PDA

View Full Version : Vueling

Mike_Harrison
25th Nov 2014, 17:48
Hi guys,

Where can I find info on Vueling recruitment?

Do they require a ICAO spanish diploma?

Thanks for your help

Mike_Harrison
26th Nov 2014, 11:18
Anyone?! Any info on the company please?

Delta_Charlie
26th Nov 2014, 12:17
Easy cake!
You should find all the information on their website :)

Spanish is a must and if you are not a Spanish citizen you need to pass the ICAO language proficiency test in Spanish (is available only the level 4). You can get it in Spain, just search an ICAO certified centre writing on Google. If you speak Italian is a plus. During their conference in Rome, they declared the intention to hire up to 60 italian pilots. Anyway... 300 "factorized" hours are required.
As far as I know this mean, for instance, 1 hour on a non-airline twin engine must be multiplied by 0.5 and A320 hours by 0.8, is getting always worst for poor cadets!

Good luck.

Griego
26th Nov 2014, 14:19
impossible to find info on ICAO Spanish test centers! it is not so easy so if you have a link of a center please post it here!

Delta_Charlie
26th Nov 2014, 17:17
Here you are:

SERVICIOS Y ESTUDIOS PARA LA NAVEGACIÓN AÉREA Y LA SEGURIDAD AERONÁUTICA S.A. (http://nivel4oaci.senasa.es/)

Que tengan suerte.

Griego
26th Nov 2014, 19:45
thanks! Delta_Charlie! I have been looking for this for very long!
Do you know if Vueling wants to see a certificate before selection?

seasexsun
26th Nov 2014, 22:00
The "italian quota" mentioned by their CEO is bullsh1t, they need spanish second officers for a 6 month contract, willing to pay TR in their partner TRTO. Their application forms require applicants to have a spanish national ID, foreigners are required to have a spanish resident number. Do not forget the magic enchufe, it helps a little bit because they have been inonded of applications. Expect max duty every day and ridiculous pay slip every months up until the end of your seasonal contract.

Delta_Charlie
27th Nov 2014, 07:24
I don't know if you have to upload the language certificate on their system, I applied without it, if required I will take it. I agree with seasexsun, so in my opinion it doesn't worth to travel to Madrid only to take the certificate, it's just other waste of money in this crazy market.

zondaracer
27th Nov 2014, 09:01
FTE Jerez does Spanish language certification up to level 6.

http://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/lang_castellano/cias_empresas/comp_linguistica/cecl/default.aspx

Delta_Charlie
27th Nov 2014, 10:06
ECAE (Evaluación para las Comunicaciones Aeronáuticas en Español)
should give maximum level 4, try to ask to FTE Jerez.

Griego
28th Nov 2014, 07:59
if you are contacted for the selection day - they add items to attach to your CV:
pilot licence, logbooks, medical, english AND Spanish certificate- so no escaping possible... as you say an other barrier which will cost money to jump over...

bbpil
29th Nov 2014, 16:51
Does anyone have relevant info about the selection process ?

As far as I know (I got invited for the first step) :
- (1) Prueba de conocimientos generales aeronáuticos
- (2) Pruebas de inglés
- (3) Psicotécnicos

I've heard that (1) is based on ACE mainly
(2) is quite easy apparently.
I have no clue about (3)... Anyone ? Any idea ?

Suerte a todos

Griego
29th Nov 2014, 20:44
no idea about the tests but I ll be going on the 12 as well.
Someone here who knows what is offered? Contract short term? Winters at home? x2, starting date? Pay for your own type rating?

Pelopes
5th Dec 2014, 12:59
I just honestly went to BCN one winter and learned Spanish there but I do not own any ICAO certificate for that matter...
Got invited for the interview as well! Does anyone know what language the whole interview will be spoken?

Good luck to you all :ok: ,

Fieldins
6th Dec 2014, 09:33
Have you applied without Spanish ICAO Level 4????

Holliwood
6th Dec 2014, 09:35
What the lady told me on the phone is that even the selection on 12 of December is in spanish and a level 4 is required by the second phase...

Anyone else has the same info?

Fieldins
6th Dec 2014, 09:37
oh... but is the technical interview in spanish? Or just the first general interview?

aloa326
6th Dec 2014, 13:36
oh... but is the technical interview in spanish? Or just the first general interview?
As far as I know both are in Spanish.

then they will check your English with a test and some questions in between of Spanish interview.

PS by the way, i don't see any surprise, all the requirements are clearly written on their website.

