PDA

View Full Version : FIFA

TURIN
13th Nov 2014, 09:36
Apparently it is the English FA that is guilty of breaking the rules.

Qatar and Russia have been cleared.

Well that's alright then. Move along nothing to see.....:ugh:

sitigeltfel
13th Nov 2014, 09:43
How much did they pay to ensure that verdict?

TURIN
13th Nov 2014, 10:15
It gets better.
Russia apparently 'lost' all their email data and all the computers used have been destroyed.

Qatar major players not members of FIFA so they can't be dealt with under their rules.

You couldn't make this up. Oh wait, it appears Blatter etal have. :mad:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
13th Nov 2014, 10:19
600+ construction workers, many Nepalese, have died so far in Qatar on World Cup building projects. That doesn't seem to be even mentioned. FIFA has a lot of blood on their hands, never mind cash in their pockets.

I've stopped watching football. It's the only language they understand.

TURIN
13th Nov 2014, 10:49
Squalid Labour Camps (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-26482775)

ExXB
13th Nov 2014, 12:53
It appears that FIFA's investigator disagrees with the report: BBC Sport - Fifa report 'erroneous', says lawyer who investigated corruption claims (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30037729)

Andy_S
13th Nov 2014, 13:03
This gets more and more bizarre. FIFA's own investigator is now claiming that FIFA have "misrepresented" his findings, going on to claim that FIFA's report “contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts and conclusions”

BBC Sport - Fifa report 'erroneous', says lawyer who investigated corruption claims (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30037729)

Of course, since FIFA have refused to actually make the investigators own report public, I guess they can interpret it any way they like....

TBirdFrank
13th Nov 2014, 13:22
Well I tried to upload a You Tube of "Money Talks" but it won't surface

Wonder if Blatter is a Mod?

Slfsfu
13th Nov 2014, 13:22
Maybe I don't understand all of this BUT….

I can't understand why UEFA doesn't pull out of FIFA.

I would think that, without the support (money/TV rights) of UEFA and Europe, the whole FIFA organisation would collapse.

londonblue
13th Nov 2014, 13:26
FIFA's interpretation of the report cleared the two countries that won the 2018 and 2022 bids. The only countries that came in for criticism were ones that didn't win.

To me that seemed a bit suspicious to say the least. And then I saw this:

BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30037729)

It seems the guy that authored the full report disagrees with their conclusions.

You really couldn't make this up.

Lonewolf_50
13th Nov 2014, 13:32
FIFA, the acronym, supports a joke description by its actions.
FIFA = Football's International Fraud Association.

I find it sad that the beautiful game has such ugliness attached to it. :{
We don't get safety shoes in time, we don't get helmets, we don't get good
gloves, we don't get good accommodation, we don't get good food. We don't get
good salaries - only $9 per day - and we work six days per week. His employer did not respond to my request for an interview. According to Amnesty International, the majority of migrant workers have their passports held by employers.
This particular thing in certain Middle East countries is a red flag, to me indicating official sanction of abuse.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
13th Nov 2014, 14:29
Slavery is perfectly acceptable in the Koran

Capot
13th Nov 2014, 14:54
the majority of migrant workers have their passports held by employers.Nothing new about that, and "official sanction" doesn't come into it. Employers simply take and hang on to expatriate workers passports to ensure, errr, loyalty.

It's rotten and should not happen, but it's been going on in the Gulf States since 1970 at least. We used to watch the passports being handed back at the entrance to the Departures control when the workers left the country.

racedo
13th Nov 2014, 18:12
Well as a Footie supporter who has travelled to World cups and Euro championships I will definitely NOT be attending Qatar whether my team is there or not.

The whole point for fans attending a world cup is to see some of the country, see some of the culture and meet the people as well as drink loads of beer and attend the footie.

Qatar - Culture ?

I can see many people doing exactly the same preferring to stay at home and watch.

