PDA

View Full Version : Contract Compliance

Bill Bixby
25th Nov 2014, 03:11
We are starting to lose ground here. The company know we will have to vote on anything that is offered. The offer will come on 12 Dec when the school holidays start. Three week vote and the peak period is gone.

We need to hit them for the ten days prior to this as a minimum. They will then say they wont talk to us, so we let them know what it is like, drop it for a week and say you have seven days to to come up with an offer that might be worth something. It is not the pilot bodies fault the company is short staffed. As we can all see they are filling the heads of all the so called "fence sitters" with company propaganda so they will help out when called upon.

It is time to stand up.

What is also a little worrying is our new President seems to be taking it upon himself to demand other increases. All we want to see is an increase to those numbers offered and removing any reference to the HKPA, or am I totally misguided here? We want the company to offer a simple pay increase, why should we then start adding further demands.

Why not 5/4% over the two year period and then hit them again in 2016 when they offer rises to those "Eligible employees"? just about the same money except two years instead of three. This thing needs to be put to bed so we can all get on with our lives.

President needs to start doing what the membership wants, not what he wants.

Just my thoughts!

Rant over

oriental flyer
25th Nov 2014, 06:55
I am so over the union dragging its feet on this , we should have been doing it for months already. I simply don't understand the delays ,
walk into CX ,
These are the numbers we want . Okay you aren't going to give them to us we start tomorrow Done!
No one And I do mean no one, is exempt from CC
Name and shame as required

Hugo Peroni the IV
25th Nov 2014, 07:36
Great idea, CC before Christmas when CX have just given us a 2014 pay award.

That'll lok really flash!

cxcadet
25th Nov 2014, 08:01
Take the extra money AND CC, now.

ACMS
25th Nov 2014, 08:44
They have already defensively rostered for Dec and it will apparently take up to 3 months for them to hurt from CC. That info straight from the powers to be.

monster330
25th Nov 2014, 08:54
And let's not forget these "powers that be" will only ever tell us the truth.

So it must be true, right?

XFR8
25th Nov 2014, 09:48
If everyone stopped working G days, the operation would stop overnight. Its a big IF though. They are very concerned.

VR-HFX
25th Nov 2014, 10:00
A wise cartoon character named Homer Simpson once declared, “here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems!” Now Homer may not be entirely accurate, but the early modern English saw alcohol as a cause of, and a solution to, a surprising number of their problems.

Beer..so much more than just a breakfast drink."Would love to help put just poured a San Mig on my corn flakes." Simple really...and not in the slightest bit offensive. CC have been taught that we are all alcoholics...why destroy their inbred belief system.

Whilst we all love flying, it is vitally important to have a hobby or a cause that takes your mind off CX the moment you step off the a/c. Let's face it Air Asia hasn't killed anyone yet and while not one of their ex-captains has managed to pass the JCAB tests in Japan.

My favourite captain in the early days on the 1011 was a guy called GR. No-one knew him. No-one had an opinion about him. He was totally proficient and a great teacher. I was blessed to fly with him regularly. His holy grail was sailing. His advice which I adhere to to this day..."have a hobby or a cause that is nothing to do with aviation".

GR dabbled in the C&T section for a while but realised all those involved had only one channel in life...flying. He soon left back to the line to dispense his immense skills to anyone who sought advice. And so it is today that most of the proper training in this company is done by the GR's of today.

PS: I think you will find that most who have been in the company for 20 years or more has been in CC mode for at least a decade.

FWIW

Bill Bixby
26th Nov 2014, 05:02
Having the so called pay rise thrust upon us simply lets us know, they cannot afford any sort of CC. No matter how little there is, it will hurt.
More news of F/O's helping out to get an aircraft out of LA not three days ago!Straight off leave as well! So people are still willing to go against everything that has been in print for the last ...decade or so!

Soul planet
26th Nov 2014, 05:22
Who says we can't take the pay rise and still CC? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ColonelAngus
26th Nov 2014, 05:49
We can, but the GC won't. Mark my words.

Soul planet
26th Nov 2014, 13:09
Did I remember reading an Anti-bribery circulation/manual thing on icx?

arse
26th Nov 2014, 13:30
Obviously, another vote to decide on what to do next with another delay and then another grace period before any action isn't taken.

Penske
26th Nov 2014, 14:05
...and some more cordial and productive talks.......

What a joke

plainpilot11
27th Nov 2014, 03:20
Someone once told me many years ago when I joined that we have the most corrupt Association in the world. I'm starting to agree with him. It's truly dismaying and discouraging.

bm330
27th Nov 2014, 04:57
Anywhere in the western world that has labor law and oversight responsibilty would have flushed away the AOA a long time ago. Only the fact that it is in Hong Kong, does the AOA manage to continue to exist with the constant bickering, inaction, and general incompetence. It is beyond anything the Company could ever hope for in an employee advocate.

ColonelAngus
27th Nov 2014, 05:21
Look at the AOA forum. What's going on?
Nothing.
I guess I'll just take my small percentage increase in remuneration and go on my merry way.
Pathetic. Cathay Pa... oh, I digress...

XFR8
27th Nov 2014, 09:55
The AOA GC have no choice in this matter.

The pay deal offered was declined by the membership.
CC was overwhelmingly voted for (with a much increased turnout)

A non negotiated pay deal has been imposed therefore the GC have a mandated responsibility to announce CC. Not to do so would probably be against the AOA rules. Also I suspect a fairly sizeable number of pilots would resign from the AOA should CC be called off.