Pelopes
6th Dec 2014, 16:00
Nope... lady that called me didn't even ask me for one. Do you hold one?

aloa326
7th Dec 2014, 04:31
Hi,

These are the requirements stated on Vueling website:
Licencia de piloto CPL o PTLA EASA FCL o JAR FCL.
Certificado Médico Clase I.
Competencia lingüística en inglés Nivel 4.
Competencia lingüística en castellano Nivel 4 (solo para nacionalidades diferentes a la española).
Dominio del idioma inglés y español. Se valorará conocimiento del idioma italiano.
Nacionalidad Europea.
Experiencia proporcional a la edad y debidamente acreditada (mínimo 300 horas factorizadas según Convenio Colectivo Vueling Pilotos).

Even if the girl didnt ask you, you should have a certificate for aviation English and Spanish.

Basically all the assestment is based in Spanish language, a part from English test and at the interview some English will come up.

I hold the certificate for the level 4 in Spanish ICAO.

Holliwood
7th Dec 2014, 06:36
The lady who i talked to dismissed my application cause even this selection was in spanish and it is required by the second stage to have level 4 written on the license.

Pelopes
7th Dec 2014, 10:23
Holiwood,

When after the call did she dismiss your application?

Delta_Charlie
7th Dec 2014, 12:55
A reminder for low hour pilots.

Vueling flight hours factorization it is reads as follows:

- Single Engine x0.3
- Multiprop x0.5
- Twin Engine Turboprop x0.65
- Jet x 0.80

Another regulation to support the "Pay To Fly"...

Good luck!

Griego
7th Dec 2014, 16:47
Hi,

could you tell the levels and pay you reach with this factorisation?

ex. 2500hrs factorized is level 4... ???

iggy
8th Dec 2014, 03:26
If I recall correctly, a DFO will join VLG on the lowest level and payscale regardless of his flight time. At least this is what I read on the B.O.E.

Waiting to stand corrected.

seasexsun
8th Dec 2014, 09:06
Peanuts and vaseline, living the dream!

Delta_Charlie
8th Dec 2014, 10:28
Guys, I don't know if it is the last version but here you have a link to read the Collective Agreement of Vueling, where you can find factorization parameters and levels. Enjoy......

http://www.galicia.ccoo.es/comunes/recursos/11/doc26399_Vueling_Airlines,_SA_(Pilotos).pdf

Griego
8th Dec 2014, 13:55
Thanks Delta Charlie!

Is this selection for a temporary contract or fix contract? Nothing about it in your document.

Delta_Charlie
8th Dec 2014, 15:42
I don't know but they used to offer a 6 months contract and then, God know...

skyair
9th Dec 2014, 08:35
It will be a temporary contract, at least it was last years.

You pay your type if you do not have it yet to work from april to september/november. In the low season you leave the company but they will call you again for the next high season, if they need you.

Hope it helps!

wind check
9th Dec 2014, 10:39
Slavery

Slavery is a legal or economic system under which people are treated as property.[1] Though laws and systems vary, as property, slaves may be bought and sold. Slaves can be held from the time of their capture, purchase or birth, and deprived of the right to leave, to refuse to work, or to demand compensation. Historically, slavery was institutionally recognized by most societies; in more recent times, slavery has been outlawed in all countries, but it continues through the practices of debt bondage, serfdom, domestic servants kept in captivity, certain adoptions in which children are forced to work as slaves, child soldiers, and forced marriage.[2] Slavery is officially illegal in all countries, but there are still an estimated 20 million to 36 million slaves worldwide.[3][4][5] Mauritania was the last jurisdiction to officially outlaw slavery (in 1981/2007), but about 10% to 20% of its population is estimated to live in slavery.[6][7]

Slavery has existed before written history and has existed in many cultures.[8] Most slaves today are debt slaves, largely in South Asia, but also in Europe, working at Ryanair, Vueling, Wizzair and Volotea, as flaps operators who are under debt bondage incurred by lenders, sometimes even for generations.[9] Human trafficking is primarily used for forcing women and children into sex industries.[10]

Griego
9th Dec 2014, 20:53
Largely exaggerated wind check! If you don t want to be in vueling you don t have to be there. If you have debts it will be sufficient to work a few years and then go somewhere with better pay specially with an Airbus rating.
The question is of they will continue with this no flying in winter or keep people working. Apparently some could continue from last year s selection.

seasexsun
10th Dec 2014, 09:05
I am in another spanish airline but from what I heard, at the selection day the guys clearly says it is a temporary contract with no guaranty to be taken back on the next summer season and he also advice that if you have a family to feed or mortgage to pay back then you'd better stand up and go home before even take the tests because although people can see a "nice" vueling shiny airbus, they will work hard, long duties and very bad roster, but the worse comes to very very bad salary that makes life very difficult. Barcelona is not a cheap place anymore, lots of russian, chineese and other people with cash that make good business and renting a decent flat for less than 1000 euros (65% of vueling cadets salary in summer) is just impossible. The only option is to shsre a flat with another 3 poor people, like erasmus student do, or go to the outside the city in gipsy places like Badalona or Casteldefells.
Really it is a worse deal than Wizzair or Ryanair, except BCN or FCO base better than polish ****ty places, Vueling is not a good deal at all, but this is my own opinion.