Platini who I believe wants change cannot go against Blatter because he knows Blatter will destroy him and anybody who is against him.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
13th Nov 2014, 18:13
Then he needs to grow a pair and resign

Capetonian
13th Nov 2014, 18:17
Let's have a little poll for the most corrupt and rotten organisation on earth.

In alphabetical order.

Catholic Church / Vatican
EU
FIFA
IOC (Thanks racedo!)
UN

Lonewolf_50
13th Nov 2014, 18:24
FIFA
The others certainly can hold their own, however.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
13th Nov 2014, 19:04
Can I add
The Liberal Party of Prince Edward Island
(aka: "corrupt, unethical and thieving group of hoodlums.")
to that list?

The Premier's just resigned for No Apparent Reason

One awaits the Appearance of the Reason ;)

(Hint: It's probably this: http://redlikeme.ca/?tag=pei-pnp-scandal)

racedo
13th Nov 2014, 20:22
IOC not mentioned in corrupt groups

angels
13th Nov 2014, 20:52
As a football fan who has attended matches on four continents, always supported Crystal Palace -- an unfashionable club if ever there was one -- and has a genuine love of the game, I despair.

The prawn sandwich brigade have taken over football. I have submitted to it. I pay 35 quid a month to Sky to watch teams I don't really care about playing footie. I attend the occasional Charlton game now (my local club) but I can never really support them.

England should pull out of all FIFA competitions. Come on, grow a pair Greg.

The real fans are club supporters and those who get mistreated on England away games. My son is a season ticket holder at Charlton and a member of the England Supporters Club, you need a point system to get tickets. Two points are awarded for a game at Wembley, one for an away. Yes, you get more kudos to going to home games because England away fans were boycotting home games because of the cost to get into the White Elephant that is Wembley.

My son travelled to Estonia and did not see the game there. He watched in a bar in Tallinn. These are the supporters FIFA, the FA and UEFA are dumping on.

tony draper
13th Nov 2014, 21:01
I am utterly baffled as to why countries fight to hold events such as the World Cup or the Olympics,a few local spivs and politician might make a few quid but the country itself is generally left with some vast white elephant stadiums built at taxpayer's expense.
As far as I am concerned they could shove the Olympics and various world cups and tournaments up their collective arses for evermore.:suspect:

G-CPTN
13th Nov 2014, 21:09
I am utterly baffled as to why countries fight to hold events such as the World Cup or the Olympics, a few local spivs and politician might make a few quid but the country itself is generally left with some vast white elephant stadiums built at taxpayer's expense.
Like politics, it is the ones who can cream-off their percentages from the fees that drive the submissions.

racedo
13th Nov 2014, 23:41
it is the ones who can cream-off their percentages from the fees that drive the submissions.

Tickets for Wolrd Cup 2002 in Japan / Korea were Administered by a company in Cheshire, fans like me who were there wanted to see more than their countrys playing.

The ticket website was permanently crashed as company was incapable of doing anything.
Nobody was able to buy any more tickets and FIFA did nothing about it even though thousands of fans were willing to go inside to see games.

Tankertrashnav
13th Nov 2014, 23:49
Anyone see Greg Dyke on Newsnight tonight being grilled by that annoying woman whose name I've forgotten?

Never been a huge fan of Dyke, but he was doing his best to answer the questions but failing because of her constant interruptions. And I have to be sexist here, but interrupting in a shrill female voice which seems to make it even worse than Paxo in full cry.

Then she abruptly ambushed Dyke with a question about Ched Evans which he rightly said he hadn't been asked in to discuss. Full marks to him for not responding

tony draper
13th Nov 2014, 23:55
Yer already commented on it elsewhere where did they dig that stupid bint up from? think she is out of her depth and trying to make up for it with bluster,come back Paxo all is forgiven.
:suspect:

Capetonian
14th Nov 2014, 09:15
I forgot Vermin Ecclestone's corrupt and cozy little setup, Formula One Group. He has an 'interesting' history behind him.

Another 'spot the millionaire' .......
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02279/bern_2279396b.jpg

ian16th
14th Nov 2014, 10:14
Humourous!

