PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter crash video - wanted

Thomas coupling
1st Jun 2002, 00:33
I'm doing a flight safety seminar and could do with some quality helicopter crash footage.
Anyone any ideas where I can find some - please?

Many thanks

widgeon
1st Jun 2002, 02:04
http://helimat1.free.fr/video/crashx2.mpeg

One of the scariest I have ever seen

Draco
1st Jun 2002, 08:17
There are several commercial air crash videos out. I admit I have bought two of them, I am sure that it says something deeply unpleasant about my character.

In them there are several helicopter crashes, such as the SAR Wessex losing tail rotor power in a high hover over the water.

There are also some clips of R22 crashes around - one where the R22 hits low wires and flips over, and a second where the rotors just stop and fold up with the inevitable (and fatal) consequences. There is also the fire brigade video of the crash site as they found it. I don't have a copy, and the last time I saw them was on a mountain flying course run by Brian Balman, one of the UK industry's finest pilots and characters. I have some contact details somewhere for him, or else get hold of him through Glenda Wild at Heliair Denham.

Email me through the profile if you would like to borrow the commercial vids and I'll put them in the post.

R

Thomas coupling
1st Jun 2002, 16:44
Widgeon your link doesn't want to open. I suspect I need a password???

widgeon
1st Jun 2002, 18:35
TC it is a very big file , it may take a while even with my cable connection it takes afew minutes.