PDA

View Full Version : What's going on the the FR DE recruitment?

10checks
5th Dec 2014, 21:13
Hi guys, I like some are ex FR... I'm looking to get back in after leaving earlier this year. I'm starting to wonder if I'll be taken back (even though I did speak to the relevant people and they said there should be no reason why not) and B) Why hasn't anyone from the hold pool been given a start date? As months have passed and no one seemingly has heard anything.

All I'm looking for is an assessment and to see where it goes. I'm hearing they won't be starting DE FO's as they'll get what they need through the cadet scheme.

Any views or thoughts are appreciated. No negative comments like "Oh you should count yourself lucky they haven't been in contact". I get FR doesn't suit some people but it does others. Thank you!

compass360
6th Dec 2014, 08:35
If it suits you then why did you leave? You made a choice now you live with it. Perhaps you can lower the t&c even more by begging to come back at any cost.

BluSdUp
6th Dec 2014, 09:42
10checks.
You are hoping to return to Ryr? Can I ask if You did go to Norw, and why are You returning?
Did Ryr indicate what sort of deal they offer IF they take You back.
Right now all linetrainers are doing Cadets , sims are posibly full,,,etc.
As I can see it You need a full OCC and a quick linetraining, this cost a fortune.
Are You ready to pay this for the SECOND time,,,?
Ps : my guess is you get a call early Feb : You can start Yesterday...?

galwaypilot
6th Dec 2014, 12:53
Wow.... I'm wondering the same thing!

10checks
6th Dec 2014, 13:03
@ compass- me returning to the company wouldn't "lower" the T&C's for anyone as I'd be getting the T&C's that are in place already. Further more with a fleet size going to over 500 over the next 10 years, you'd find they'll be taking the likes of me (if not me) and many more on! So either way brace yourself for a massive influx of pilot numbers joining FR. As for the "if it suited you comment", well it's called experimenting! I tried something else. Instead of moaning hours on end in the cruise about FR. I decided I'd give something else a go. I was soon to realised that FR has it's positives. I'm happy to say no where is perfect. And the grass is not greener. I'd be happy to come back and spread a bit of positivity with the lesson I've learnt. But thanks for your "supportive" comments.

@Blu- No not in NAS and well either way joining from any airline you'd have to do an OCC. Joining on a FR contract as a rated pilot I believe they're offering a training bond. It's not a full type course so I wouldn't be paying it for a second time. I don't think with the training schedule being rammed I'll get a look in being honest. Either way I've a job so three months notice is required. It could be worse! The contract that I'm on is a good one. Just not mad about the airline itself. All promises before joining and no truth to it. :mad: happens, won't get too down about it.

captplaystation
6th Dec 2014, 16:52
I am beginning to wonder if the oft repeated story about OCC's for returnees was in fact just Ryanair "fishing " to gauge the response (perhaps for later when they really are hamstrung for applicants)

I know (at the moment) of no-one who has actually left the happy little red-nosed band, although many were credited with enquiring about the possibility AND receiving a positive reception.

Wonder if FR were just angling. . . . . .

Jwscud
6th Dec 2014, 17:17
As has been said elsewhere, and from speaking to friends, some who went to Jet2 got a nasty surprise over the treatment they got and are looking to be re-assimilated by the Borg.

galwaypilot
7th Dec 2014, 11:17
Captplay I totally agree, I'm in the same boat as 10checks and from what I hear, FR are only seeing what they can get if they were really stuck. I hope this isn't true. As well it means I'm in my current outfit for longer than I hoped!

Aluminium shuffler
7th Dec 2014, 14:05
My guess would be that they'd only take experienced FOs if they can't get enough cadets (unlikely) or if they lose lots of captains and need people they can promote relatively quickly. I suspect their motive in fishing was more to prove a point to those still in that leaving would result in heartache, using you folk as a lesson to others contemplating resignation. Not much help to you and now what you'd want to hear, but that is my cynical suspicion.