By the way, last year apparently many people failed their test. If what I heard is true there will be other "convocatoria" dates in January and february. At least.

beachbumflyer
10th Dec 2014, 18:54
griego, if pilots keep selling their souls like this there won't be somewhere to go with better pay. Don't you get it?

acoelho
1st Jan 2015, 11:01
Any news? Has anyone been called for the second stage of the recent Vueling assessment?

bbpil
3rd Jan 2015, 05:52
Hi,
I have been called (interview on the 15th of january). A friend of mine has been called for the 22th.
No more info so far.
Good luck

Griego
4th Jan 2015, 10:52
Hi,
I have been called as well for the 22nd.
Any idea about the next steps? Do rated people still have to do a simcheck?

seasexsun
4th Jan 2015, 18:54
Seems that they're calling out everybody. They will select the right candidates on their ability to pay an A320 rating and work like a slave in summer for a temporary contract. The 1st stage of this ridiculous "selection process" was an "aeronautical knowledge" with questions like: who is the chairman of Vueling?; what is the callsing?, What airlines do codeshare with Vueling?, :p

Guys, why don't you try Wizzair or Ryanair?? You'll get the same amount of peanuts each month but at least you will get some job during winter!!!

aloa326
8th Jan 2015, 18:07
hi Folks,

I am wondering if someone has received a "NO EMAIL" or still waiting like me with no info since 12th of December.

Thanks
Aloa

aloa326
21st Jan 2015, 21:56
So none......a lot of scared people😁

Delta_Charlie
22nd Jan 2015, 08:25
What is the average total flight time of people assessed by Vueling, any low hour cadet?

Puce
5th Feb 2015, 17:14
Did anyone pass the second stage yet for Vueling? How did the interview go? Did they inform you about what they will offer? And does anyone know already if they can go to the third stage?

Mike_Harrison
20th Feb 2015, 17:37
From what I have heard they prefer now pilots with some experience.

Less time with an instructor you see...
Lower costs...
They save money..

Carbon Brakes 300
21st Feb 2015, 07:00
.....and you better brush up on your italian, the base is Rome:sad:

farfallina
24th Feb 2015, 09:24
What about the conditions of cabin crew based in FCO? and the assessment day?

acoelho
25th Feb 2015, 19:25
This Will be the last week they are doing applicants for the 2nd stage

Mike_Harrison
25th Feb 2015, 19:52
Guys,

I was told that the 2nd phase interviews will end on the 27th of Feb.

Good luck

Mike_Harrison
26th Mar 2015, 17:40
Well guys, from what I have heard, it seems like Vueling gave preference to the Spanish candidates that passed the 1st stage of the process...

Bjarte
5th Sep 2015, 13:57
New routes S16:

Barcelona - Eindhoven 4x/week
Barcelona - Maastricht 2x/week

Especially Maastricht is a very risky destination! This 2 airports are only 85 kilometers from each other.

rodri-mkxx
18th Sep 2015, 13:37
hello,
I got the invitation for the 20-10 ab BCN.
Anybody knows wich type of test are waiting for me?
thanks

HFLY
18th Sep 2015, 15:02
Hello all
any news from the vueling selection procedures?
many thanks to anyone can help us.
b.r.:O

seasexsun
18th Sep 2015, 15:09
The only one who can really help you is your bank director, when you will explain him you want to pay 25000€ (joc and TR included) for a 4-5 months contract paid lower than an easyjet cabin crew. ;)

rodri-mkxx
19th Sep 2015, 14:32
Helle seasexsun,

Trank you for your Comments. But they really don't help us at all.
I need to know how the convocatoria is working, tests, etc.
And any data of a contract with Vueling. I have seen at ppjn that they want 17000€ for a rating and not 25K
I don't think that they handle cadets and pilots in the same way. They want 300 factorized flight hours and if you look at the conversion table, will you see that they take only 0,5 of a Biz jet hour, and 0 of SEP and MEP.
That's means, there ist not a lot of pilots with this experience WHO are looking for a job.

seasexsun
20th Sep 2015, 15:37
I dont work for Vueling, I work for Air Europa. However I have lots of friends at VY.

With hotel, food, transport, etc your TR will indeed cost you 25000 euros and of course they will not pay you. You will be treated like everybody else, sumer contact with a low basic wage and then you will have to look for another income source during winter as they will say "adeu". Yes they are looking for alot of pilots but in winter they don't need them at all.
There are a lot of people with experience looking for those jobs, dont think that you are alone!! I have 2 friends on B777 emirates, one is captain, and they both would take a fo job at ryanair if they get the base of their choice.
If you are from germany i would rather apply to germanwings or eurowings, they are looking for pilots and the deal is better.
Good luck.

aloa326
21st Sep 2015, 08:43
Hi all,

Seasexsun you work for Aireuropa and we are very happy for you, but stop posting useless and boring post.

