PDA

View Full Version : Concorde G-BOAB

MAC 40612
28th Nov 2014, 20:21
If you want to get a photo of this aircraft, I suggest you do it soon [I'll leave you all to draw your own conclusions as to why!] :sad:

Shaggy Sheep Driver
28th Nov 2014, 23:33
She should go to Duxford or Yeovilton to be displayed alongside the prototypes there. There are very many differences between a prototype and a production Concorde, some quite subtle. AB's gutted interior wouldn't matter for visitors to see those differences first hand.

BTW wouldn't it have been better to have scrapped the shell that DG was in 2003, and donate AB to Brooklands instead at end of Concorde services, while she was still a complete aeroplane, rather than gut AB to give DG an interior?

WE992
9th Dec 2014, 22:35
I guess its about to chopped up then behind canvas screens like the Lyneham Comet!

Shaggy Sheep Driver
11th Dec 2014, 07:56
.......Or the Woodford Nimrod MR4s.

DaveReidUK
11th Dec 2014, 08:27
I can't see that happening, screens or not.

Granted there have been plenty of VC-10s and Tridents hacked apart at Hatton Cross by Mr Coley's JCB in the past, but that only upset us engineers.

If photos were to leak out of Concorde being put under the torch, when there are dozens of museums that would have given it a good home, that would be hugely damaging publicity for BA.

Somehow I don't see the beancounters getting their way on this one.