PDA

View Full Version : Logten pro X

blacklabel
19th Nov 2014, 03:27
Hi i just got logten pro x , getting my way around it, very cool but not always very user friendly.
Does anyone know how to use the smartgroups well and how to configure them for example how to ask for multi time only ?
Also the operator dropdown window with 'is' i don't get it at all, anyway what is the general feedback on the app ?
Cheers

Luke SkyToddler
19th Nov 2014, 04:36
Hmmm let me think ... I want a fancy pants e-logbook with "cloud sync" ... is it better to spend $US50 a year for the rest of my life on a "subscription" to a stupid iphone app, or just spend half an hour making a free spreadsheet in google docs and get it free forever"?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Square Bear
19th Nov 2014, 05:05
blacklabel

I only have Log 10 Pro, not the X version and wish it had been around when I first started flying. I fill it out as I go, off chocks entered once airborne and on chocks at the gate. Actually went to the trouble of entering the whole of my current log book and place the totals from the others at the beginning.

Took me a little whiles to get my head around the smart groups especially setting the criteria but once done works brilliantly.

Give the group a name such as "Total Multi", slide to on for Match Any of the Criteria.

There are quite a few different ways to set the criteria but for example:

Say Total Turbo Prop:
Category: Aircraft Type
Key: Engine Type
Operator: is
Value: Turbo Prop.

Say Total Jet
Category: Aircraft Type
Key: Type
Operator: is
Value: B738

You can list several Criteria, such as B733, B734 etc. But to use the aircraft type you will need to have entered the type as listed in the program.

Most likely easier ways to do it, but that way works for me.

I see it as an awesome programme and well worth the 50 odd dollars it cost.

blacklabel
19th Nov 2014, 10:11
Luke, your free google spreadsheet would only have about 5% of the power of this app, but suit yourself we live in a free world !
Square bear, thanks mate, can you upgrade to X from 10 pro and shift all your data accross ?

gchriste
19th Nov 2014, 22:51
I just upgraded from 10 to X, no hassle, took care of finding your old data and migrating it for you.