BlueWolf
31st May 2002, 22:17
Has the nuclear war thread disappeared because

a) the proposed war has been either cancelled or postponed
b) it's happened already and no-one has thought to tell us
c) preparations are now complete
d) we were getting a little too close to the truth for someone's liking
e) a glitch
f) the threat of Jacko deploying Jaguars to the region has given the protagonists cold feet
g) whizz

Just curious.

Muff Coupling
31st May 2002, 22:32
Or...both sides are really, really serious about going to bucket of instant sunshine the region, so when Donny Rumsfeld visits next week, they can get paid off in zillions of taxpayers £ & $, just to backdown and keep the peace!

Or am I just being cynical? :(

ORAC
1st Jun 2002, 00:02
Well I started it - and I didn't delete it.

Hang on, back in a minute, someone's at the door.......................................

solotk
1st Jun 2002, 13:12
Curioser and curioser said the little blonde girl.........

Did any of us post something that contravened OPSEC?

.....and why has that Vauxhall Omega with the four useful looking gentlemen in it, been parked outside since sparrowf*rt this morning?:(

Tony

steamchicken
1st Jun 2002, 15:38
Don't see any sign of improvement: UN staff told to get out today, as well as practically every country that hadn't already told it's citizens the real time. BA's profit and loss statement shows inexplicable improvement! Hmmm....certainly curious. Pity, it was a good thread while it lasted. There's a JB one on the theme of nuclear war, though.

McD
1st Jun 2002, 23:57
ORAC, Bluewolf, et al --

The thread was temporarily moved to Admin due to a complaint by a reader. Nothing more "sinister" than that.

I don't know the exact nature of the complaint, but after the admin folks have had a chance to review it, the thread should find its way back in here soon.

steamchicken
6th Jun 2002, 01:11
We wait and we wonder.......

Wee Weasley Welshman
6th Jun 2002, 09:28
I've had a peek through the containment chamber viewer and that thread is not there.

Admins and Mods usually move threads to an ethereal secret chamber rather than just delete them. If ORAC did not delete his thread then we have a mystery.

Perhaps its the boys down the road fiddling about... ;)

McD
6th Jun 2002, 14:23
Don't worry, the thread is still in the Admin section (WWW, go back to 31st May and look for the "British prepare for Nuclear War" thread :) )

I'll send a quick e-mail to some of the "higher powers" here at PPRuNe and see if they can review it and put it back.

McD

edited to tell you that the e-mail has been sent ....

steamchicken
6th Jun 2002, 15:56
Incidentally, did anyone here notice the rumour today that they had indeed used the bucket of instant sunshine? The BBC website was inundated with hits and had to cut most graphics from the homepage to keep going. All BS, of course, but psychologically interesting.

solotk
18th Jun 2002, 17:45
So where's the thread then, and who do we have to insult to get it restored? :D

BlueWolf
23rd Jun 2002, 01:29
Now that it would appear that the War has, in fact, been cancelled, can we have our thread back please?

El Presidente didn't hang around long, did he?