PDA

View Full Version : Direct Contract with RYANAIR ???

leced4u
18th Nov 2014, 11:53
Does anyone know how the Direct employment with RYANAIR works ?
ROSTER? BASE? PAY ? HOTELS ? POSITIONING ?
Thank You

pilot3103
19th Nov 2014, 08:59
Roster:
is 5/4 on the ryanair contract, floating people are on 5/5 but most likely you will not be offered this contract if you are looking at direct entry/cadet

Base:
when you start you will have a few choices usually offered to you, usually 3 choices and you can pick which best suits your situation, ie for commuting purposes which have the most flights to the base, or if you will stay in an area without commuting which suits your lifestyle best

Hotels:
You can stay in a hotel or find longer term accommodation if you prefer, on ryanair contract you generally won't be moved anywhere else,

Positioning:
It's up to you, if based in Italy, but live in France, you will have to jumpseat in uniform and organise which flights you take yourself to get there for the start of the block of 5 roster,

Hope that helps, all IMHO

speed_alive_rotate
19th Nov 2014, 09:09
Has FR decided to stop using agencies now or are there still new cadets on agency contracts i.e. Storm/ Brookfield?? Is it more advantageous to be on a direct FR contract? Regards SAR

maggot738
19th Nov 2014, 09:14
ROSTER: Depends on the base you are in but most bases are 5/4 all year round. Floating pilots are on a 5/5 roster.
BASE : Could be any one of approximately 70 bases but generally the ones that are usually short of crews seem to be the southern Italian and the Moroccon bases.
PAY : Depends on the contract you are on, Ryanair , Brookfield or Storm.
HOTELS : Pick the one you like because you pay for it yourself with the out of base allowance you receive.
POSITIONING : Jumpseating is a privilege granted to flight crew and is free to use for work related purposes. There are rules so follow them and there is never a problem.

There is always a lot of bellyaching goes on about Ryanair on PPRUNE and yes, it's probably not for everyone but all things considered it is generally a nice place to work. Crews are friendly and professional, training is to the highest of standards, the roster is stable and the pay check is in the bank on time every month. Hope this helps.

CaptainSensible
20th Nov 2014, 18:35
Is anyone aware of what is on offer for a DEC on a UK Ryanair contract with reference to basic pay and sector pay?

go around flaps15
21st Nov 2014, 08:55
The UK based Captains that I know on a permanent FR contract average about £6k sterling net per month.

Some months slightly lower(with less flying)

thebeast
21st Nov 2014, 10:08
Contract varies base to base. But my average take home around £5700. P60 total a little over £92,000. And you pay everything uniform car parking etc only benefit is a match pension contribution of £5000 or £6000 again depends on base.

CaptainSensible
21st Nov 2014, 19:14
Thanks for the answers. Have been quoted sector pay of approx £40. Is this all taxable or partly tax free. Understand "allowance" of several thousand to cover I guess lack of LOL, uniform, car park etc. again taxable?

Torque Tonight
22nd Nov 2014, 00:30
You probably want to check what your sector pay is in Moroccan dirhams or Greko euro-stotinki because you can be pretty sure it won't be in pounds! I hear Gdansk is nice at this time of year (and forever more) though.::ok: