PDA

View Full Version : Qantas cancels Fairfax ads and papers

dragon man
7th Dec 2014, 20:31
I believe that today's Australian reports that Qantas has cancelled all their advertising on Fairfax publications and that their newspapers won't be on board either. Can anyone confirm please?

Australopithecus
7th Dec 2014, 20:50
Worse than that...I heard that they are also going to investigate removing the left wing from every aircraft.:p

Seriously...I guess that's one way to try to ensure a sycophantic press. It will backfire.

lotsta
7th Dec 2014, 20:53
It's true. QF spending around a $1m per year with Fairfax but grumpy about continued criticism versus continued praise for VAH.

p.j.m
7th Dec 2014, 21:08
Seriously...I guess that's one way to try to ensure a sycophantic press. It will backfire.

Presumably it'll keep their passengers happy too.

Those still flying with them must be "dyed in the wool" supporters, so probably don't take kindly to their messiah airline constantly being held to account for all their faults.

dragon man
7th Dec 2014, 21:08
Sour grapes. Take your bat and crawl home with your tail between your legs. Good one. If the airline was managed properly he wouldn't have to worry about bad press. I wonder what he will do to Senator Xenophon?

spelling_nazi
7th Dec 2014, 21:47
Can't do anything to Sen X. From
what I understand he's one of the very few not in chairman's lounge .

Travels economy .

VH-Cheer Up
7th Dec 2014, 21:58
What do you call a regime that deletes any non-favourable references in the media?

Australopithecus
7th Dec 2014, 22:26
It has an inflated sense of self-Wirth? :confused:

Nulli Secundus
7th Dec 2014, 22:49
That's it, save a mill, reduce the offering to the customer and try to control the message by banning commentary.

Or, how about keep the service standards, boost your performance and see the commentary turn around.

spelling_nazi
7th Dec 2014, 23:01
Easier to silence dissent, employ more qantas angels to sew misinformation, and it's business as usual!

Australopithecus
7th Dec 2014, 23:36
Or none of any of it. Who cares about routine non-events? The world is full of humans making billions of mistakes daily. Report, if you are able, systemic safety failures. But this fender-bender crap is mere pandering to stupidity.

Australopithecus
8th Dec 2014, 00:00
Oh, I know. I wan't responding to you as much as commenting on the general state of play in Australian media. Its an embarrassment, really.

Getting back to the Fairfax thing: in a couple of Borghetti stroke pieces the writer took pains to compare him favourably to Joyce.

Has anyone hear heard the old aphorism "never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel"?

VH-Cheer Up
8th Dec 2014, 00:17
Perhaps Virgin is providing upgrades or other privileges to on-side journos?

The Green Goblin
8th Dec 2014, 00:42
It has an inflated sense of self wirth?

Howes that :)

Anti Skid On
8th Dec 2014, 00:52
What do you call a regime that deletes any non-favourable references in the media?

Here we would call it a National government

airtags
8th Dec 2014, 00:54
Maybe they are hoping for a Rupert led recovery....

I hear one Fairfax writer is about to release a new book that won't make the Coward Street bestseller list

:E

Fonz121
8th Dec 2014, 03:09
Juts enjoyed a lovely flight watching Sky news, followed by a Fox Sports panel show whilst given the choice of reading The Australian. Such diversity.

travelator
9th Dec 2014, 05:18
Just watched a report on ch7 dedicated to QANTAS recent multiple emergency landings including the catastrophic IFE failure with reporters on site for live crosses.

The report was followed by a "oh, and by the way a virgin aircraft had an engine failure and had to return to Gladstone."

Can understand Alan's frustration.

Qantas 787
9th Dec 2014, 06:12
They Sydney version of the same story didn't mention that - only mentioned the QF11 is 3.5 hours late and stated the delayed QF2 aircraft was operating the delayed Dallas service............except it is still in SYD and will operate the 11

What do they say, never let the truth get in the way.........