PDA

View Full Version : SACAA Airlaw exam

Low-bypass
26th Nov 2014, 22:19
Hi mates
i'm in the process of renewing my South african CPL which has lapsed 6 years ago as i currently fly under another licence,however i was to,d i need to reseat airlaw exam.I ws told that the database for the entire cpl exam was changed to EASA,my question is:has the airlaw also changed to EASA or is it the same south african airlaw exams still in place.Your inputs are valuable

unstable load
27th Nov 2014, 05:58
Get yourself onto an approved course, which will include the exam. Where are you based?

Low-bypass
28th Nov 2014, 12:04
I live in cameroon,i'm planing to be in joburg begining of january for 10 days.By approve course do you mean a groundschool?My plan is to go to any school and pay for private tuition for a couple of days and go write,do you think it's a good idea?

cavortingcheetah
29th Nov 2014, 19:25
Aviation law and flight procedures was the general thrust, as I remember, of the examination.
FTS at Grand Central had notes as did Babcock and also Aeronav Academy at Lanseria. Aeronav were in a position to arrange some ground coaching which made the difference.
Best of luck.

eph6
6th Dec 2014, 13:14
I'm also looking to sit the SA air law in January.
I have checked their website and it appears there is no schedule of exams for January.
Can the ATPL or CPL air law be completed as a walk in to Midrand or are we tied to the limited schedule?
Something worth considering is the closure period of the CAA over the new year. You have to prebook the exam as well. I'm not sure how much notice they require. I believe they reopen on the 12 th of January.
Would you think the Bristol EASA question bank based on their air law exam applicable and a worthwhile study aid. Appreciate any advice.

abezzi
6th Dec 2014, 19:55
They reopen 5th january

Mobotu
10th Dec 2014, 16:48
Aeronav have a new air law and procedures book - Read it Write it Pass it
This is the only sure way for the moment - enjoy

Low-bypass
17th Dec 2014, 22:47
Thanks very much mobotu i appreciate that.The aeronav book is it current? I was told that SACAA uses Jeppesen now as books

cavortingcheetah
18th Dec 2014, 04:47
Here are the current charts taken from the CAA website. I find the new site quite difficult to navigate but all the information is there if you spend enough time trying to find it. You can see for yourself and study at leisure!

Aeronautical Information (http://www.caa.co.za/Pages/Aeronautical%20Information/Aeronautical-charts.aspx)

and further on:

http://www.caa.co.za/Aeronautical%20Charts/O.R.%20Tambo%20INTL%20-%20FAOR/FAOR_ILS%20Z%20RWY%2003L_ILS-01%2010%20JAN%202013.pdf

Based on past experience with them, I would go to Aeronav and negotiate some one on one time if they'll still do it. Their boss man then was very knowledgeable and had a most direct teaching method which worked.

Rfortes
23rd Sep 2015, 19:50
Hello,
Is there anyone out there who recently done the SA Airlaw and Ops procedures exams?
I'm after the question bank and notes.
P

avionimc
7th Oct 2015, 20:32
questionbank.co.za

Best way to pass the exam!