PDA

View Full Version : EFB/iPad in the HS25

HermanTheGerman
19th Nov 2014, 08:02
hey,

we are using iPads as an EFB in our 900XP (in addition to the paperless cockpit). But I am asking myself which mount to use for the iPad- there is one available as a joke mount- which I don't like and I also found one from Rosen which would attach to the sunvisor mount. I don't like that as well.

Which one are you guys using- I am looking for something I could attach to the B-panel, for example with a suction cup.

Right now our iPads are loose somewhere and that's not the best solution.

Thanks for your advices.

what next
19th Nov 2014, 08:17
Right now our iPads are loose somewhere and that's not the best solution.

Maybe not the best, but probably the only legal one in Germany, as iPad based EFBs are removable equipment that by definition must not be fixed to the aircraft.

HermanTheGerman
19th Nov 2014, 08:47
our aircraft is not D-reg.

silverknapper
19th Nov 2014, 11:21
Second vote for RAM

Dufo
19th Nov 2014, 13:11
Our Ipad+RAM has also been CAA approved, even though we don't fly Hawker but Saab.

imriozer
19th Nov 2014, 15:00
A kneepad?

imriozer
19th Nov 2014, 15:04
You can also take a look at E-Chart Holder for Hawker Aircraft - E-Chart Holder (http://www.echartholder.com)

Haven't used it but it look nice.
We are right now in the process of approving the ipad as an EFB.
What apps are you using on it? Except of the JEPPFD?
Imri

HermanTheGerman
19th Nov 2014, 17:52
thanks imriozer I really like that one!

keebird
19th Nov 2014, 21:53
An iPad Mini with a simple flip cover will fit right onto the notepad holder on the side. Low tech solution to a high tech problem.
Although I do like the E-chart holder.

HermanTheGerman
20th Nov 2014, 06:58
imriozer,

we are using AeroWeather, WeatherProHD, MeteoEarthHD, Snowtam, DG for Crew, Winter Ops.

Jeppesen.

All company manuals are accessible through GoodReader or PDF Expert.

tec logs are scanned through turboscan with the iPhone and mailed to the office after each day.

JliderPilot
20th Nov 2014, 08:45
We used the RAM mount for the last two years and it was a good solution at first, over time the suction cup gives up the ghost and the whole contraption falls in your lap. The mini iPad may well be a better solution as its lighter.

Booglebox
20th Nov 2014, 09:37
We use RAM mounts with 2 suction cups, and iPad Minis in Otterbox cases. Virtually paperless flight deck (charts, manuals, OFP, weather, voyage report - with only 2 apps).
Only paper left is the tech log and we are working on that.
Crews are quite happy. :cool:

HermanTheGerman
21st Nov 2014, 17:14
ordered the e-chart holder today. Our EFB MGR saying if it is not fixed/screwed to the airplane, it doesn't need approval.

Dufo
21st Nov 2014, 17:23
Can you share some details about how you do paperless OFP?