Regarding Vueling assestment:
You can expect theoretical test with 100 questions regarding the Company, meteo, rvsm, ATPL and legislation.

English test (quite easy), psichotechnic test, interview and sim assestment on A320.

Regarding the hours for SEP you can count only the hours flown alone..for example during hours building factorized for 0.3 and for MEP you have to look at the table Nonairline/multiengine and factorized accordingly, so are not zero!!

Regarding the selection in Vueling, there are two type of profiles High and Low experience. Between them there is no competition, i explain, Vueling sets a number of High and Low experiences candidates according to the expansion plan, so they will not call only guys with 777 experience!!!

Aloa

HFLY
21st Sep 2015, 09:55
Aloa 326
Many thanks for your help
do you know how many days get the selection and the location in BCN?
thanks

Ps any news on the A 320 ???

HFLY
21st Sep 2015, 10:04
Hello Rodry
did receive the phone call from vueling ?
I'am looking for travel and hotel .

aloa326
21st Sep 2015, 10:10
Aloa 326
Many thanks for your help
do you know how many days get the selection and the location in BCN?
thanks

Ps any news on the A 320 ???

Hi Hfly,

Usually takes 3 days and not in a row....the assestment could be in the Vueling building or in a close bigger pavilion.

Aloa

Atomo
21st Sep 2015, 10:58
Got the invitation for the first process in BCN.

Will start to study a bit the ACE.. :P

HFLY
21st Sep 2015, 14:08
anyone received the phone call ?
please post any usufull information

Greenlights
21st Sep 2015, 14:35
Salary is 1000e per month right ?
if someone can confirm it... and if it works well for the airline.
So I can propose to pay our FO's the same then :E
what about the OPC, uniform and food on board ?
thanks

Atomo
21st Sep 2015, 17:13
no call received yet for me.. english or spanish call ?

Southpole
22nd Sep 2015, 01:37
Greenlights,

Base salary is maybe as low as 1000 euros for cadet pilots who in the vast majority pay to fly. It surely works well for the airline but if you just hear how its employees talk about their own airline you would be scared to hell.... Union is permanently at war. I am not sure this business model would work anywhere else but in Spain and some other third world European countries (south Europe)

Atomo,

I was told Spanish is mandatory.

HFLY
22nd Sep 2015, 09:53
Hello
Atomo
I suppose could be in spanish
for other info the spanish level 4 is mandatory before the contract not at the selection !!! as like as write on the pilot selection page !!
so if you pass the selection .. it's up to you ... study spanish and you can go ;)
b.r.

papazulu
22nd Sep 2015, 13:59
I got an invitation too but I am really uneasy...that money and those T&Cs are not worth the journey, not for someone who is not longer a 250hrs-guy.

I am not in an airline but I can safely say I would get a 60% pay-drop and an even worse lifestyle than the one I have right now, unless the figures are better for experienced (albeit factorized hours) guys. The 320 is a nice TR to have and self-sponsoring it with a job at the end makes sense especially in the age of P2F line-training but on that cash I can't see much difference, at least on year one...

Anyone with reliable information?

Suerte

PZ :*

rodri-mkxx
22nd Sep 2015, 17:01
hello HFLY,
soryy for my lateness..no not yet. I will inform you.
the questions are tricky or they are only basics? my theory is at least 4 years old.. :(

and are they multi choice or you may have to write something?

saludos ! ciao! bye!

rodri-mkxx
22nd Sep 2015, 17:05
Any concret information abput the contract??
in PPJN there a pay scale--startin from 1050-1400€ a month. What about the per diem pays?? the sector starts at 35€ until 115€...are they comming on top??? and the alst one...are this salaries gross or Net??

Self Sponsoring TR make only sense if you get at least 2-3 years job.

I am waiting for the call...For what is the call??? :rolleyes:

HFLY
23rd Sep 2015, 07:06
Hello Rody
Dont warry I'am an old pilot and my theory is much more older than you :(

I'm waything for the call and I would like to have more info specially for the travel tiket...

I hope they are looking for experienced pilot in commercial aviation without type ratings and anyway for me if there's no contract i cant spand money for TR I have family and here there are no job in general aviation ... company has so many pilot in lay off or in stand by so...

I thinck we really need to pass this selection we are 37 old so now or never ;)
PS no call for now if they call i write asap all news
thanks at all

rodri-mkxx
23rd Sep 2015, 09:52
If you want, you can buy on Amazon the book ATPL notes collection. It only costs 24€ for kindle (you can get the app in the App Store too)
I am reading it, it isn't to bad. And RVSM you can get a scrip from eurocontrol.

