PDA

View Full Version : easyJet DEC Naples

Skipping Classes
17th Nov 2014, 09:34
Hi all!

Just a simple question: is the easyJet DEC Naples a good deal?

I am getting very confusing and conflicting information, ranging from the best in the industry and special tax agreement with the Italian government, to so bad that nobody wants to go there...

How much you take home after the advertised 140k annual gross?

Is the pension good?

Commuting possible? (Some special commuter scheme, what's that?)

Lifestyle in Naples as non-Italian? Dream or nightmare?

Is it possible to live somewhere nice by the sea outside of Naples and still manage to get to the airport within a reasonable time?

Why do easyJet SFOs refuse to go there after the upgrade (I heard not even from Malpensa)?

Is it an inferior contract comparing to other Italian contracts?

Thanks!

INeedTheFull90
17th Nov 2014, 09:56
If it's a random roster base commuting will be a nightmare. Expect 5-2-5-2-5-1-2-1 or something equally as grim and you won't have any idea what your roster is until of the month. Get used to saying 'I'll let you know on the seventeenth' many times a month every time you get invited to pretty much anything.

The commuter scheme allows free travel in uniform when staff travel is not available six hours before departures. Many crew misunderstand the commuter scheme and make is clear they're not happy you're there as it's because of you there's no staff travel (little do they know).

dirk85
17th Nov 2014, 10:04
The contract itself is the italian one, as far as I know, so one of the best in Europe for EZY.
Pilots in Italy enjoy a very privileged tax treatment from the state, and same goes for the national pension deal for pilots.

But living in Naples is not for everyone, especially if you are not Italian, and if you do not know the local way of living.
Life is much cheaper, but definitely takes time and an open mind to get used to.

Skipping Classes
17th Nov 2014, 10:06
Pilots in Italy enjoy a very privileged tax treatment from the state, and same goes for the national pension deal for pilots.

What does it mean exactly in terms of exact figures? :)

dirk85
17th Nov 2014, 10:21
It means that the base salary is taxed at normal rates, but only 50% of the flight allowances accounts toward the taxable income, and toward the social security/pension. The other 50% is tax free.

To make it quick:

All your base salary plus half of your flight allowances (flight pay, or whatever is dependant on the flight activity) constitutes your taxable income. Per diems are of course tax free.

On that you pay about 12% of social security/pension, from your payslip. The employer pays about 25%.

On the above taxable income, minus your share of social security you pay taxes, with these rates:

23% up to 15000
27% from 15000 to 28000
38% from 28000 to 55000
41% from 55000 to 75000
43% over 75000

Deductions are present for wife, children, mortages, medical expenses, voluntary contributions to private pension funds, and some other stuff.

The total taxation can be somehow reasonable, especially if you have a low base salary and and high flight allowances, like most of the italian airlines do.

Iver
17th Nov 2014, 15:07
Would be better if you can commute from beautiful Capri? ;)

Bubair
17th Nov 2014, 21:11
Hi all!

Just a simple question: is the easyJet DEC Naples a good deal?

I am getting very confusing and conflicting information, ranging from the best in the industry and special tax agreement with the Italian government, to so bad that nobody wants to go there...

How much you take home after the advertised 140k annual gross?

Is the pension good?

Commuting possible? (Some special commuter scheme, what's that?)

Lifestyle in Naples as non-Italian? Dream or nightmare?

Is it possible to live somewhere nice by the sea outside of Naples and still manage to get to the airport within a reasonable time?

Why do easyJet SFOs refuse to go there after the upgrade (I heard not even from Malpensa)?

Is it an inferior contract comparing to other Italian contracts?

Thanks!

Have you been offered a contract there?

Skipping Classes
18th Nov 2014, 12:17
Its on the Park website...

https://jobs.caeparcaviation.com/Default/GetSingleJobPartial/331?isAdmin=False

REMAX11
18th Nov 2014, 21:22
My personal point of view.

first some facts:

I am from Firenze. commuting with train from Napoli would be circa 2h45.

Right now I am with EZY as DEC based in LIS. I had been offered the choice to move to napoli.

I politely refused.

Now, my personal opinion:

-Napoli is Beautyful.
-Napoli is Beautyful. As a tourist.
-Napoli is Beautyful. As a tourist. For a short time.
-Napoli is Beautyful. As a tourist. For a short time: A very short time.

I was there for 4 years during the Air Force Academy in Pozzuoli. Furthermore, I took a command post as Colonel in Grazzanise for 3 years.

I have many friends from that area. They are the best people in my life.

