PDA

View Full Version : Skies Aviation 737 Line Training???

SpeedingUp
5th Dec 2014, 04:58
Anybody has feedback about this 737 line training program in Europe?

too_much
5th Dec 2014, 09:17
Avoid Skies, I have a close friend whom did business with them.

They are legitimate and do have acess to line training, however management are completely unqualified, owner is AM an old rejected Airbus pilot, he runs the company with a Filipino and an Iranian HR woman who has no clue about the industry.

Since Skies started in 2012 they have had around 30 Students all of which are very unhappy, massive delays, broken promises etc partner airlines have gone bust a good example is Eastern Sky Jets, where 10 pilots all paid 70,000 EU and none of them finished there contracts or received the hours promised, the luckier ones being the first ones in whom got around 900 hours when this figure should have seen them finish with around 1,500 mark. Others were not so lucky and only got about 50 hours Skies did not bother to refund or arrange alternatives for these poor folk.

Skies now plan to Lease a few aircraft, based on there current management they will not succeed unless major change comes in terms of management.

SpeedingUp
5th Dec 2014, 15:14
Thx for your comment "too much".:ok:

Ahmed Kimo
1st Jan 2015, 15:14
My story with Skies :yuk:
I graduated with 180hrs total flying time from(...)Aviation Academy. I went to Skies Aviation to do the B737NG program TypeRating+500hrs Line Training+guarantee 1 year job contract with ESJ. (cost 70000EU)
They asked me first to have at least 250hrs of Actual FT.
(i did Hour building course costed me 10000EU so i would have 250 total)
After the completion of Type rating SKIES Cheaters told me we are sorry ESJ company has grounded, and your contract with us is cancelled. :eek:
M Said : GO .... Ur Self No Refund,,,,,

Skies Aviation Trust me You Cheated With The Wrong Person :=

despegue
1st Jan 2015, 20:43
That suits you right, You want to,pay to work, then bear the consequences of dealing with criminals!

OhNoCB
2nd Jan 2015, 00:57
No offence but why anyone would spend potentially close to (if not more than) €100,000 on "fATPL" course, then another €10,000 on hour building to meet the requirements to then pay another €70,000 + living/travel has to be completely bonkers.

Everyone on here knows that the career path is a risky one, but to throw THAT much money into it.... if I had €200k available to me which seemingly noone cared about the use of, I would have spent manys a year traveling and having fun, or done a PPL and bought my own airplane and then spent a fair amount of time in that.

turbopropulsion
2nd Jan 2015, 04:56
Some people have more money than sense!

despegue
2nd Jan 2015, 06:39
Ahmed Kimo hopefully will never work as Flightcrew with such an atrocious level of common sense, intelligence and responsibility:=:=

ZFT
2nd Jan 2015, 07:07
Without getting into the rights and wrongs of pay to fly schemes, I am constantly amazed at just how gullible some aspiring pilots do seem to be.

Unless an ATO operates solely for its own benefit, such as a carrier training and checking its own crews under local NAA regulations, any other ATO providing services to 3rd parties should at least have an internationally recognized (EASA, FAA or the like) accreditation of its training equipment and training programs (and to have these, operate under what is now a demanding CMS/QMS).

These are published on line and are easy enough to check. This would provide some level of confidence that there is a level of regulatory oversight and financial respectability.

Without making these simple checks, you are fair game.

Torque Tonight
2nd Jan 2015, 12:04
Good grief! Apart from the cost of the integrated course, and 70k on a pay to work scheme/scam the fact that someone dropped 10k on 70hrs (€143/hr) of light aircraft rental is mind boggling. A tiny bit of effort and common sense and you could do it for half that, or better. I could go and fly an SEP aeroplane for £42/hr this afternoon.

Without wanting to be too mean or point fingers at any individuals (when they are representative of a great number of similar people), someone who has made such questionable decisions and simple sees 'throwing money at the problem' as the answer to career progress, peobably isn't cut out for this job. If such people bankrupt themselves and then withdraw from the competition, it's probably no bad thing for everyone else. How long would it take you to earn back your 180k when you are prepared to work for nothing, or less than nothing?:ugh:

No wonder the career is :mad: . The tank is full of sharks and willing bait.