I am in the same situation as you..no contract, no pay for a TR.

Until now, no call.

Io parlo anche l'italiano. Si tu vuoi fame un mail a [email protected]. cuando vai a BCN?
Saluti

Hello Rody
Dont warry I'am an old pilot and my theory is much more older than you :(

I'm waything for the call and I would like to have more info specially for the travel tiket...

I hope they are looking for experienced pilot in commercial aviation without type ratings and anyway for me if there's no contract i cant spand money for TR I have family and here there are no job in general aviation ... company has so many pilot in lay off or in stand by so...

I thinck we really need to pass this selection we are 37 old so now or never ;)
PS no call for now if they call i write asap all news
thanks at all

JACK14
25th Sep 2015, 13:15
Hi Guys I have some question.
It looks like all europeans can apply but on the application page they require NIF/NIE ... what about people without theese numbers ??
Candidates with airline previous experience should pay their type rating before join the company or the company will pay for them ??

Thanks
J

HFLY
28th Sep 2015, 07:04
Hello
Jack
yes you need the nif/nie number. for type rating and cost I dont now anythings abouth .. they are screening experienced pilot so for the convertion factor you need to have at least more than 1000h PIC ...
we go and if we are luky to pass we see wath will be the deal :)

PS any news abouth the phone call ???
:ugh:

HFLY
29th Sep 2015, 08:49
Don't study to mach ....
anyone have some news ??
no phone call for now ... and you ?
ps rodry i sand to you an email

JACK14
29th Sep 2015, 16:15
So it means that if you are not spanish or resident in Spain , you can not apply , right ????

HFLY
30th Sep 2015, 07:03
You should be european ... any european country as the nif/nie number ....
the level 4 of spanish is mandatory ...

Atomo
5th Oct 2015, 14:10
Received today the selection process and the location.

El proceso de selección consistirá en las siguientes fases:

Bienvenida
Prueba de conocimientos generales aeronáuticos
Pruebas de inglés
Psicotécnicos

Aeronave 11
5th Oct 2015, 14:29
Hello Atomo,

did they sent you these informations via mail or by phone? If by phone, the call has been in spanish or english?
Thanks in advance

Atomo
6th Oct 2015, 06:03
Hello Atomo,

did they sent you these informations via mail or by phone? If by phone, the call has been in spanish or english?
Thanks in advance

Via mail in spanish.

RG-78
6th Oct 2015, 07:19
Hello Atomo!
you must have a Level of spanish if you want to go in.

@all: any News about Salary and contarct?? the most important now...what is comming in the test? only ATPL Basics? or like ATPL Exams?? :)
regards!

PS: No call, no Email...very strange...

JohanP
6th Oct 2015, 07:58
Got the same email as Atomo yesterday!

Obviously, it is not mandatory to have the Spanish proficiency language for the 1st phase of assessment. You can get it later...

From what I understood, there will be no call but we do have a number to call them if we have any questions.

Atomo
6th Oct 2015, 08:26
Same for me , don't have the nivel 4 yet. i'll pass the exam in case of good results.

Aeronave 11
6th Oct 2015, 20:09
Ok, I also received the mail from vueling... Now, in the documentation upload area on the website, is requested to upload "competencia linguistica espanol"! Without it the system doesn't accept the upload of the other requested documents... This would mean that spanish level 4 is mandatory also for the first stage???

JohanP
7th Oct 2015, 07:12
Instead I uploaded a word document saying that i will get the nivel 4 later... In my opinion, this is simply administrative. The most important is to get that nivel 4 by the time you start flying with them, why before?

Atomo
7th Oct 2015, 07:55
johan P

I did the same thing for the level 4. So see you in few days :)

Aeronave 11
7th Oct 2015, 11:05
Really thanks guys! Do you know, in case of positive result at the first stage, how long time it will pass for the second stage and then for the sim assessment?

aviamark
7th Oct 2015, 12:29
Hello to everyone!

As all the communication with Vueling is in Spanish, what do you think... Will we get the ATPL questions "Prueba de conocimientos generales aeronáuticos" in English or in Spanish?

I mean, getting a Level 4 after the process is no problem, answering ATPL questions in Spanish will certainly be one for me.

Atomo
7th Oct 2015, 12:57
according to feedbacks, the atpl test is in english and some questions are in spanish. If it's a multi choice question it would be great.

Anyone knows something more about the test ?

seasexsun
7th Oct 2015, 14:19
madre mia pero que clase de gente tenemos aqui :confused::yuk::yuk:

FLYALIYA
8th Oct 2015, 10:40
I have an assessment on the 20th...anyone else going?

mark-one
9th Oct 2015, 09:10
Hi,

since I had applied, I received the convocation email fo the 2oth in Barcellona.