Callsign Kilo
7th Dec 2014, 18:01
Dive in guys. The new Azores base opens in April.

galwaypilot
7th Dec 2014, 19:29
Ah so they have issued start dates! Is that what you are saying Go around? Is this fact? I have only 1500hrs on type so that probably excludes me from getting an invite back even though I surpass their online stated requirements

calypso
8th Dec 2014, 11:19
I cannot help but wonder, sometimes, who is really behind these threads. Smoke and mirrors for the naive.

FRFO
8th Dec 2014, 12:23
GAF15,

mostly STN base offered

If RYR offer STN as a sweetener to direct entrants in preference to their existing pilots, then they shouldn't be surprised to find their staffing crisis goes nuclear when all their current workforce give their notice and move on elsewhere. It's happening already and this would push many, many more over the edge.

The recent DE ads mentioned 'exciting opportunities in Morroco, Poland and Greece'. Fair enough. If they offer the top postings to new boys instead of those with time served, then they'll need extra staff to process all the resignations.

galwaypilot
21st Dec 2014, 16:27
Any updates guys?

tangozero
23rd Dec 2014, 07:40
Spoke to McGinley agency they told me that Ryr at the moment is only looking for DE Captains and there is a bunch of DE FO waiting for a conversion course to start but still no informations about that from Ryr.
UPDATE OF 18 December.

Random as always when it is about Ryr.

A friend of mine (1500tt 600 on 737) received a phone call from Ryr in August to attend an assessment in two days because they were desperate for FO. He didn't manage to go to Stansted and that's it.

What to do? Wait and hope.

flamingmoe
24th Dec 2014, 03:17
Is it still possible to validate a foreign licence for DEC, Or is it still a hard requirement to convert to EU? I have FAA and ICAO ATPL's.

niss
24th Dec 2014, 06:34
I know quite a few changing from red to blue now. Both F/O and CPT.
It is going to be an interesting spring.

4Screwaircrew
24th Dec 2014, 07:20
@flamingmoe Irish issued EASA licence is required.

Elephant and Castle
24th Dec 2014, 08:53
A command date set in stone, that is funny. Naive at the best of times

Antonio Montana
24th Dec 2014, 11:46
I find it very hard to sympathise with those ex Ryanair pilots who want to leave Jet2 to return to Ryanair.

18 months ago I and a few good friends were turned down by Jet2, mainly because there were so many Ryanair pilots at the interviews with more consistency, although less hours on type. Thankfully we all have moved on to much better and more rewarding flying than either airline can offer.

What comes around goes around:D

galwaypilot
24th Dec 2014, 12:41
Antonio it's a good thing we don't need your sympathy! Have a Merry Christmas.

DILLIGAF.
25th Dec 2014, 03:57
While I don't agree with the attitude of some of those wishing to return (it looks like a familiar story of seeing it as their "right" to return, just as it was their right to get into FR in the first place), if you leave....tough luck, I certainly don't blame FR for not taking you back - you had your chance.

Antonio...you just sound bitter.....shock, horror :eek: someone who performed better than you in the interview/sim got the job!!! what is the world coming to?

Antonio Montana
25th Dec 2014, 07:58
Dilligaff, quite the opposite really. I would not fly for either company and would not dream of leaving my current job.
I was just offering an opinion, as you said, the ex Ryanair pilots seem to believe its their right to go back. Let's remember these are the same FO's who were cadets, those who we all blame of lowering T's and c's.
Enjoy your asb's folks, glad I don't have to.

captplaystation
25th Dec 2014, 11:00
niss,

this story has being doing the rounds for some time now, do you actually know anyone that has resigned (or merely failing to sign a new contract would do for quite a few in fact )

I imagine the projected tax burden in NAS :eek: may cause a few Danish guys to look seriously at a CPH base with FR.

go around flaps15
25th Dec 2014, 12:28
May I ask how you ascertained that ex Ryanair pilots believe it is their right to come back?

