PDA

View Full Version : EASA ATP Conversion

where ever what ever
28th Nov 2014, 09:22
So I need to convert my South African ATP to EASA
But I'm going around in circles here and need a little help form someone who has already won the battle recently.

I work contract so I had planned on doing the Exams in Poland as I liked the 'book online come write them in any order' attitude towards exams

I was under the understanding that I only have to sit the exams, no ground school required as I have a full ATP

When I went there to register and pay I was told I need to have a ground school training certificate ?? How do I get one of those without attending ground school which I don't need ?

Has anyone managed to convert without ground school since this EASA change ?

Thanks

paco
28th Nov 2014, 12:01
if you have the ATP/multi crew experience, you should be able to self-certify, but it depends on the Polish CAA in the end, I guess. Do they mean you just need a school to certify that you have the experience?

where ever what ever
28th Nov 2014, 16:36
It's a bit messy really,, I have 2800 hrs 1400 of which is on the B1900 which is flown Multi Crew under our AOC for the counties we operate as its a requirement.

However, B190 is not a multi crew aircraft in EASA ,,,

So on the one hand ,, I should be able to take the exams and flight test only route

However, I've just taken a job on an EMB120 so will be doing a full course at Flight Safety Paris soon anyway which I could use as the flight test on a multi crew aircraft ...

But I can't get registered anywhere in Europe who will let me sit these exams

The killer is I passed them all before in the UK but they are lapsed now

paco
28th Nov 2014, 19:09
Looks like you need an ATO. And you're right, it is a bummer :(