PDA

View Full Version : jar to easa imc

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
1st Dec 2014, 10:43
anyone here able to help ? I've a jar licence with 757/multi crew ir. I've also got sep with imc on it (and same on my uk lifetime ppl). how do i convert the imc over ? i don't want to loose it as i use it single crew, believe the imc becomes IR(R). can you have IR(R) ex imc alongside a full multi crew IR ? completley confused, and i carnt wait 30 working days for caa to get back to me !

to complicate it more, my sep and imc expired just over a year ago but done want to loose them, should i renew them before i convert it over, or just have them parked until i sort the renewal ?

thanks

Mach Jump
1st Dec 2014, 11:09
Use Form 1104 (here)

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1104Issue10.pdf

to convert your Licence to an EASA one before the 5 year expiry date.

Only current ratings can be transferred over though, so go to your local flying school and get your SEP/IMC renewed.

The IMC will appear on the EASA licence as an IR(R). This is just a new name for the IMC to fit in with EASA.

If you don't renew expired ratings, they will be printed on the back of the licence, and you can renew them later. You will have to re-apply to the CAA to have them transferred to the front of the Licence before you can use them again though. (For a fee of course!)

MJ:ok:

Level Attitude
1st Dec 2014, 16:01
Only current ratings can be transferred over though.....

If you don't renew expired ratings, they will be printed on the back of the licence, and you can renew them later. You will have to re-apply to the CAA to have them transferred to the front of the Licence before you can use them again though. (For a fee of course!)No longer applicable The CAA recently changed its admin procedure so that an Examiner can Renew Ratings without CAA involvement (or cost) as long as they are listed somewhere on the Licence.

Although I would also recommend you renew your SEP and IMC prior to applying for your Part-FCL Licence there is no longer any major benefit to doing this.

Make sure you apply for all Ratings you have ever held to ensure they are put on to your new Licence (Front for current ones, Back for expired ones)

To answer your specific question:
Type specific, multi-pilot, IRs have no bearing on holding single pilot IRs or the IR(R).
You do not say that you hold a SPA-IR but, presumably, you must have done in the past so I would suggest you apply for both an IR(R) and the relevant (ME-SPA-IR?) when you apply for your Part-FCL Licence.

RED = Incorrect statements I wish to retract
(but left in so later Posts make sense)

ifitaintboeing
1st Dec 2014, 16:09
If you don't renew expired ratings, they will be printed on the back of the licence, and you can renew them later. You will have to re-apply to the CAA to have them transferred to the front of the Licence before you can use them again though. (For a fee of course!)

LA you have misinterpreted the information. MJ is correct.

At the point of conversion, any expired ratings will be placed on the back of the licence. In order to move them to the front of the licence and into Section XII will require CAA action - which will cost you. An examiner in the field cannot do this.

The recent change allows an examiner to sign a rating which is contained in Section XII and has expired, regardless of how long that rating has expired.

Therefore, I would recommend you renew your SEP and IMC then convert.

ifitaint...

Level Attitude
1st Dec 2014, 16:29
LA you have misinterpreted the information. MJ is correct.No misinterpretation, just didn't check IN-2014/109 before Posting and, obviously, remembered it completely wrong.

Apologies for confusion, and thanks for correction