PDA

View Full Version : The Paedo next door - C4

Effluent Man
28th Nov 2014, 08:54
Anybody see this? The guy featured admitted to having feelings for kids as young as 5.What I hadn't realised was that such people also fancied adult women.I kind of understand that with those who lust after post adolescent girls but not with little kiddies.

I suppose it must be like bisexuals where it maybe depends on the individual how strong the bias is.Anyway,this guy admiitted it but said that he had never acted on his feelings.

What surprised me was the following day on R2 he got a right kicking.I would have thought he should be given credit for his honesty.His point was that the hang 'em high brigade just serves to keep it all hidden.

Tankertrashnav
28th Nov 2014, 09:07
I too have no idea why some men (and, it has to be said, some women) have these feelings. This man recognises that acting on these feelings would be very wrong and he is to be commended for opening up about the affliction. I hope he and others like him can get appropriate help to deal with the problem.

SpringHeeledJack
28th Nov 2014, 09:40
If there were more self aware/ self interrogating persons, of both genders, then the world for the young and vulnerable would be a whole lot safer. Sadly it seems most of them just act out on their compulsions to damage everything in their paths. Maybe this programme will have the effect of turning others to get help.

SHJ

airship
28th Nov 2014, 17:33
The website Virtuous Pedophiles (http://www.virped.org/) is enlightening for those interested in the subject: " Iím a 20-year-old man who has been trying to deal with an attraction to young girls since I was 13. Women just don't interest me. I wish with all my soul that I could have a brain that's wired normally. I know that I can never act on what I feel, but I need to speak to a therapist because I don't think I can get through this on my own. But if I talk to a therapist he could report me, because I have to talk about my attraction to young girls. I donít know whether he would or not and don't even know how to go about getting more information. Even the friendships I have are in danger of falling apart because I can't just keep saying 'I'm fine' and I can't talk to anyone about my problem. I think about suicide a lot. "

Anonymous pleas like this show up constantly on the web. This man is a heartbreakingly anguished example of what we call a Virtuous Pedophile, virtuous because he is not going to do anything with a real child. We too are Virtuous Pedophiles, and there are a great many of us, though few people know of our existence. To admit our condition is to invite suspicion, hatred, and social ostracism. Virtuous doesn't mean we think we're better than the average person, just that we're not worse...