But now, reading your posts but even I applied Iha this doubt , I've understood that this position in for seasonal contract with a basic salary of 1000/1400 Euros!!!

Who are able to confirm this rumors?

Thanks

vikdream
9th Oct 2015, 15:31
I have been reading this thread for a while and guys this is getting a bit too silly. As somebody said before, the conditions are on the Internet, "Boletín Oficial del Estado".

Even if you should have a minimum level of Spanish, I understand the situation and I have found it for you:

https://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2015/07/15/pdfs/BOE-A-2015-7949.pdf

Basically, salaries are as follows for level E (you need 1500h factorized hours to get into the higher one, not that is much better).

Mainly for level E:

Basic salary (annual): 11244E
Monthly hours above 55: 14EUR
Imaginaria (24h home standby): 56,06EUR
Airport standby: 28,03EUR
National daily per diems: 52EUR
International daily per diems: 92EUR

That is obviously before tax. You do the maths guys. That's the truth and I wish you the best, but remember it is a summer contract, laid off for the winter, then maybe you will come back. No base is guaranteed and certainly they will move you around. TR is around 20.000EUR.

These are the facts. Not going to say what I think about them but if you were astonished by the 1000EUR a month basic salary well, it is true (it's even less actually). Even on level 5 it only goes up to 14900EUR basic per year. No sick pay, if you are sick, 900EUR after tax at the best in your pocket. If you get Barcelona it is not as expensive as it used to be but you will struggle with 900EUR if debt free, let alone European bases.

Not going to talk about morale and lifestyle because I only want to do facts and because the ones not impressed by their conditions are not going to be impressed by other things.

Good luck if you carry on, most of you will and Vueling will be very grateful.

FLYSWAN
22nd Oct 2015, 08:02
Hola Que tal os han salido las pruebas??

Han empezado a llamar para la segunda fase?

CALLE13
22nd Oct 2015, 20:14
Si,

las primeras entrevistas personales y dinamicas de grupo para el dia 3 de Noviembre. Me acaban de llamar...

AF dreamer
25th Oct 2015, 20:17
Sabéis si hay otras personas que han sido llamados para entrevistas en noviembre ? He oído que ya había 100 personas llamadas. Pero no es una información oficial.

FLYSWAN
28th Oct 2015, 18:39
This topic has gone very quiet. :(

JeyFromLFMT
31st Oct 2015, 00:17
yep... :hmm: lot of people when help is needed but nobody to have some kind of feedback...

drag king
31st Oct 2015, 12:19
I was at another venue in the UK last week, met a Spaniard which was in BCN too. When I mentioned the gossip that goes around here (Stage II booked for Nov 3rd...) he was a bit surprised. He said he attended previous year's selection with VLG and calls went on for months after so I am not sure it will be that clear cut they promised by Nov 2015, when Stage II will be completed.

With 800+ sitters for 200 places I guess it's pointless to hold your breath.

Suerte

DK :ok:

Atomo
31st Oct 2015, 18:17
No news from my side and i'm pretty sure no one have been invited for the next coming process. 4 of my friends , spanish and french whose experiences are really different, no one had any news too...

Wait and see.

drag king
3rd Nov 2015, 22:30
Well...I got news, good ones. At least the trip to BCN wasn't just for the stroll on the Rambla! :}

Has any no-Spanish speaker got their ECAE sorted yet? The invitation to stage 2 says the original certificate with Level 4 stamped is needed, however my understanding is that it's needed just before signing a contact.

Suerte

DK :ok:

Keepittight
4th Nov 2015, 23:00
Hi man,

Congratulations!! I got mine in summer at Jerez FTE, they are really nice and they got everything done really fast! You also have SENASA/Adventia, they are my former school they are also great but they will be though and maybe a bit more off hassle.
I don't know your level of Spanish but I'm spanish and I thought it was pretty hard going! Good luck!
CAA stupidly don't endorse the ICAO in your licence but with the certificate it should work!

Supersonic2000
15th Nov 2015, 15:20
Good afternoon guys,

Does anybody now if there are interviews taking place in Barcelona?
I participated to the assessment day on the 20th of October, but still no
feedback from the company as to if I have passed or failed. Anyone else
out there on a similar status?
Also today I noticed on Vueling's web page, that the company is hiring
in Italy and there is an assessment day on the 3rd of December in Rome(copiloti 2016)
But isn't this what we all have applied for already? :confused: Is there anyone
who could shed some light as to what is going on?

Thanks

Lightheart
16th Nov 2015, 21:25
I understand that interviews have already commenced. Don't worry if you haven't been contacted yet. During the assessment they did say that it might take them until mid-December to get back to you. If you haven't heard by then you can assume an unsuccessful outcome (provided they keep to their schedule).

