PDA

View Full Version : Long Live MAS. MAS will survive this way?

bakutteh
27th Nov 2014, 20:38
The Malaysian Star paper has this report :

(The Star) – The administrator of Malaysia Airlines (MAS) will have full immunity when exercising its power in running the operations of the national carrier.

This is one of the many clauses under the MAS administration bill that was tabled in Parliament yesterday.

The bill provides special laws for the administrator of MAS to carry out services that are essential for the continuity of the airline, and its uninterrupted connectivity within Malaysia.

This bill was also tabled to make way for the establishment of a new entity – Malaysia Airlines Bhd (MAB), to take over the operations of the national carrier.

On Nov 7, MAS shareholders had given their vote of support for the airlines’ major shareholder Khazanah Nasional Bhd to take the company private at 27 sen per share.

Khazanah’s intention was to take the company private and transfer the entire operations and assets into a new company.

It is looking to re-negotiate MAS’ contracts with the employees and suppliers, as well as reducing the workforce by some 6,000 people. It also plans to set up a new company to take over operations by July 1.

In carrying out the business of MAS, the administrator has been given powers which included appointing new directors, removal or suspension of anyone in the company.

The administrator also has the authority to renegotiate the terms and conditions of any contracts.

The administrator could also employ or terminate employees, and determine the compensation payable to dismissed employees. It can take possession of MAS’ properties, sell or dispose parts of the property by any way it deems fair.

The administrator may raise or borrow money, and grant security over the property of the administered company. It can also grant or accept a surrender of a lease or tenancy of the property of the administered companies..

The administrator may also transfer any property, business, liabilities and affairs of the administered companies to any of MAB’s subsidiary companies.

The administrator may purchase the shares, property and equipment of any company, in which the administered companies are existing shareholders, that supplies goods or services which are essential to ensure the unumterrupted continuation of the business vested in MAB.

With the appointment of the administrator, any transfer, mortgage, execution or obligation incurred by, or against the administered companies, may be avoided or recoverable by the administrator.

taufupok
28th Nov 2014, 08:44
Try as I must but I just cannot shrug off the feeling that the airline is still full of nincompoops...sigh!

Read this :
'Want to go somewhere, but don't know where?' - Malaysia Airlines slammed over tweet - Business - NZ Herald News (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11365902)

Geragau
28th Nov 2014, 20:52
It is sad indeed that they keep on shutting their eyes to the basic truth and go onto blunders after blunders!

Word from insiders is that Qatar and Korean are working hard to secure secondments as MAS intends to go fully Airbus, phasing out the B777s and B744s. If Airbus offer better deals, they may even phase out the B737s.

Like all previous MAS deals whether with Airbus, Qatari or Korean, it remains how much goes under the table. There will be a few multi-millionaires in the making. Not all bad for those " nincompoops ";););)

datogu al MONA
29th Nov 2014, 22:37
Almost everyone in MAS is in denial. They still think that things will remain hunky dory as the government will keep on pumping in tax payers' hard earned money.

Good money going after bad money...malay government's super affirmative strategy!:ugh:

essentialbus
5th Dec 2014, 15:03
Air Lingus CEO named as new Malaysian airlines CEO
Could he do it and make the new Malaysian airlines prosper again as the first Non Bumi CEO in its history?

Curious to see if the invisible government hand will allow him a non disruptive no nonsense no corruption approach.

Cheers
E.B.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
5th Dec 2014, 15:33
Not the first Matsalleh. Have you forgotten Captain Bird.:ugh:

flying.monkeyz
6th Dec 2014, 05:18
Now we know the real reason.

MAS suffered losses because Malaysians stupid, says Dr M - The Malaysian Insider (http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/mas-suffered-losses-because-malaysians-stupid-says-dr-m)

Roti Canai
6th Dec 2014, 14:03
Dr M,
did he also not say also Boeing was to blame for the MH 370 Loss after Malaysian ATC lost face over letting it
fly back over the country etc etc? I no longer listen to him.

essentialbus
6th Dec 2014, 14:30
@ Capt. W.B. No, i was not aware of that.
Maybe you care to enlighten me and others not in the know?

As for the German guy, he needs all the luck and best wishes he can get. Whatever salary he is offered, his challenge is enormous. He is either very brave or not so smart. Given his resume, he is brave and smart, so, why this move?

Cheers
E.B.

taufupok
6th Dec 2014, 21:16
Too quick to the draw Wooblah!

The first GM ( CEO ) since MAS was incorporated in 1971 was Tan Sri Saw Huat Lye.

The first Chairman was Tan Sri Rama Iyer.

The small bird down the food chain was Capt. Jack Bird as DFO.

Capisce?!

Now there are lots of nons who are capable prospective CEOs. The " kecil hati " majority does not want nons to head MAS and turn it around successfully.

Better copy this down and archive it. Not going to last long here...the TRUTH.;)

Sireh
7th Dec 2014, 02:00
Taufu...not a very nice way to rub it in, but it seems to be the case. I just do not know how to deal with this type of mentality amongst our people. The everyday shenanigans and sandiwara in the corridors of power are reflected in every public institution in bolehland,

Good luck to MAS, best wishes for a real lasting recovery.:ok:

Raj Merlion
7th Dec 2014, 03:26
At last some interest in anything MAS! For so long not many care to post anything on MAS.

Unfortunately it seems only some old hands remain interested. The newer generation of MAS pilots are just plain apathetic.

It's a change with foreign expertise in charge but I doubt that the mini Napoleons in the corridors of power will give him a free hand to run the show. I certainly hope to be proven wrong.:ugh:

jetjockey696
7th Dec 2014, 13:56
i guess there is a LOT of MAS aunties and grannies running around now.. worrying about there jobs..(well the pretend jobs. eg.supervisor of supervisior of toliet rolls etc):E

I hope Matsalleh CEO will last..longer than the famous CEO Iris Jala (did a good job of running MAS) but if he rubs the dato/datins the wrong way. i guess he be heading back to the emerald island pretty fast. Internal MAS mafia wants there fair share of the cut from the tax payers...

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
10th Dec 2014, 14:30
Hey there Charsiew Pau,

I wasn't alluding to incorporation but rather to the beginnings of the airline.

Secondly as bluntly as you so graciously put it I have to agree with what you said. But I do hope an iconic airline such as MAS is truly cleaned up. For your reference this is where it all began.

Scheduled air passenger and mail services in Malaya commenced in 1937 when Wearne's Air Service (WAS) commenced operating services between Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Penang. Wearne's Air Service was started by two Australian brothers, Theodore and Charles Wearnes. The service commenced as a thrice weekly flight between Singapore and Penang The first flight, using an 8-seater De Havilland DH.89A Dragon Rapide took place on 28 June 1937[12] This inaugural flight departed Singapore from the then brand-new Kallang Airport, which had just opened earlier in the same month on 12 June[13] Later a second D.H.89A enabled the expansion to daily services as well as the addition of Ipoh as a destination. The WAS services ceased with the onset of the World War II Japanese occupation of Malaya and Singapore.

Wooblah.

taufupok
12th Dec 2014, 19:30
11th Dec 2014 00:30
CAPTAIN WOOBLAH Hey there Charsiew Pau,

I wasn't alluding to incorporation but rather to the beginnings of the airline.

Secondly as bluntly as you so graciously put it I have to agree with what you said. But I do hope an iconic airline such as MAS is truly cleaned up. For your reference this is where it all began.

Scheduled air passenger and mail services in Malaya commenced in 1937 when Wearne's Air Service (WAS) commenced operating services between Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Penang. Wearne's Air Service was started by two Australian brothers, Theodore and Charles Wearnes. The service commenced as a thrice weekly flight between Singapore and Penang The first flight, using an 8-seater De Havilland DH.89A Dragon Rapide took place on 28 June 1937[12] This inaugural flight departed Singapore from the then brand-new Kallang Airport, which had just opened earlier in the same month on 12 June[13] Later a second D.H.89A enabled the expansion to daily services as well as the addition of Ipoh as a destination. The WAS services ceased with the onset of the World War II Japanese occupation of Malaya and Singapore.

Wooblah.

Well, I''d be gobsmacked! Are we dyslexic? I will keep this civil without any name calling.

The topic is about MAS and it's survival. MAS was incorporated in 1971 after Malaysia came into existence in 1963. The CEO ( GM, then ) runs the whole company. Jack bird was only the DFO. I need not elaborate further.:ugh:

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
13th Dec 2014, 05:29
Dear Charsiew Pau,

As your name suggests you are here to be confrontational. Perhaps you should check yourself for dyslexia or perhaps haemorrhoids!

If you want to be myopic drilling down to Huat Lye to stress your point to the Malays. Nobody is disputing that. But to forget how the airline began is also denial of the true history of the airline and it's beginnings. Which is something a bitter twisted little man as your goodself would no doubly be inclined to do.

I certainly wouldn't like to ever share a cockpit with an autocratic self propelled hateful, racially motivated traducer as you.

Furthermore the way you portray yourself here is on par with the radicals that want to take the world back to the 700th century. And the very ones you allude to be the dysfunctional element.

Wake up and smell the roses before you have an aneurysm.

Wooblah.

P.S You may have the last say on this as I really don't mind as I realise that you are fuelled and thrive on one-upmanship. :ugh:

essentialbus
13th Dec 2014, 08:06
As for Aer lingus, impressive figures. See here.

http://corporate.aerlingus.com/media/corporateaerlinguscom/content/pdfs/Q3_2014_Interim_Management_Statement.pdf

The German guy, as MAS new chief in waiting, brings solid credentials with him.
Off course, it is not solely his performance alone, but as CEO he did OK there.

Cheers
E.B.

datogu al MONA
14th Dec 2014, 03:27
Wtf Wooblah...you seem to be the confrontational one bringing race and all kinds of **** logic here. The topic in question is MAS, the national air carrier incorporated after Malaysia become an independent nation. :ugh:

320busdriver
14th Dec 2014, 09:27
Chill Wooblah:) why all the animosity, is this what happens to old ex MAS pilots after they retire :(
I happen to agree with a lot of your posts over the many years on pprune . I know the topic of MAS elicit a lot passion but really no need to be nasty,

chintanmanis
15th Dec 2014, 02:04
Ha ha ha, truly " kecil hati " syndrome at play here. When posts do not sing praises for his " great knowledge and love of J Bird " wooby flies off the cuckoo coop! Heather Cho ex- KAL VP comes to mind.

As a bumi, I take no offence at taufupuk's posts. I have been through enough to know, and I agree with his sentiments no matter how unpalatable they may be.

The German ex-Aer Lingus would do well to revamp all MAS divisions without fear or favour. If the government is really serious, he should have a free rein to turn around the company without interference from the little napoleons and the freeloaders.:ok:

essentialbus
16th Dec 2014, 11:15
In the mean time, back at the farm...

Jentayu laments Khazanah cancelling meeting to discuss MAS takeover - The Malaysian Insider (http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/jentayu-laments-khazanah-cancelling-meeting-to-discuss-mas-takeover)

Cheers
E.B.

scandicstar
17th Dec 2014, 05:45
Heard that 100+pilots will go along with the 6000 staffs. Probably the near retiree groups. Rumours that 3 X A380 exiting the system. Donno how true.

essentialbus
18th Dec 2014, 03:00
Meanwhile, more on the daring plan unfolding back at the farm.

Jentayu Danaraksa outlines its proposal for Malaysia Airlines - ch-aviation.com (http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/33736-jentayu-danaraksa-outlines-its-proposal-for-malaysia-airlines)

Brave or ignorant ? :E

And, you could wait for it, The Slap on the Wrist. http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/12/18/jentayu-went-against-basic-decorum/

Cheers
E.B.

Molokai
18th Dec 2014, 10:27
CAPTAIN WOOBLAH

Dear Charsiew Pau,

As your name suggests you are here to be confrontational. Perhaps you should check yourself for dyslexia or perhaps haemorrhoids!

If you want to be myopic drilling down to Huat Lye to stress your point to the Malays. Nobody is disputing that. But to forget how the airline began is also denial of the true history of the airline and it's beginnings. Which is something a bitter twisted little man as your goodself would no doubly be inclined to do.

I certainly wouldn't like to ever share a cockpit with an autocratic self propelled hateful, racially motivated traducer as you.

Furthermore the way you portray yourself here is on par with the radicals that want to take the world back to the 700th century. And the very ones you allude to be the dysfunctional element.

Wooblah.

P.S You may have the last say on this as I really don't mind as I realise that you are fuelled and thrive on one-upmanship.

Oh my, what an inciendary hissy fit!

I remember flying as a pax when the Malaysian flag carrier flew into HNL enroute to LAX in the early 90s. I boarded in TPE and I was invited to the flight deck for the landing. They had 2 gregarious pilots who called their flight the " 2 ton " operation as both the Captain and F/O had the same surname " Tan ". They joked about getting " hula " tan in the sun and we had their gorgeous upper deck stewardess mimicking a hula dancer.

