PDA

View Full Version : Saudia assessment in Cairo

alloha
28th Nov 2014, 20:47
I have an assessment with Saudia in Cairo on the 15th of December.the invitation says for a simple aeronautical knowledge test and a panel interview.Any one has attended something similar in the past?What do i have to expect.

PS According to the email "Aircraft type and position will be assigned subject to your assessment outcome."

metro301
28th Nov 2014, 21:07
Search function works great. (saudia, saudi, sva,)

Multiple threads on the topic.

Or, skip to page 2 of this forum and read - SAUDI AIRLINES Interview ( 777 )

atila_101
29th Nov 2014, 06:04
hi there Alloha,

You can expect to start the day with a multiple choice FAA ATP test. 50 questions taken from the FAR-AIM or the Gleim's. Not too hard, some of the questions got repeated in the test. Around an hour or so to complete.

Then, some sort of reasoning and mental math test, "If the side of a squared field is so long whats the total surface?" and this kind of things. You have about 20 minutes to do this test.

Last is an interview with a board of pilots (there is a mix of fleets, Embraer, Airbus Boeing) and there would be all sort of questions, some questions about systems of the airplane you fly (if you apply as type rated) and some other questions about ICAO procedures (speed control, CAVOK....). Probably another 30 or 40 minutes.

Thats about it. What takes the longest time is the waiting before you get called, so get a bag full of patience and go for it.

alloha
29th Nov 2014, 18:57
pretty much this is what i was expecting for but in the invitation mail it says clearly only for an aeronautical test (around 40-45 minutes) and then the interview.Any idea for how long i have to wait before i get a notice from the company.Some people told me 2-3 months .thanks for the info

nosegears
30th Nov 2014, 02:17
alloha

for wich fleet they have called you ?

atila_101
1st Dec 2014, 06:04
Hi alloha,

In my case I waited for about 5 or 6 days before getting the email confirming that I was successful. What it took a long time is the email inviting me to the next stage, that took almost two months, mostly because Hajji was happening so i guess there were busy with other things.

globalex
1st Dec 2014, 23:34
I've been sent an email but the wording is a bit vague. I'm not sure if I'll be interviewing from the 14 through the 18 of December in Cairo or it will be a one day affair. Any help appreciated ;)

alloha
2nd Dec 2014, 00:57
@nosegears according to their email fleet will be assigned after the outcome of the assessment

nosegears
2nd Dec 2014, 11:23
copied @alloha

Thanks for sharing us it

hope you will get sucess

alloha
2nd Dec 2014, 16:28
@globalex its only an 1 day assessment. 45 minutes written test and panel interview

ekf
4th Dec 2014, 15:32
i got the same email but I'm wondering if i need to get to cairo on my own or do i get free tickt?,,,all i got is it is from the 14to the 18 of dec but nothing eles,,

alloha
6th Dec 2014, 02:32
@ Ekf

after i filled out the application form they get back to me asking me to confirm that i will attend the assessment and provide them with an economy class ticket that i am willing to purchase (i took a snap shot ).Within the next two hours they approved the price.i am still waiting confirmation for the hotel accommodation as i have requested 2 nights because there no evening flights to my destination

edkossyer
6th Dec 2014, 05:22
thanks for the info ,in my case I'm still waiting for there reply ,do you have to a sim evaluation in cairo ? or i think it is don in jed,,many thanks ,,,

ekf
12th Dec 2014, 04:50
hello dear,

i got invited to cairo next week im kind of worry about the math and physics ,just wandering if you remember any of the information or if you know where can i prepare for it ,
many thanks for your help.