Breaking news: Fifa say Hell will host 2026 World Cup - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/11229335/Exclusive-new-Fifa-report-go-and-give-them-hell.html)

Capot
15th Nov 2014, 18:41
the most corrupt and rotten organisation on earth.

Catholic Church / Vatican
EU
FIFA
IOC (Thanks racedo!)
UN
The Liberal Party of Prince Edward Island OK, so far so good, now let's add the UK's own contribution;

Tower Hamlets Council, and the four metropolitan boroughs of South Yorkshire (Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield); I would chose one of the four, but they are all equally corrupt. (Nearly all Local Government in the UK is corrupt to a greater or lesser degree, but those 5 stand out as being world-class in the corruption stakes.)

RBS Bank, Lloyds Bank, HSBC Bank, Barclays Bank........

All the big accounting firms....

Metropolitan Police

Oh God, I wish I hadn't started.....

Fox3WheresMyBanana
17th Nov 2014, 21:47
Boycott of World Cup urged by former English FA chief - CBC Sports - Soccer (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/boycott-of-world-cup-urged-by-former-english-fa-chief-1.2837533)

Saintsman
17th Nov 2014, 21:56
Trouble with a boycott is that it'll piss off the Russians and they will want to get their own back in one way or another.

Putin is not the most reasonable person after all.

Romeo Oscar Golf
17th Nov 2014, 22:11
Re above .....add the Deutche Fussball Mann and an increasing number of other relatively significant people and the ripple to quit the foul corrupt and inept bunch of rogues AKA FIFA, might become a flood!!
However as the chances of any UK team making the finals is minimal, it makes my interest only a passing one.:bored:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
17th Nov 2014, 23:07
Current FA Chief now demands full report
BBC Sport - Greg Dyke: FA demands full report findings into World Cup corruption (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30088006)

"We cannot go on like this."

Nick Riviera
18th Nov 2014, 07:46
However as the chances of any UK team making the finals is minimal, it makes my interest only a passing one

England make it to the vast majority of the finals.

TURIN
24th Feb 2015, 09:41
FIFA has now recommended that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar should be played in November/December.

Despite Qatar's bid assuring FIFA that the tournament could be played in summer as all the stadiums would be air conditioned and powered by renewable energy.

The Premier League on it's own will lose a massive number of first team players if this goes ahead.

Boycott now! :mad:

Curious Pax
24th Feb 2015, 09:48
The precise dates are unconfirmed, but it's suggested that it will start on Nov 26th with the final on Dec 23rd! Presumably the national team will also want their players at least 2 weeks in advance, so likely to be a hiatus in the domestic leagues from about Nov 12th. If these are the dates it will also be interesting to see how quickly the domestic leagues restart - the traditional Boxing Day games would be in jeopardy I would think.

On the plus side, despite all the huffing and puffing about breaking in to the season, I wonder if this could actually do England a favour. In recent summer tournaments there is always the perception that having played a long English season, the players are pretty knackered before the competition even begins. With the 2022 World Cup they will only have played half the games (if that) and so may be in better shape than usual.

TURIN
24th Feb 2015, 09:51
With the 2022 World Cup they will only have played half the games (if that) and so may be in better shape than usual.

Won't the same apply to all the other teams?:hmm:

Curious Pax
24th Feb 2015, 10:13
True, but England always seem more affected. I suppose it may be because pretty much all their players play in England, whilst for most other teams it is only a proportion.

MFC_Fly
24th Feb 2015, 10:39
I think that ALL countries that will have their leagues adversely affected by not holding the World Cup at the usual time of year (after all, those dates are what was agreed when the contract was awarded!) should boycott the 2022 tournament. The absence of some of the worlds top teams will make the tournament a total farce, and the lack of many thousands of fans from those countries, the bringing of the tournament (and FIFA) into disrepute, etc, etc, might teach FIFA to not be so f'ing crooked (although I doubt it)!!