Are you bored?

galwaypilot
25th Dec 2014, 19:46
Sorry but DILLI you sound like a complete ignoramus.

I like others are ex- FR. I like others applied online to come back. Nothing more. So I don't know how that is perceived to be as my "right" to come back. FR will do what suits them with or without me. To say well you left so you had your chance, well that's immature and so far removed from reality it's not right.

People going and coming back into any company in all industries Under the right circumstances isn't a bad thing. Generally! It can (not always!) add a positive swing to moral to see others coming back showing it's not just FR who falter with T&C's in the aviation world!

Wether I come back or I don't. It makes no odds to the other pilot. As if it's not me sitting beside them it'll be someone else! Either way you'll be payed the same! So DILLI and Antonio, worry about yourselves. As for the cadets lowering T&C's. I'd say the people who wrote the T&C's lowered them somehow! the management pilots then and employees did little to stop what is now a gravy train. Blaming the small people is too easy!

This thread is to see has there been any movement in the process! So get grip. Word of advice, if you're not happy with the way things are. Climb to the top and change it yourself. If you're not prepared to do that, then shut up!

DILLIGAF.
26th Dec 2014, 11:20
Hahahahahaha, chill out my man! You jumped ship cos life is crap in FR, then you all whinge when things aren't moving quick enough t get back!! It's a joke, you left, tough......I couldbt care less if you go back, stay where you are, your choice and good luck with the future.

Personally I don't blame the cadets for lowering the t's and c's, you gotta start somewhere, FR did me well to start my aviation career, I've moved on and I my new job and quality of family life is leaps and bounds above what I experienced in Ryanair, that said I had good times in FR, but personally I am now in a better position... It grinds my balls when people complain about the processes, things not moving quick enough, failing interviews, etc,etc

Merry Xmas and lots of love from the ignoramus

galwaypilot
26th Dec 2014, 16:32
DILLI. No one is complaining about the process or it's timing. However I like some are trying to to figure out a trend in the recruitment process. Nothing more. If FR doesn't happen so be it. Won't lose sleep. But this is a information gathering/sharing forum and there's no harm in asking a question to those who are happy to answer (constructively!).

You have your opinion and well you're entitled to it.

tangozero
27th Dec 2014, 16:02
okay...while reading your fight between former FR first officers, actual FR first officers, who wants to leave..who wants to come back..who wants to stay....I saw on latest pilots jobs that FR is looking for ground instructors to make conversion courses for already rated 737 First Officers.
Probably new OCC for already rated guys are in Ryanair's plan.

galwaypilot
28th Dec 2014, 14:22
Great news! Cheers for the info... Happy New Year!

galwaypilot
14th Jan 2015, 08:04
Anyone getting a call since the new year?!

galwaypilot
7th Feb 2015, 12:33
I believe folks have been offered positions?

Fancy Navigator
15th Feb 2015, 15:49
What is happening with recruitment? Surprisingly, not a lot of people on here to tell their stories, it looks to me like not much on the cards. Are they that short of people?:confused:

galwaypilot
15th Feb 2015, 16:10
Well I've heard of lots of ex FR guys applied back. Especially from NAS, Jet2 & Emirates. People have been taken back and are scheduled to start the occ course in March. I know of one who got a FR contract and based in STN... I'm still waiting! Doh!!

737Jock
15th Feb 2015, 22:38
Yeah right... And you expect any of Us to believe that?

galwaypilot
16th Feb 2015, 12:54
737 Jock... I don't expect you to believe anything. It's a forum of discussion. Which involves people stating their opinions. Thank you for yours! Maybe add substance to your flippant opinion the next time though! ;-)

doniedarko
17th Feb 2015, 07:24
East Mids are allegedly flat out with OCC courses both Capt. and FO. The majority seem to be first time RYR with just the odd returnee in the mix. Sounds like if you're Greek ...your in :ok: