PDA

View Full Version : F50 startup in Indonesia

PropsAreForBoats
1st Jun 2002, 02:34
Any info regarding this company would be much appreciated. I don't even know the name of the airline, but I do think they already operate or have operated F27s, F28s and F100. Anyone?

PropsAreForBoats
5th Jun 2002, 12:48
The operations will be based i Medan, on Sumatra. Any info from foreign pilots who have worked/are working on contract in Indonesia is welcome.

ManaAdaSystem
11th Jun 2002, 19:10
Hi Prop,

A wild guess would be Merpati, at least they (used to?) operate F 28s. No more info than that, I`m afraid.

arba
11th Jun 2002, 23:49
Hi,Prop

The new CITILINK (Garuda Indonesia owned) operates F 28's(Mk-3000 & Mk 4000)
Don't know about recruitment though !
Good luck.:eek:

lizzard
17th Jun 2002, 18:15
Any Operators using Caravans around Indo? Any info would be greatly appreciated
1500 tt, 500 on type

Jim Faulks
23rd Jun 2002, 22:30
Hi Props,

This sounds like Pelita Air Service, They have had all the Fokkers at some time and are recently in process of getting several F50s. This is supposedly to replace some of their Dash Sevens which are approaching the big 20 yr corrosion control check.

If you don't know of them, they are the Aviation wing of Pertamina, the State owned Oil company.

Lizzard, a company called Travira has a Caravan on floats and has supposed to have just been awarded a contract with Newmont, a huge mine east of Bali. I think that is the only one in the country apart from the MAF in Papua.

Regs,
Jim

PropsAreForBoats
24th Jun 2002, 14:35
Thanks Jim, Pelita Air Service, that's it! Do you know anything about their operation? And when the 3 (i believe) F50s will be put to work? And any tips about working in Indonesia as a European are welcome.

Jim Faulks
28th Jun 2002, 20:19
Hi Props,

drop me a line at [email protected] I can give some background.

Regs Jim