TURIN
24th Feb 2015, 11:01
SPRINTMAN

AUSTRALIANS known by the majority OF CIVILISED FOLK as BIGOTED, BACKWARD, CONVICTS. Spot on as usual

Changed it for ya. :rolleyes:

Lonewolf_50
24th Feb 2015, 13:44
Turin, if I wanted to watch a diving competition, I'd go to a pool rather than a soccer field. The last two world cups lacked only the tight swimming gear and the pool to make an appropriate setting for the diving competition.

TURIN
24th Feb 2015, 14:00
No argument from me there Lonewolf.
It is just one of a number of things that is wrong with the game and that FIFA refuse to address.

victor tango
24th Feb 2015, 19:12
Blame it all on that Septic Bladder bloke.

ExXB
24th Feb 2015, 19:36
I understand that something like 75% of world-cup players have contracts with European teams.

Maybe if UEFA had some balls they would tell FIFA to stuff it.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
24th Feb 2015, 19:44
Number of construction workers estimated dead by the time the Qatar stadia for 2022 are complete: 4,000

Over 1,000 dead already.

http://lentaregion.ru/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/bloody_football_thumb.jpg

SMT Member
24th Feb 2015, 22:25

Would this be the UEFA that's just given it's blessings to a 2016 Doha WC held in November/December, with finals played on the 23rd, or some other hitherto unknown entity with just a smidgen of moral integrity?

air pig
25th Feb 2015, 00:29
Quote:

Would this be the UEFA that's just given it's blessings to a 2016 Doha WC held in November/December, with finals played on the 23rd, or some other hitherto unknown entity with just a smidgen of moral integrity?

Football and morals in the same sentence, sorry you are having a laugh aren't you??

TURIN
25th Feb 2015, 11:32
Football is not in the sentence. FIFA and UEFA are.
Big difference.

sprintman
TURIN like a bit of Poofball do ya?

Nah, seen a couple of games of AFL up in Queensland. It was ok but the sleeveless shirts are a bit camp. I still think calling it Poofball is a bit ingenuous. I mean these guys are fit and run around a lot. Some of them don't even touch the ball for the whole game.
Still, they seem nice boys, good to their mothers etc.
http://www.aktifmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/921158-saints-shattered.jpg

:E

Ancient Mariner
25th Feb 2015, 12:11
Why does the guy on the right have an extra elbow sawn on. Does it help his game?
Per

Blacksheep
25th Feb 2015, 13:35
My nephew thinks Aussie Rules players look great - especially in those short-shorts and sleeveless shirts.

He's getting married later this year and I've been asked to give him away.

True, actually.

Arch Stanton
25th Feb 2015, 18:46
Maybe Sprintman could tell us how people around the world have taken up watching his favourite sport, and then compare that to soccer or American Football.

Your envy of other peoples sports says a lot about you rather than your game. Why do you feel the need to compare your sport to soccer? I can guarantee you football fans don't give your game a second thought...ever.

ORAC
25th Feb 2015, 21:29
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03210/250215-MATT-web_3210903a.jpg

Mr Chips
26th Feb 2015, 11:25
Your envy of other peoples sports says a lot about you rather than your game. Why do you feel the need to compare your sport to soccer? I can guarantee you football fans don't give your game a second thought...ever.
Perhaps because soccer is rammed down our throats by the media, normally whilst ignoring most other sport, or at least confining them to a few paragraphs several pages in, or as an afterthought.

G-CPTN
24th Aug 2015, 17:44
BBC Sport - Sepp Blatter: Fifa chief says 'he is clean' amid corruption inquiry (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34044182)

Lonewolf_50
24th Aug 2015, 19:41
FIFA?s head of reform calls US soccer ?ethnic sport? for school girls | ProSoccerTalk (http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/24/fifas-head-of-reform-defends-blatter-says-soccer-in-u-s-is-an-ethnic-sport-for-girls-in-schools/related/?cid=eref:nbcnews:text)

Apparently, only ethnic females play soccer in the US.
(Whatever that means?)

You go, FIFA, keep being a laughingstock.

Saltie
24th Aug 2015, 20:44
Serious question: how/where and under what flag will an Israeli soccer team play in the World Cup competition held in Doha?