Living in Napoli is somewhat an exraordinary expirience. It is so, among Italians. People with a very very high tollerance for everything.

You either love it or ate it. Among the people I know, they usually love it from far away.

I always think about Napoli as Africa without the Africa's liberties: no matter what, you are doing something that might **** you up.

I chosed to stay in Lisbon and commute from far away.

That should tell enough.

Do not think Napoli as an easy choice. I would rather go to Qatar.

Craggenmore
19th Nov 2014, 15:28
I spent 5 years in and out of Naples - Best of luck to you as REMAX11 says.

Money or sanity..?

Skipping Classes
19th Nov 2014, 15:30
What if one commutes?

speed_alive_rotate
19th Nov 2014, 15:33
I am very intrigued now, what are some of the down sides to Naples because it is clear there seems to be a lot!! Must strike it off my "places to visit" list!

Skipping Classes
19th Nov 2014, 18:02
Guys, it would be much more helpful if you could give some facts and examples, not your conclusions. This starts to sound like a scary tale for children who don't want to go to sleep. We are pilots after all. Can we stay on topic?

PENKO
19th Nov 2014, 19:25
One cannot really commute on a random roster. Not without loosing sanity after one month. But you can always live in Caserta! :p:p

Count of Monte Bisto
20th Nov 2014, 01:39
Regarding rosters, I have worked for easyJet for over 10 years. In that time I have never once received a roster late. They say you get it on the 17th - without exception they have always achieved that.

joe two
20th Nov 2014, 07:08
pension wise easyJet pays a large sum in the Fondo Volo , but you'll only benefit after either 15 or 20 years of contribution.
Besides this you get a private pension sum of about €780,- a month on a seperate TFR account.
Pay is about €8500,- a month after taxes.
Normally 5 on and 4 off ..... but not (yet) in Naples were there will be a random roster. 5 on 4 off might come if the base gets big enough to make that work.

VJW
23rd Nov 2014, 00:21
Naples is south Italy, why is it I'm english and I don't need it spelt out to me as to why it might not be the best place to live? Would you ask the same questions if you were to live in the Bronx or Harlem in NY??

papazulu
23rd Nov 2014, 01:45
I am very intrigued now, what are some of the down sides to Naples because it is clear there seems to be a lot!! Must strike it off my "places to visit" list!

Naples is south Italy, why is it I'm english and I don't need it spelt out to me as to why it might not be the best place to live? Would you ask the same questions if you were to live in the Bronx or Harlem in NY??

Are you lot familiar with that joke about heaven & hell?

HEAVEN: that place where chefs are Italians (or French, tastes are tastes...) police are British, lovers are French (or Italians, again tastes are tastes...), mechanics are German and it is all organized by the Swiss.

HELL: that place where chefs are British, police are German, lovers are Swiss, mechanics are French and it is all organized by...THE ITALIANS!

You might as well regard Napoli as hell's troops training department, with the only exception of cuisine! :E

Bronx you said? That's a kindergarden, mate!

VJW
23rd Nov 2014, 12:15
That's my point, yet people who at least recognise the name Bronx, know it's not the best place in the world to live. Why is it when you say Naples, do they not have a worse feeling?!

Nick 1
23rd Nov 2014, 12:28
Why Napoli is different ?

http://www.leggo.it/NEWS/ITALIA/napoli_scooter_policlinico/notizie/1022672.shtml

DoctorEcam
18th Dec 2014, 13:20
Please Please Gentlemen or what lies beneath...

Do not talk about Naples and do not describe it the way you do because it is very offensive.I could say the same about the northern part of Italy where your apartment gets robbed every Christmas and summer...My suggestion to the foreigners would be go to Naples and enjoy.Comparing The Bronx to Naples is nosense,the Bronx is no longer what it used to be ,maybe you morons are talking about Harlem...
Naples is a nice city.Of course you must take some precautions.I wouldn't go around the city with my shiny watch.I wouldn't buy a fancy car to show off.I lived there and i still have many friends.Nothing ever happened but you must follow few rules to make your experience really enjoyable.

That's my 2 cents

RedBullGaveMeWings
18th Dec 2014, 13:45
When you come to South Italy, you cry twice: when you arrive and when you leave.

The African Dude
18th Dec 2014, 23:06
Yeah - the first time with sadness and the second with joy!!! :}

Only kidding. It's down to personal taste. The fact is that wearing a 'shiny' watch or driving a 'nice' car shouldn't be something you have to fear. But it is. Hence the expressed viewpoints.

The pizza's nice though.