It was an interrupted approach onto RW08L as an F15 became disabled on the runway; they had to break off to join visual left base for RW04R. It was a tight maneuver. The F/O was PF and as it was a left hand circuit, he kept bugging the captain to give him " visual radar vectors "...it was amazing and interesting how the 2 ton operation operated. Anyway, against all odds, they successfully completed that tight circuit spot on and the F/O pulled off a greaser onto the shorter runway!

Ahh, those wonderful pre 911 days when we got to enjoy eye opening experiences on the jump seat. The Malaysian inflight service was second to none in those days. True that I enjoyed better booze on SQ but Malaysian had that fine and natural not too overly sophisticated touch which was that much enjoyable on the medium to long haul flights.

I may be wrong but I think they grew too fast with little time for consolidation. Would to see them bounce back and ply the Pacific routes again!:ok:

Hassan Bok
18th Dec 2014, 21:28
Those must have been either SATan or Xavier as skipper and dynamite as F/O! 2 ton or 2 wanton ops?

Those were great days of fun and joy! Aloha!

perantau
19th Dec 2014, 10:54
Molokai

Spot on! Whilst SQ cabin service was very professional, the genuine warmth of the MH crew are what makes the miles go by easier.

Morale must be at an all-time low presently. Hope they can rise again.

totempole
24th Dec 2014, 19:08
It was an interrupted approach onto RW08L as an F15 became disabled on the runway; they had to break off to join visual left base for RW04R. It was a tight maneuver. The F/O was PF and as it was a left hand circuit, he kept bugging the captain to give him " visual radar vectors "

Not very professional were they? They should have carried out the full missed approach and re vectored for the other runway!:=

SpaceNeedle
24th Dec 2014, 19:40
It was an interrupted approach onto RW08L as an F15 became disabled on the runway; they had to break off to join visual left base for RW04R. It was a tight maneuver. The F/O was PF and as it was a left hand circuit, he kept bugging the captain to give him " visual radar vectors "...it was amazing and interesting how the 2 ton operation operated. Anyway, against all odds, they successfully completed that tight circuit spot on and the F/O pulled off a greaser onto the shorter runway!

It ain't that tight a circuit. Easily doable, no problema!:ok:
BTW, 04R is not short. It's 9000ft long!:ok:

Molokai
27th Dec 2014, 05:46
totempole

Quote:
It was an interrupted approach onto RW08L as an F15 became disabled on the runway; they had to break off to join visual left base for RW04R. It was a tight maneuver. The F/O was PF and as it was a left hand circuit, he kept bugging the captain to give him " visual radar vectors "
Not very professional were they? They should have carried out the full missed approach and re vectored for the other runway!

It was VMC with south easterly winds, and when they pulled up from the RW08L approach they were asked to join visual left base 04R if they had RW04R visual. They were and so they manually turned right to join left base. It was a perfectly controlled maneuver as they retracted flaps to 20 maintaining at about 600 ft. They had all their checks done and just had select final flaps at mid base.

The only thing was the skipper tried selecting ILS 04R but the copilot told him to forget it; just concentrate on his turns... to tell him when to turn onto finals because of the quartering winds. His demand for " visual radar vectors "snapped the captain out of his momentary heads down and they executed the visual manual maneuver onto RW04R very comfortably and the copilot made a wonderful landing.

SpaceNeedle
Quote:
It ain't that tight a circuit. Easily doable, no problema!
BTW, 04R is not short. It's 9000ft long!

9000ft may not be short for a B767 or B737, but they had a fully loaded B744 with lots of cargo..it was a combi if I remember right. So don't be a grinch!:ugh:

totempole
28th Dec 2014, 01:52
Well then, it would've been much easier had they just go for a side-step to land on Rwy 08R. 12000ft of concrete.:bored:

Molokai
28th Dec 2014, 06:12
When HNL tower ordered them to break off the approach, it was just before Camp HM Smith. They were told to turn right to join left base 04R if they had the runway insight. Both the pilots agreed that they had 04R in sight and they went for it!

RW08R was the departure runway with many aircrafts waiting for departure. They were not offered the side-step for 08R! If they were on the arm chairs in the retirement home " bunk flying ", they might have demanded to side-step for 08R!:ugh:

Teg Bahadur
29th Dec 2014, 20:50
Dear Charsiew Pau,

Wooblah.

P.S You may have the last say on this as I really don't mind as I realise that you are fuelled and thrive on one-upmanship.

What's the obsession with aussie Jack Bird? Don't ask, don't tell?