Or have the organisers at FIFA taken into account how far the Iranian nuclear programme will have progressed by then into their calculations?

vctenderness
25th Aug 2015, 10:35
Very, very interesting question indeed.

So will Qatar be accepting Israeli passports from players, team and spectators?

I wonder if this has been discussed by the 'suits' at FIFA.

Lonewolf_50
17th Sep 2015, 22:28
It appears that one of the suits may be missing soon ...

FIFA Suspends Secretary General Jerome Valcke From Duty - NBC News (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/fifa-corruption-scandal/fifa-suspends-secretary-general-jerome-valcke-duty-n429361)

FIFA suspends Jerome Valcke, and hopefully Sepp will be parked in the garage soon.

Espada III
17th Sep 2015, 22:51
Very, very interesting question indeed.

So will Qatar be accepting Israeli passports from players, team and spectators?

I wonder if this has been discussed by the 'suits' at FIFA.

Given that several of the Israeli team are of Arab (both Christian and Moslem) or Druze origins it will be interesting to see who is allowed in from Israel. Well it be a purely anti-Jewish refusal or anyone from the Holy Land.

ORAC
25th Sep 2015, 16:01
Sepp Blatter under criminal investigation at Fifa after being accused of 'disloyalty payment' to Michel Platini - live - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/sepp-blatter/11891462/Sepp-Blatter-under-criminal-investigation-at-Fifa-live.html)

Swiss attorney general office - statement

Swiss criminal proceedings against the President of FIFA, Mr. Joseph Blatter, have been opened on 24 September 2015 on suspicion of criminal mismanagement...and - alternatively - misappropriation.

There is as suspicion that...Joseph Blatter also violated his fiduciary duties to FIFA in connection with a contract with the Caribbean Football Union.

The accusation against Platini

The Swiss authorities have claimed that Sepp Blatter is suspected of making a “disloyal payment” of two millions Swiss francs — just over $2 million — to the UEFA president Michel Platini. Platini is, of course, the leading candidate to replace Blatter as FIFA president, and has also been asked to provide information.

The Swiss Attorney General's office says the suspected "disloyal payment" from Blatter to Platini was "executed in February 2011".

Putting the pieces together...

Well then, this...

RTÉ News ✔@rtenews

Swiss law enforcement says UEFA's Michel Platini provided evidence to Swiss authorities in Blatter investigation

Ben Rumsby ✔@ben_rumsby

Could it be that Blatter may be going down and trying to take Platini with him?

...certainly lends credence to this theory, one would think...

G-CPTN
25th Sep 2015, 16:17
Swiss officials quiz Fifa President Sepp Blatter - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34363289)

G-CPTN
28th Sep 2015, 16:49
Blatter says that he remains president of FIFA and will not resign immediately.

BBC Sport - Sepp Blatter to stay as Fifa president despite investigation (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34384930)

Blatter, who will stand down as Fifa president in February, said he had "had done nothing illegal or improper".
Platini, 60, has written a letter to Uefa members denying any wrongdoing.

sherburn2LA
29th Sep 2015, 18:54
In other news Lord Lucan says he just popped out to buy a pint of milk.

tony draper
29th Sep 2015, 20:55
They are going to have to hammer a stake through that fat greasy bastards heart to make him quit.
:)

G-CPTN
7th Oct 2015, 19:00
BBC Sport - Sepp Blatter: Fifa president provisionally suspended for 90 days (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34468663)

He's either suspended - or he's not . . .

Mr Oleo Strut
7th Oct 2015, 19:28
Suspended he should be, from the tenderest parts of his anatomy, over a slow fire of his broken promises and falsities. He and his cronies have let the world down.

Tankertrashnav
7th Oct 2015, 21:44
Following on from the VW affair there was an interesting programme on BBC Radio 4 tonight about corporate response to various scandals, both within and outside of the car business.