P40Warhawk
3rd Jan 2015, 12:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgOQYMDDz4k#t=13

Shocking vid about P2F.
Respectable airlines should DISQUALIFY participants of P2F programs. Finally some airlines do so.

pilot4eva
6th Feb 2015, 02:55
You should have known this was coming!:ugh: There was a thread dedicated here for skies aviation and all of 'em adviced to avoid it.Nobody here is going to help you and you have chosen the P2f route so deal with the consequences:=

pakythepilot
6th Feb 2015, 20:12
Sorry AviatiorAircraft and Ahmed Kilo or whatever is your nickname but.....hahahahaha and then :oh: and finally :yuk:. A quite number of feelings to handle all at once, I'm surprised I can do it. Now, you're probably asking yourself why he is being so disrespectful and hurting a such gentle person as me, a person who is only looking for some help. Let me list some fair points to make it clear:

1- Accepting those kind of contracts means you're basically throwing **** over what it used to be a nice and skilled profession whilst not giving a **** about other pilots condition at all. Pilots who work to feed their family mouths and have reached that position after commitment and sacrifice. Pilots who are constantly risking to lose their job and feeling stressed and tired for that, just because there is a queue of idiots willing to sell themselves for free, or worst, willing to pay the employer to work for free. They are even more idiot!! You thought you were smarter than your colleagues and paying was a clever move to skip the queue so you could finally be able to play with your shiny jet toy. How wrong it was! Sorry guys you are simple getting what you deserve. I know, sometimes life is such a bitch, but what it goes around comes around. You should have expected that.

2- Pilots must have the ability to gather as much as possible information and process them in order to make the right final decision. It is what they call situation awareness and as far as I can see, you lack of it. Why? Let me kindly explain. PPrune is full of bad stories regarding other morons who have been defrauded by this particular company. You could have done some research or simple google the company name and you could have easily figured out which trouble you were getting into. This is the normal procedure a clever person goes through before signing a contract that involves high investment risk and high amount of money. As I can see you guys lack of smartness too :=. Unfortunately this lead to an unique and sad conclusion: you guys don't have the required qualities to fly passenger aircraft. In case you manage to get a job, please, I'm begging you, let me know where you are working, so me and all my beloved ones can highly avoid it. I like adrenaline but I'm not so fool to risk my life.

3- Asking help and advice from people who are experiencing more and more disgusting work and life conditions partly due to idiots like you accepting p2f, it's an indication of either high courage or high stupidity. I bet over the second.

Despite all that, I hope you'll get your money back and if it happens, highly unlikely, you should spend it to train for other professions and fly just for leisure, but stay away from UK and Italy airspaces, is where I usually fly and I still want to feel safe when I do it.

Best Regards!

appfo09
6th Feb 2015, 21:11
Guys who accept offers which at the end are a total scam, should after accept the consequences also. In the past I also had a good friend who lost more than you have lost just by accepting something with closed eyes.

It is terrible to hear these kind of experiences and sorry you are not self-aware of anything whatsoever, you haven't studied the matter first and you don't respect other people.

Find the best lawyer you could ever find because it is not an easy case to solve.

Finally this is not the right place you came for help and I urge you will remain helpless on this forum.

Sorry !!!

J74
6th Feb 2015, 22:11
Come on guys, this should be a professional forum with professional pilots...so
we understood clearly that p2F is a CANCER in our Profession as Pilot but these guys needs some help.
But, this does not detract YOUR NEGLIGENCE (AVIATORAIRCRAFT AND KIMO:ugh:) accepting this rubbish:{

AviatorAircraft:
I think you shouldn't send them any :mad: email, but PICK UP THE PHONE, and give them a call and SPEAK CLEARLY and DECISE!!! tell THEM you want back your MONEY!!
Then, I hope and think, that CAE STOCKOLM don't want to be involved in such rubbish and put their name as Organisation down!
So give a call to CAE too, and understand clearly the situation and whats going on.
I don't think in EU is there any serious TRTO that will refuse to refund the money if some problem arise.
CAE is something, SKIES is something else!
Best of Luck

pakythepilot
6th Feb 2015, 22:20
The company he is dealing with and manage his money is Skies Aviation not CAE. I guess a call to the cae office will be completely useless.

J74
6th Feb 2015, 22:30
I guess a call to the cae office will be completely useless.
:ok: agree with you, but still Skies put CAE as the provider of the TR.
So I think should be the best option to clarify with them first, and let them know what SKIES is doing giving bad reputation to the TRTO...so maybe even them for the future will take distance from SKIES!

