PDA

View Full Version : Bloody photobucket

Tee Emm
29th Nov 2014, 05:47
I am having considerable trouble attempting to use the Photobucket website as a means of putting photos into Pprune forums.

Photobucket was OK for me for years until it changed its whole style. I place the required photos on my desk top but when I follow the instructions and attempt slide them into my photobucket library it doesn't actuate. Photo bucket is sure not user friendly and I am jack of it.

Apart from any suggestions for the above problem it may be time to try another reliable and simple host website equivalent to photo bucket to place photos on Pprune. Comments appreciated.

Capetonian
29th Nov 2014, 06:06
Dropbox works well for me and I'm a technophobe.

Picasa was good until they screwed it up by linking it with Google+ which seems to be attempting to be a sort of social netwanking site.

FullOppositeRudder
29th Nov 2014, 10:44
Photobucket works OK for me; perhaps I use it in a different way.

From 'my' photobucket page, I click on the Upload button/box at the top of the page. The click on the blue "Choose photos and videos" button in the centre of the page.

This opens the file manager page in my machine from which I choose the folder with the picture I want, find the picture in the string of slides offered and click on it. This will place the picture in the box in that screen and then click on 'Open' at the bottom RH corner of the page. This should upload the photo to Photobucket. Once it's loaded, it will appear in the Photobucket page; add notes if you wish. To see all of your photos click on the Library button at the top of the page.

To select a photo to appear on PPRuNe, double click on the selected picture and then click on the Direct Link option on the RH side of the picture. This places the URL on the clipboard ready for you to past it into the "Insert Image" link in the PPRuNe options.

Oh yes - my computer runs current Firefox under W7 - it might be different with other O/S - browser combinations although it probably shouldn't vary a lot - if at all.

There might even be an easier way, but this works for me. :8

FOR

Tee Emm
29th Nov 2014, 11:29
Capetonian: Thanks for the Dropbox info. I'll look into it.

FulloppositeRudder: Thanks for the Photobucket advice. Must be finger trouble on my part (story of my life..) Your instructions list worked perfectly,
TM

Capetonian
29th Nov 2014, 11:53
Tee Emm : If you like I can send you a referral link and you will get a bit more space when you open the account. So will I, but I already have far more than I need anyway!

PM me if you would like to do this.

Exascot
29th Nov 2014, 11:53
I have always used Dropbox after some kind person on this forum pointed me in the direction when I didn't know how to post photos. Never a problem.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
29th Nov 2014, 12:03
FOR..... That's exactly how I use PB and it has caused me no problems. It takes a few seconds to upload a pic and then it's ready to be posted anywhere.

ExSp33db1rd
29th Nov 2014, 20:11
As Capetonian - Picasa was good until they changed it, can't get photo's embedded in e-mails now, only as attachments that have to be individually opened.

If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It.

Booglebox
30th Nov 2014, 10:36
I usually use Imgur. They give you a BBCode link so it's all quite easy. No login required either.