PDA

View Full Version : EASA Coversion queries

bugsmasher79
27th Nov 2014, 07:42
About ten years ago i gained an FAA CPL/MEIR with CFI and chocked up 500 hrs before being forced to return to the UK for family reasons, I havent done a lot of flying since but am now thinking about getting back in the seat and am getting some really conflicting info that i am hoping can be cleared up here!..

I am heading to the States for a holiday early next year and will revalidate everything FAA then, pending my conversion. To convert i am looking at

1) bristol GS for Theory
2) conversion course by bartolini in poland or one of the schools in greece

I am hearing varied reports that my CPL must be done in UK and others saying that it is the IR component that must be done in the UK, can someone please clarify this?

Is it not possible to complete conversion training for all at bartolini and then apply to CAA for the issue of my UK based license?

starting to look simpler to marry and american and move to the states!!

All clarification gratefully recieved

BigGrecian
28th Nov 2014, 14:28
Is it not possible to complete conversion training for all at bartolini and then apply to CAA for the issue of my UK based license?

Yes it is possible.

However under ARA.FCL.205 examiners are required to be monitored and the UK CAA exercised their responsibility to do so.

Rumour has it though, that the CAA were not impressed with the standard of examining and as such the examiners in that area are no longer authorised to conduct testing on behalf of the UK CAA, and when you apply for designation of a CPL or IR skills test they will allocate a UK examiner not one of the Polish ones, so the school make you switch your medical to Poland or elsewhere.

bugsmasher79
28th Nov 2014, 16:27
what about Greece or even Florida how does the process work if you do all there as i see several fto's offering easa cpl/ir in florida ?

paco
28th Nov 2014, 19:14
The IR is a rating (not a licence) and as such can be done anywhere.