Patience. If it's meant to be for you, it will be. Have faith and trust the process of life.

lilixfly
26th Nov 2015, 12:56
hello !
I've been contacted to attend the assessment day in paris on december 10th, do you know if the tests and the interview are in english or in spanish ? Any feedback concerning the technical test ?
thanks !

FLYSWAN
27th Nov 2015, 07:38
Interviews are in english AND spanish.

Spanish language is an absolute requirement to join Vueling.

drag king
27th Nov 2015, 11:14
Interviews are in english AND spanish.

Negative, u might be (gently) tested at the end of the interview or asked if u have a plan on how to achive ES ICAO Level 4 but that's it. No thorough testing at all.

Spanish language is an absolute requirement to join Vueling.

Utter rubbish, it ain't VLG's requirement but rather a Spanish CAA's one. And the requirement is (as said above) to achieve ICAO Level 4, not full proficiency.

Suerte

DK :cool:

aloa326
27th Nov 2015, 11:16
Negative, u might be (gently) tested at the end of the interview or asked if u have a plan on how to achive ES ICAO Level 4 but that's it. No thorough testing at all.

Utter rubbish, it ain't VLG's requirement but rather a Spanish CAA's one. And the requirement is (as said above) to achieve ICAO Level 4, not full proficiency.

Suerte

Thats correct.
Aloa

FLYSWAN
27th Nov 2015, 11:28
In that case I wonder why Volotea (for instance) is not asking the spanish ICAO level 4, after all it is also a spanish airline which depends on spanish DGAC. ;)

aloa326
27th Nov 2015, 11:40
In that case I wonder why Volotea (for instance) is not asking the spanish ICAO level 4, after all it is also a spanish airline which depends on spanish DGAC. ;)

I am wondering also...few years ago I was in contact with a small Spanish charter operator (flight line) and they asked me for the same certificate....

Aloa

FLYSWAN
27th Nov 2015, 11:50
Nothing to wonder at my friend, that's only an airline policy.
Air Europa normally requires a kind of spanish TOEIC, but all other spanish airlines do not require any of those document, pero claro, si que hay que hablar el castellano :ok:

drag king
27th Nov 2015, 12:27
pero claro, si que hay que hablar el castellano

Vale, yo lo hablo bastante bien! A Veces pue ser que parece un poco "tonto" y todavia si puede preguntar for un bocadillo y una cerveza...venga!

DK :}

aloa326
27th Nov 2015, 14:43
Nothing to wonder at my friend, that's only an airline policy.
Air Europa normally requires a kind of spanish TOEIC, but all other spanish airlines do not require any of those document, pero claro, si que hay que hablar el castellano :ok:

I am not wondering entonces ;)

As I said Flightline asked me this ECAE certificate to sign a contract with them.

Than I found interesting the REAL Decreto 241/2009.

Aloa

Alpedimera
28th Nov 2015, 19:22
if I am not mistaken in the real secrets is not mentioned that is mandatory to speak Spanish, just that in Spain you will be endorsed only with English and in case Spanish.
In vueling, just some years ago some genius (because Spanish is not mandatory for the Spanish legislation.. Always if nothing changed) wrote on the operation manual that the languages in vueling were two, English And Spanish.
At this point , that CAA asked vueling how they could check the Spanish language proficiency of his pilots.. Since at the time there was not a single approved Spanish center approved for aviation in Spain.

And vueling started some ridiculous internal exams, later on those exams, that did not have any reason to exist had to be repeated in an approved center. It was SENASA in Madrid. (Even though they were held in the vueling offices for most of the foreign pilots by SENASA examiners)

It sounded all a macho operation that costed money and had no point.
The only level assigned to foreign pilots was 4, because no other level was assigned and the exams were still at the beginning.. So in theory they should have been repeated after some years, but nothing.

aloa326
29th Nov 2015, 10:41
The Real Decreto says that a pilot to exercise privilege in a commercial airplane has to know English and the language of the State and in this case Spain.

I don't know if I am the only one that as realized that in Greece Aegean Air asks greek..all the company in Swiss,Germany,Austria have been asking German since forever.

As personal opinion, this is completely wrong as suppose a big barrier, but nothing we can do.

Aloa

Ps last Iberia pilot assestment they were asking for Spanish level 6.