Lots of orang puteh expats those days ada budak simpan, you know!:E

bakutteh
29th Dec 2014, 23:59
essentialbus

In the mean time, back at the farm...

Jentayu laments Khazanah cancelling meeting to discuss MAS takeover - The Malaysian Insider

Cheers
E.B.

To the bolehland officialdom, Jentayu is toxic as it is linked to former MD Tan Sri Aziz. The liitle napoleons are not going to irritate the puppet master as Tan Sri Aziz had burnt all bridges after backing Ku Li in his contest against the puppet master almost 3 decades ago.

The puppet master has a very long memory and his black book is very up to date. The camel tried emulating him too with his black book in his hey days but then again the camel is mulish whereas the pupet master is brilliant.

Shintaro Abe
1st Jan 2015, 00:00
What's the obsession with aussie Jack Bird? Don't ask, don't tell?

Lots of orang puteh expats those days ada budak simpan, you know!

ROR...:ok:

Shintaro Abe
1st Jan 2015, 02:09
Molokai

When HNL tower ordered them to break off the approach, it was just before Camp HM Smith. They were told to turn right to join left base 04R if they had the runway insight. Both the pilots agreed that they had 04R in sight and they went for it!

RW08R was the departure runway with many aircrafts waiting for departure. They were not offered the side-step for 08R! If they were on the arm chairs in the retirement home " bunk flying ", they might have demanded to side-step for 08R!

Aloha Molokai...thank you for your posts.

However you committed the cardinal sin of heaping accolades on the 2 Malaysian pilots. It is a no no. The skygods will take you down! You can only pillory Asian pilots, never ever praise them. That seems to be their message to you. Mahalo!

Silver Tongued Cavalier
1st Jan 2015, 11:16
Mueller is the real deal.

Pity anyone who tries to bull**** him or cross him. He was a German Army Sergeant.

Office staff....Turn up for work on time , don't bunk off home early.

No one is safe.

A big big loss for Aer Lingus.

MAS will be turned around. He will be successful but there will be more pain.

CommanderRiker
3rd Jan 2015, 22:25
28th Dec 2014 03:12
Molokai When HNL tower ordered them to break off the approach, it was just before Camp HM Smith. They were told to turn right to join left base 04R if they had the runway insight. Both the pilots agreed that they had 04R in sight and they went for it!

RW08R was the departure runway with many aircrafts waiting for departure. They were not offered the side-step for 08R! If they were on the arm chairs in the retirement home " bunk flying ", they might have demanded to side-step for 08R!

That would be somewhere near the Honolulu Observatory where they would have been around 600-500ft on the glide! If they had hit TOGA, they would have their hands full maneuvering for the visual left base.

Years ago we had a so called ace botched a similar maneuver on a 767 pulling up just after the Barbers Point Golf Course. He hit toga and had a hard time managing the automatics after that. Even after clicking off george and arty, he overshot the whole jingbang visual eyeball thingy onto 04R. HNL probably had a good laugh and vectored him again for a wide right base 08L. I was the poor suffering F/O and we had a very sullen evening at red lobsters instead of the usual lively watering hole...'nuff said!:*

Langkasuka
4th Jan 2015, 08:12
Very lucky for the F/O to have had that manual visual approach! During those early B744 days, the F/Os hardly had any actual flying! There were so many new guys on line training that an F/O would be lucky to get a landing in 3 months or so.

Some had to get to the sim to maintain T/O & Ldg currency. HNL flights were so popular that mostly Hassan's and Khairy's blue eye boys got them often; for the rest, may be once a year.

MAS will survive but it will have to return to a leaner operation in its niche market. The kaka's exhortation to fly to the 6 continents to further his grandiose agenda was a big disaster that bedevil the national carrier ever since.:{

Babablackship
4th Jan 2015, 20:34
If they were on the arm chairs in the retirement home " bunk flying ", they might have demanded to side-step for 08R!

LOL, spot on!:ok::ok::ok:

Kentot Besar
7th Jan 2015, 00:16
Silver Tongued Cavalier

Mueller is the real deal.

Pity anyone who tries to bull**** him or cross him. He was a German Army Sergeant.

Office staff....Turn up for work on time , don't bunk off home early.

No one is safe.

A big big loss for Aer Lingus.

MAS will be turned around. He will be successful but there will be more pain.

I want to believe this. I sincerely hope the Irish Luck has rubbed on onto him. He surely has the work cut out for him with the unwieldy Malaise patronage system.