PDA

View Full Version : Captain Johnson

listria
3rd Dec 2014, 17:39
Hmm, looks scary, and not at all funny.
Is it legal? Boris in the cockpit of his Malaysia Airlines plane just before he helped staff subdue some nutter in first class.Not a very good advert methinks.http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/03/23B1C4CC00000578-2858977-The_Mayor_of_London_who_was_on_the_flight_joined_efforts_to_ rest-m-3_1417614155898.jpg

goudie
3rd Dec 2014, 17:43
Boris can do no wrong!:ok:

flydive1
3rd Dec 2014, 17:52
The picture caption:

The Mayor of London, who was on the flight, joined efforts to restrain the man who was described as 'off his head' by one of Mr Johnson's delegation (stock picture)

listria
3rd Dec 2014, 18:05
Yup, but isn't that a Malaysian hat?...The attribution of the photo is to the same cameraman as other contemporaneous ones so it's probably a Malaysian plane, unless the DM has a lot of photos of Boris wearing different pilots' caps.
In any case how come a trade mission isn't flying the flag by flying on BA.....?

SpringHeeledJack
3rd Dec 2014, 18:10
I thought the thread was about a captain's johnson and was expecting a lurid round the world expose of what happens outside of the cockpit when away from home :}

BJ can do little wrong, I won't be surprised to see him as PM one of these days. Behind that bumbling self depreciating exterior lurks a highly intelligent nd motivated politician.

SHJ

flydive1
3rd Dec 2014, 18:10
In any case how come a trade mission isn't flying the flag by flying on BA.....?

Don't know. Maybe cheaper flight? Trying to save taxpayers money?;)

listria
3rd Dec 2014, 18:15
No doubt Johnson's had some exercise in KL

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd Dec 2014, 18:24
BJ can do little wrong, I won't be surprised to see him as PM one of these days.

The grinding of teeth from the opposition benches and the Grauniad news room will be deafening.:}

svhar
3rd Dec 2014, 18:25
It is obviously a simulator.

July 5, 2013 - London, United Kingdom - Boris Johnson Opening of The Emirates Aviation Experience...London Mayor Boris Johnson during the official opening of The Emirates Aviation Experience. The mayor and Emirates president Tim Clark will also hold a Q&A at the attraction, which includes a full-size replica nose-cone of a double-decker A380 complete with flight-deck as well as an A380 flight simulator. ..Greenwich Peninsula Terminal, London, United Kingdom Friday, 5th July 2013 Picture by Andrew Parsons / i-Images....File Photo - New runways at Heathrow and Gatwick are among the options that have been short-listed by the Airports Commission for expanding UK airport capacity...Date filed Tuesday 17th December 2013. (Credit Image: Andrew Parsons/i-Images/ZUMAPRESS.com)

maliyahsdad2
3rd Dec 2014, 18:28
Yup, but isn't that a Malaysian hat?...The attribution of the photo is to the same cameraman as other contemporaneous ones so it's probably a Malaysian plane, unless the DM has a lot of photos of Boris wearing different pilots' caps.

BA don't fly to Kuala Lumpur. Due to start flights next year though.

Flying Lawyer
3rd Dec 2014, 18:30
ListriaHmm, looks scary, and not at all funny.
It doesn't look scary to me, just funny.

Is it legal? If you are that bothered about the legality or otherwise, I suggest you pay a lawyer for legal advice.
Free advice: Ask in the spotters' forum for help identifying the airline badge before you stick your neck out and complain about Malaysia.

svhar It is obviously a simulator.Spoilsport! ;)

FL
Not a very good advert methinks.
For whom, youthinks?

flydive1
3rd Dec 2014, 18:33
Quite a nice climb(looking at the PFD)

mikedreamer787
3rd Dec 2014, 18:37
Who TF is that butt-ugly cnut anyway? :confused:

BTW that doesn't look like a MAS cap.

OFSO
3rd Dec 2014, 18:50
Sim, sim, obviously a sim.

And so is the cockpit.

finncapt
3rd Dec 2014, 18:59
Seems to be daylight out the front but nighttime at the sides.

I remember that twilight was quite short near the equator but, possibly, not that short.

Glad I retired at about the time they stopped flight deck visits but maybe MH have a pragmatic policy (called Captain's discretion).

mikedreamer787
3rd Dec 2014, 19:00
Correct OFSO its a sim alright.

listria
3rd Dec 2014, 19:00
Ok...you've got me beat!
..and b*****y Boris's fanboys snatched a bunch of free publicity out of my stupidity.
Back to reading the Grauniad

goudie
3rd Dec 2014, 19:04
Back to reading the Grauniad

What fun!:rolleyes:

Lon More
3rd Dec 2014, 19:07
Nine minutes from bottle to throttle. Hope he didn't try to set course for Fantasy Island; still, a sim is probably the only flight that will ever land there

sitigeltfel
3rd Dec 2014, 19:09
The cap looks a few sizes too small.......or is it his head that is too big? ;)