An interesting contributor was Sir John Egan, who was Chairman of Severn Trent Water at the time it was discovered it had been falsifying data supplied to OFWAT. He carried out an extensive enquiry into what had been going on and was horrified at the extent of it. In the end he sacked 29 out of the top 30 people in the company, the only senior man who didnt get the boot was the chief engineer. Looks like FIFA is going to have to get the same treatment. With Platini and that African bloke whose name escapes me both tainted with scandal, it looks like your going to have to go a long way down before you find someone whose hands are clean enough for the top job.

Who's the manager of Accrington Stanley again? ;)

G-CPTN
8th Oct 2015, 12:39
BBC Sport - Fifa: Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini & Jerome Valcke suspended (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34474231)

TWT
8th Oct 2015, 12:44
FIFA chaos: Who's been banned? What does it mean? And who's in power now? - Football - Eurosport (http://www.eurosport.com/football/fifa-chaos-who-s-been-banned-what-does-it-mean-and-who-s-in-power-now_sto4941912/story.shtml)

ExRAFRadar
8th Oct 2015, 13:56
Reckon its just a way for the lower level thieves to get to the real money.
Whole thing is corrupt from the bottom up.

Mr Oleo Strut
8th Oct 2015, 17:08
Over the years sport has been infiltrated very successfully by massive business interests in many areas including travel, accommodation, clothing, equipment, building, engineering, etc. Sporting authorities have mushroomed into quasi-diplomatic multi-national dictatorial cartels existing only to line their own pockets and those of their cronies and lap-dogs and the sycophants who support them. Even the Roman Emperors gave the people free bread: our sporting monoliths just grab, and grab and grab everything they can. What I find even more disturbing is the invidious spread of betting, gaming and the media into sport at every level these days, from simple betting to massive sponsorship. Where so much money is involved can we be sure that sporting results can be trusted? Recent evidence of the use of drugs and other skullduggery suggests not.

G-CPTN
16th Oct 2015, 21:47
BBC Sport - Sepp Blatter: Fifa boss should remain in post - Bernie Ecclestone (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34552570)

eticket
28th Oct 2015, 16:56
The Telegraph is reporting on an interview that Blatter has given to the Russian news agency Tass:

Sepp Blatter: Fifa planned to hand Russia World Cup finals before the vote had taken place - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/fifa/11960258/Sepp-Blatter-Fifa-planned-to-hand-Russia-World-Cup-finals-before-the-vote-had-taken-place.html)

Points to come out of the interview include:

1. It was planned to give the 2018 and the 2022 tournaments to Russia and the USA. Presumably this was the reason behind holding voting for two future tournaments and not just one as was the usual process. It was not stated who was involved in planning this move.

2. Blatter blames the French. He claims that President Sarkozy had a meeting with the then Crown Prince of Qatar and after that Platini moved to supporting Qatar to get the 2022 tournament. Blatter claims that four votes shifted and Qatar got the win.

The losing countries will presumably claim that the original 'plan' was unfair and that they wasted millions.

This could now get interesting.

Andy_S
28th Oct 2015, 17:28
How the FCUK is Platini a confirmed candidate for FIFA's presidential election? I thought he was excluded from all footballing activity......

chuks
29th Oct 2015, 06:07
It's one I got from Formula 1, having seen that swap of drivers between Ferrari and Benetton, Schumacher and Alesi.

Blatter should move across to run Formula 1 and Ecclestone should take his place at FIFA. Both men have proven track records in getting results; both men operate in similar ways; both men have experience in assisting the police with their inquiries while coming away only slightly scathed from that ... this makes perfect sense, so why am I the first one to think of it?

bcgallacher
29th Oct 2015, 09:24
The corruption that exists in FIFA will pale in comparison to what will happen if a candidate from one of the even more corrupt countries of the African continent is elected as leader..

exuw
29th Oct 2015, 17:19
As racedo points out at #19, I do wonder how long it will be before someone starts a thread entitled "IOC" as a result of revelations in the world's media.

