjCNE9mg1LCyJ2N3LrWUAG-RHCGo-qwg

Twitter with 2.3M followers.

Frogman1484
9th Dec 2014, 01:19
Maybe the dog did not have the correct import papers.
Its not the airlines responsability to make sure you pre arrange the paper work.

Lowkoon
9th Dec 2014, 03:36
Might be one for IT. Let people know they cant take their dog unless it has the correct paperwork for the country they intend to travel to, and their responsibility.

They have obviously turned up to the counter stressed, and tried to blame CX for enforcing Quarantine and immigration rules that are obviously out of the airlines hands.

CX aren't blameless, obviously they should have been more forthcoming with the information at the time of booking, but while KA house still runs windows 95 on its training aids, I am not holding my breath that CX IT will do anything about it, they have already put our staff travel fix back to 2016 at the earliest, obviously they cant find the freeware to get it sorted. Its an impressive time span, I would imagine in the time they have allotted to fix the problem, someone fresh from school could learn how to code and fix it quicker, but of course nothing will be done, and the responsible managers will be incensed if questioned about it. Interestingly this was highlighted in the last staff survey, but that will be ignored too!

Frogman1484
9th Dec 2014, 03:41
Maybe one for IT....I'm still cleaning the coffee of my screen after reading that!

Thank you for making my day!:D:ok:

Fly747
9th Dec 2014, 04:13
It seems to have been because of the type of dog which is one of the world's more daft and sensitive breeds:

“Cathay requires all passengers to have the correct health certificates and travel permits for pets,” the paper reported. “However, the airline does not allow a number of breeds of dog to fly either in the cabin or cargo hold, including Cavalier King Charles spaniels – which is believed to be the breed of the Rogen’s dog.”

Maid Day
9th Dec 2014, 04:19
Read the comments to the article on the SCMP website article, simply horrible. Imagine if racial posts were made regarding HK people? Comments made such as "white, Jewish, & Canadian." Sad times for some HK people.

goathead
9th Dec 2014, 06:30
HUGE F##K UP :D
What I think we should do as pilots is buy Seth and his Mrs and the Dog
A full fare First class Ticket to HK and put a RED Lanyard around his famous head ! Whats that fundraising site again ?

Hugo Peroni the IV
9th Dec 2014, 06:47
Travelling with Pets | Baggage - Cathay Pacific Hong Kong (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/baggage/check-in-baggage/pets.html)

It doesn't take much to see whether you can take your dog! Maybe Seth and his Mrs think the rules only apply to other people.

VR-HFX
9th Dec 2014, 07:28
Sounds like a kindred spirit with Liam Gallagher..he who went off his nut on a flight to Perth some years back. Probably a wise move not to sell him a ticket next time. AS far as I am concerned, the "entitled" generation can take their business elsewhere or start their own airline if they feel that the rules don't apply to them. Could have been worse I suppose. His precious King Charles could have thrown a hissy fit in the hold and been found DOA at CLK.

ACMS
9th Dec 2014, 07:35
CX have apologized to him and promised to improve their communication.

He has accepted their apology so now hopefully his crazy silly unnecessary rants will finish.

Lowkoon
9th Dec 2014, 07:47
And we all know the value of a good old Swires CX Promise! From "We don't sell opium to the Chinese" to "There is no money in freight" :ok:

CX communication skills are without question about to skyrocket! You have all been enrolled in a learnersworld communication course to be completed before Christmas eve. Non compliance will result in being stood down pending disciplinary action, just one small hickup, CX IT are working on uploading it right now, estimated completion date 2025. :}

DDDOF
9th Dec 2014, 08:32
CX IT dept doesn't know what Twitter is, they haven't caught up to that decade yet.
However if he would have Yammer'd it then they might have gotten back to him sooner!!!

ACMS
9th Dec 2014, 08:35
Listen we all can rightly bag out IT department but I'm sorry to say that CX does use Facebook and Twitter quite effectively.

Hugo Peroni the IV
9th Dec 2014, 08:35
wtf's Yammer?

Soul planet
9th Dec 2014, 08:49
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/stewart.gif

Haha! Too late!
Guess who has more fans/followers? Hollywood or harbor LCC?

Xulu
9th Dec 2014, 08:55
So the wife put more importance in having her dog travel alongside than actually attending the funeral...

That's Hollywood

RusCo
9th Dec 2014, 09:54
Seth Rogan...

What a ******. Leave the dog at home with one of his million helpers, or was the dog invited to the funeral also?

bridgeport
9th Dec 2014, 16:42
You know how much a dog costs of travel ?. Last I heard it was pretty close to a business class ticket.
Wtih this in mind, Cathay should have a fairly idiotproof way of making sure reservations get across the message that the proper paperwork must be in place.

There is a good chance that Seth is a complete tool. But cathay should be used to dealing with people like that, esp high profile ones. Lest they let loose their twitter-troll ant-army.

Cathay IT is pretty bad. We all know that.
I have probably spent hours staring at my computer, while it tells me it is....
"Waiting for iconect.cathaypacific.com"

If anyone could be bothered, their system could probably be brought down in a DoS attack by the DBIS primary 3 computer class.

Average Fool
9th Dec 2014, 19:37
Real actors take a private jet.

Liam Gallagher
9th Dec 2014, 21:02
Did someone mention my name?:)

N1 Vibes
10th Dec 2014, 08:18
The emotional damage to the dog alone must worth 10x first-class returns to HKG?!

Soul planet
10th Dec 2014, 11:40
Bottom line is, Seth is NEVER taking cathay again and I am sure he will be relaying the message across hollywood. So suck it up and stop crying! Its not our pilot reputation.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/d1/d15d6c36b5e2b87398df15de51258686d941cd320488218c92e5d4b2aefb a5f6.jpg

Yonosoy Marinero
10th Dec 2014, 12:58
You mean to tell me the station manager failed to wake up Canada's ambassador in NY to have him issue an emergency vaccination certificate for Mrs Rogen's dog so she could attend a funeral?

The outrage... :hmm:

It doesn't matter whose fault it is when one deals with these people. They carry so much clout through their social network that a business doesn't stand a chance at keeping the upper hand. All they have to do is throw a tantrum, quite befitting the spoiled divas they become. And the best you can hope to do is drown in your own river of apologies, hoping to ride it out until the mercifully short attention span of today's social media users turns to the next juicy scandal.

It is indeed saddening to hear that the poor lady couldn't attend a funeral because her scruffy mutt couldn't board. Screw the dead relative, who would want to leave their dog alone?

And if Rogen is what passes for a funny actor these days, it's no wonder Hollywood hasn't been able to shart a half decent comedy for years...

Kontract Killer
10th Dec 2014, 14:28
Just another 'celebratard' who feels entitlement, due the great unwashed worshipping everything they do.

Pathetic!

Will IB Fayed
11th Dec 2014, 23:09
Umm, why would a Cavvy not be allowed?
From the cx website:Please be informed that Cathay Pacific does not accept the following types of animals either as check-in baggage or cargo carriage:
Brachycephalic (snub-nosed, short snout or flat face) animals, including Brachycephalic dogs and cats

Why?

Max Reheat
11th Dec 2014, 23:14
Read the article Will, that tells you.

wheels up
11th Dec 2014, 23:28
Who the hell is Seth Rogen Josh anyway?

I don't care about him and his stupid wife and rat dog - nor should you...