PDA

View Full Version : Hours accreditation for Helicopter flying to EASA ATPL(A)

amb_211085
2nd Dec 2014, 20:28
I'm in a bit of a black hole, or so it seems. I have just under 1000 hours flying helicopters in the military (UK) and am considering leaving to fly in the civil world. I'm trying to work out what hours I can and can't count towards the constituent Part-FCL's en-route to an ATPL(A).

As I understand it, as a QMP(H), with a little bit of flying in a C152 (eg) and then a skills test I can apply for a PPL(A) under the CAA MAS, without need to sit the ground exams. Is this correct?

It then gets fuzzy and I could do with some help clarifying the situation. The rules for an ATPL(A) state that I can count 50% of my helicopter licence hours towards the licence. I need to check, but assume this is the same for a CPL(A). However, I do not want to obtain an ATPL(H) in order to transfer these hours. Is it possible to transfer this experience or am I going to have to suck it up and pay for the full course of training?

Halfwayback
3rd Dec 2014, 14:54
I was able to count half my rotary hours and all my fixed wing hours towards the issue of an ATPL when I left the Service.

I suggest that you just ring the CAA and ask them.

this is my username
4th Dec 2014, 16:52
Have a look through CAP 804, answers should be in there,

amb_211085
9th Dec 2014, 19:27
Digging into this some more, there is very little that a QMP(H) can transfer towards any aeroplane hours. A PPL(A), after exams and skills test, as an EFTG is about all. The only exception to this seems to be for the award of an ATPL(A) where 50% of RW hours could be credited if a helicopter licence is held. Bummer!

GipsyMagpie
21st Feb 2015, 20:46
Mate, there is loads of credit, you just need to know where to look. PM me.

navy pilot
2nd Jul 2016, 09:42
Dear all,
I have a similar question for obtaining ATPL (A) from DGCA, India. Would my hrs on helicopter be counted towards issuance of license.I am holder of CHPL from DGCA