Alpedimera
29th Nov 2015, 19:04
Airlines can set any requirements they want.. Once I read the real decreto but I could only understand that English was mandatory and Spanish would be the only other language endorsed on the license. Meaning that in Spain they won't endorse French for example.

aloa326
29th Nov 2015, 19:20
El requisito de competencia lingüística, que se introduce en todas las licencias, salvo en las de piloto de planeador, de globo libre y en la de mecánico de a bordo, se establece para aumentar la seguridad en operaciones que requieran el uso de la radiotelefonía. La capacidad para comunicarse en el idioma empleado por la estación terrestre, que puede ser el del Estado o el inglés, más allá del uso de frases normalizadas, resulta esencial para la transmisión y el entendimiento correctos de las órdenes o comunicaciones entre los controladores y los pilotos.

This Part belonging to the Real Decreto is talking about languages requirements.

It has been written in an ambiguous manner, first is talking about a requirement, than using "o" for discerning between English and State language that in our case is Spanish.
I believe that everyone is interpreting it as they prefer/want...

Aloa

Alpedimera
14th Dec 2015, 19:29
Yes it is ambiguous, in my personal interpretation I do not see any mandatory call for the Spanish language. Just it is mentioned that it can be used.
For what I know, after the change in the operation manual , vueling was required by Aena to prove that all its pilots would then be able to speak Spanish.

so, is the level 4 or 5 need to be renewed every tot years? I mean also the Spanish one? At the time I did it they were not allowed to give more than 4.

aloa326
14th Dec 2015, 21:01
Good question about renewal...I have to check because right now I don't know.

Regarding level 5/6 I believe that in Senasa they can release only level 4, but in Jerez are allowed to give 5 or 6.

I will ask then will be back...this a interesting matter also because others Company are asking for level 5/6 in Spanish.....

Aloa

pkos
16th Dec 2015, 13:15
Still waiting the final confirmation letter after finishing the simulator screening (with a pass according the examiner)...

Is any body else in the same situation? I know that last friday (and monday possible) they sent these emails... so, I don't know what to think... :confused:

seasexsun
16th Dec 2015, 14:38
Alpedimera, you probably mean DGAC, not AENA.

drag king
23rd Dec 2015, 15:10
Still waiting the final confirmation letter after finishing the simulator screening (with a pass according the examiner)...

Is any body else in the same situation? I know that last friday (and monday possible) they sent these emails... so, I don't know what to think...

The result of each stage of the 3-step-process, starting with the > 850-invited to the BCN's event in Oct was acknowledge within a week for me.

Sim carried out on a saturday, positive result & welcome-on-board-email sent the next friday.

Notwithstanding the T&Cs or whatever opinion one has of the airline I can only praise the whole team for the organization so far.

Anyone looking at starting their HT course in CAE MAD any time soon?

Suerte

DK :)

JeyFromLFMT
30th Dec 2015, 06:17
I agree, great organization for such recruitments.

HT February 1st for me. What about you?

drag king
30th Dec 2015, 09:46
HT February 1st for me. What about you?

Same slot, looking for accommodation & transportation options now...

Frequent Traveller
11th Jan 2016, 10:02
News are circulating about successful deployment of EuroConnector under the Leadership of Chris Nielen ... weblinks are welcome to learn more about Vueling's line payfreight fiesta : where, how, when, statistics, freight rates, tonnage ... and whether the current focus onto scheduled line freight will influence aircraft type selection ?

One conversion factor is of some importance to me : how much does revenue for one full AKH container (vol 127 cuft/MGW 1,134 kg) of payfreight on sector intra-Europe AAA-BBB represent in equivalence vs N passengers paying the YCff = full-fare Economy-class ticket on said sector AAA-BBB ?

Examples of possible answers : 1 AKH pays the equivalent of 10 pax YCff ?

Inputs from initiated Vueling followers would be appreciated ? :rolleyes:

Frequent Traveller
18th Jan 2016, 09:59
Oye, amigos ... puse un comentario con una pregunta, véase el post antérior ... pero nadie me ha contestado ??

Es así que la costumbre aquí será de dejar la gente sin atenderles ? O quizá en este Forum Español nadie comprende el Inglés ?

Reitero mi pregunta en castellano, pués ... yo soy Noruego, pero com diven, tots els noruecs sherran mallorquí ... hay alguién en este foro que sabe algo de EuroConector, en particular, los precios praticados sobre trayecto aaa-bbb en Europe, vs precio del billete Y-class full fare para dicho trayecto aaa-bbb ? Me interesa conocer el factor de conversión de los ingresos por contenedor AKH (127 cuft - 2,500 lbs MGW) vs precio del billete YCff. Entiendo que tal factor se puede situar entre 1 AKH = entre 8.3 y 15.4 tickets YCff, con la norma situada alrede N = 10 pax/AKH ... pero esto buscando une CONFIRMACIÓN de tal factor de conversión ???

Ayúdenme, por favor ?

De antemano, gracias
Frequent Traveller

JeyFromLFMT
16th Feb 2016, 15:19
It's a very specific question, maybe because nobody knows the answer to such a question...

Suerte