PDA

View Full Version : USA

CaesarChavez
27th Nov 2014, 03:26
It is time US members as a group, start thinking about resigning from the AOA.

Besides all the reasons we know about with this "negotiation" I sure as hell do not want the AOA representing me or negotiating on my behalf the terms of the onshoreing contract.

US members should all resign and start courting other Unions in the US who would better look after us.

airplaneridesrfun
27th Nov 2014, 18:16
Ok SK, thanks for the advice.... Divide and conquer?

CC starts soon. One week of CC will cost CX well more than the unions reasonable asking offer, which by the way was well below my minimum.

AOA Canada thinks you are a reasonable guy, which shows the state of their sanity.

bm330
27th Nov 2014, 22:05
Airplane

If you believe CC is management, then that's up to you.

The way things have been going around here, Compliance will never be initiated and the AOA has done more to split this union than the Company could have possibly imagined. There is no requirement for Company trolls when we have enough of our own.

CaesarChavez
28th Nov 2014, 01:59
Management? ME? Please..I have been around CX much longer than your 2009.

Any idea who Caesar Chavez was? I did not think so.

The AOA will not represent the USA guys. They don't care about the US guys. This is OBVIOUS.

4 driver
28th Nov 2014, 06:02
The AOA represents over 2000 pilots from many different bases and countries; all on different COS.
They also have the bulk of their crew here in HK and obviously are spread quite thin.
I'm sorry if you and your 150 American colleges feel ignored but the fact is that you are not special, and get as much attention per capita as most others.
The American FO's were not the only ones to take a paycut with COS '08....just the most vocal.
Start your union and I'm sure you can change the way Swires do business.

AQIS Boigu
28th Nov 2014, 06:12
You guys are dreaming; the AOA has neglected HKG members' needs the most - think about how much money/manpower has been spent on "based issues", onshoring et all. Perfect example is today's letter about CC in Europe.

Did/Do AOAA members actually pay union fees on their LSL income?

kenfoggo
28th Nov 2014, 09:48
4 driver- please engage brain before pressing the submit button. Of course the Americans are special. All our colleagues are special. " Everybody matters or nobody matters"- perhaps you did not play enough team sports at school which develop character.

goathead
28th Nov 2014, 10:50
Caesar
I so agree with you I'm going to resign, which one should we be signing with ?

CaesarChavez
28th Nov 2014, 10:56
I read BOTH my posts and I never said we were Special, did I? I think I sense a little resentment and/or insecurity.

My point is that USA guys interests would and will be served best elsewhere just like the Aussies and the Canadians.

Who should represent us? I do not know. I think the best way would be to chat with the various unions and see what they can offer.

I have said enough. It is just one man's opinion. And as my grandmother used to say "opinions are like a**holes, everyone's got one".

Good day

Oasis
28th Nov 2014, 13:15
United we stand, divided we fall.
Fracturing ourselves into oblivion is not the answer.
Many non Americans voted no in support of the American fo's getting effectively a paycut.

Sam Ting Wong
29th Nov 2014, 08:23
Isn't it inevitable anyway with on-shoring?