To all the p2f simpatize guys...maybe I'm sarcastic, but you could find a good loooking used 737 with something like 1M....so if You guys put all the money together, 100K each one or even less, as you are a lot out there (instead of paying the LT) you could buy one, find a TRE, TRI, Cheif PiloT and so on and build your own Company after obtaining an AOC!!;)...Doing your own Buissness and be pilot in the same time!
Difficult:confused: maybe...but not Impossible!:zzz:

CockpitSeeker
7th Feb 2015, 22:28
By the way AviatorAircraft, would it be possible to get a hold on your "contracts", or whatever piece of documents they provided you (anonymised of course)?
I'm collecting as much as possible for the anti-p2f campaign:
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/p2f_must_stop/

Don't hesitate to contact me via mp...

RAK123
9th Feb 2015, 05:33
Hello everyone,
just to let you know that i did my type with skies with absolutely no problem
everything went smooth... also i am completing my line training with them in Europe and am almost 400 hrs, what i see as your experience with them is surprising me... anyways losers always blame others;)

CaptainCriticalAngle
9th Feb 2015, 12:31
When you do some analysis of the figures (I won't bore you with them, unless you want me to) for airlines such as EasyJet, RyanAir and Flybe, you're paying for your TR and indirectly for line training as well.

They just don't call it P2F of course.

I guess whatever you call it, the level of training is the most important thing.

Again, having spent some time looking into it, there are some awful P2F schemes and some that are probably better than Ryan's line training programme.

Horses for courses.

J74
9th Feb 2015, 15:33
anyways losers always blame others
:) Please, I'm so curious, explain me that?

:uhoh: Please don't come here and tell me that LT conducted from Airlines, In Dubai or East Europe in some forgotten Airline Company are good !
Please don't speak unless you don't know the other strict SOP of reputable Companies, and their LT!

Have many people before you who did the mistakes to join, and their complaining but they can't jump other ships NOW!:ugh:

Im my aviation knowledge had in my life till now i saw and heard a lot of awful things about agencies...but worst are MSD and SKIES....this is for sure!

pfvspnf
18th Mar 2015, 09:36
This is a complete scam and Ponzi scheme !dont be fooled! There is no airline , you will loose all your money. People have been waiting for money back from these guys for years ! It's all for show the fancy office the website the Facebook page , in actuality no real commercial operation besides a flight school and rented simulator exists !

Pilotbogdan
6th Nov 2015, 10:57
I signed a contract with them for type and line training on Airbus 320 , after I finished my type nothing happened ,they keep promising me to wait , then they said change to b737 , after I finished with them nothing happened . I am trying to gather pilots to file a case against them .

pfvspnf
1st Sep 2016, 05:40
Did the students get their money back ? Has the owner run away from dubai ?

Flyfede80
1st Sep 2016, 07:05
Sorry Mr. Captain...but Ryanair like Easyjet or WizzAir offers you a CONTRACT and a CARRIER as first officer (first) and captain in the future...during job you'll receive MONEY at the end of any months (starting from 1500 up to 3500 euros). A stupid P2F programme doesn't PAY you nothing at the end of month and at the end of "contract" of 500 hours you'll go home and adios!!!please...are you really compairing RYAN or EASY or WIZZ (SOPs, 600 aircraft, great roaster and routes) with an Arabian or Indian P2f???pleaseeeeee...

pfvspnf
1st Sep 2016, 11:59
I don't know if you are attacking me but read the question ? I'm against pay to fly, it's a complete joke but specifically I want to find this guy so that he can face prosecution for what he's done to people! Do not ever pay for line training you will be scammed

Mzamzam
13th Sep 2016, 15:36
Guys take care because owner of skies Mazin. Run away from UAE to don't refund to pilots , i made a criminal case against him and prosecution put him in a jail till he gave me cheques, he paid one cheque then he closed skies Dubai to don't pay and run away from UAE . He forgot that there is Interpol . ;)
There is no line training at all . I know a lot of pilots still didn't get back their money from him .
Don't be next victim.

skiesaviation
17th Oct 2016, 11:31
Guys, got to know something, he is still getting students on the name of line training and he is telling people he owns an aircraft which flies in Europe, now that's something called shamelessness.