PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA to FAA type conversion

numpty64
29th Nov 2014, 17:14
Hi, Has anyone had experience in getting their UK turbo prop type rating transferred on to their FAA ATP licence? Is there a check ride or SIM involved?

KKoran
29th Nov 2014, 19:01
What sort of turboprop? The FAA only requires a type rating for turboprops with a max weight in excess of 12,500 pounds.

densityaltitude
29th Nov 2014, 22:50
With an EASA Type Rating (or Class rating if below weight) you could qualify for a 61.157 Prior Experience course (4 SIM & A Check, less than a full initial course again) to transfer the rating onto FAA ticket. Easier to transfer the other way FAA to EASA if you have 500hrs on type.

Your training provider will be able to advise you.

Alisakg
1st Dec 2014, 21:18
Hi guys!
Has anyone converted their NZ CPL (A) to FAA CPL?
I've got a NZ CPL, MEIR and C-cat and I am wanting to convert to a FAA CPL.
I've had a look at the FAA website but it all seems a bit confusing!
Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)
Thank you

BBJ-Captain
2nd Dec 2014, 10:32
If you already have an FAA ATP, and want to transfer over a rating from EASA, then it is a lot more hassle.
The easiest way is to transfer ratings as a foreign licence, but you are not allowed to hold anything more than an FAA PPL when starting the process. It simply is a bit of ground school and 1 or 2 sims for an LST.
If you already have an ATP, then a shortened type course is the best you will get (if the TRTO will allow it). They are entitled to make you do a full course if they so feel.