Can't be too long, I guess. FIFA and the IOC share quite a few features - four year cycle of flagship event, hugely extravagant bidding process, huge expenditure of wonga, politicisation of choice of venue etc. The only major difference is that we don't hear too much about drug testing in football, for some reason.....

It will be interesting watching Lord Coe when the balloon goes up.

Sallyann1234
29th Oct 2015, 18:00
I suppose it's comforting in a way to know that there is actually a profession more corrupt than politics.

G-CPTN
24th Nov 2015, 16:36
Blatter has announced that he will not accept any decision other than one of all the FIFA delegates.

Martin the Martian
25th Nov 2015, 13:41
I imagine that it may not matter what he will or will not accept ultimately.

ORAC
3rd Dec 2015, 07:47
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/sports/fifa-scandal-arrests-in-switzerland.html?_r=0

ZURICH — Swiss authorities began a new series of pre-dawn arrests Thursday in the broad investigation, led by United States officials, into corruption in international soccer. More than a dozen people were expected to be charged, law enforcement officials said, nearly doubling the size of an already huge case that has upended FIFA, soccer’s multibillion-dollar governing body..........

The police were targeting current and former senior soccer officials on charges that include racketeering, money laundering and fraud, authorities said. The new charges were expected to hit South and Central American soccer leaders particularly hard, the officials said.

Alfredo Hawit of Honduras and Juan Ángel Napout of Paraguay were among those arrested, multiple people familiar with the investigation said. Hawit is the president of Concacaf, the regional confederation that includes North and Central America and the Caribbean. Napout is the president of Conmebol, the South American confederation. Both are FIFA vice presidents and members of the powerful executive committee..........

candoo
17th Dec 2015, 14:24
From BBC news

On other issues raised at the news conference, President Putin
■ Praised Sepp Blatter and suggested the suspended head of Fifa should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

Very rational

G-CPTN
17th Dec 2015, 17:50
Fifa cash sums frozen by Switzerland (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35119240).

ExXB
18th Dec 2015, 10:34
It has been clarified that the accounts are not FIFA's, but are of individuals linked to FIFA - including some awaiting their extradition from CH.

scr1
21st Dec 2015, 09:08
A 8 year ban

BBC Sport - Fifa: Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini get lengthy bans (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35144652)

sitigeltfel
22nd Dec 2015, 07:46
F.I.F.A.

Funds In Foreign Accounts

G-CPTN
5th Apr 2016, 22:44
Panama Papers: Fifa president Gianni Infantino document leaked (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35966433).

ORAC
3rd Jun 2016, 16:42
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/03/swiss-authorities-search-fifa-headquarters-criminal-investigation-2018-2022-world-cup

Swiss authorities search Fifa HQ as part of criminal investigation

er340790
3rd Jun 2016, 19:03
A mere $80m of secret self-enrichment deals between its most senior personnel. :eek:

It truly is rotten-to-the-core. The Swiss authorities should immediately wind it up and hand over any assets to a completely new legal entity to which anyone employed by the old entity would automatically be barred from joining.

[And Blatter should be stripped, tarred and run through the streets, before being dropped into Lake Geneva with a manhole cover around his ugly neck. :E]

That'll work. :ok:

ExXB
3rd Jun 2016, 21:32
He's actually from the Valais, many kms from Lac Lemain. I think he would be shot if he showed his face in the Suisse Romande!

He's an embarrassment to Switzerland, and his successor is no better.

Octane
4th Jun 2016, 07:35
No wonder he went to such lengths to get re-elected and not retire gracefully. He had a lot to hide and keep hidden. The best chance of doing so was to remain the boss...

ExXB
4th Jun 2016, 18:40
He fully expected to overcome any opposition to his illustrious reign.

ORAC
1st Sep 2016, 21:15
Swiss prosecutor confirms franz beckenbauer under investigation | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3768954/Franz-Beckenbauer-investigation-corruption-allegations.html)

Franz Beckenbauer is facing a Swiss criminal investigation on suspicion of financial corruption together with three fellow key movers behind Germany's successful bid to host the 2006 World Cup.

The Attorney General of Switzerland named 70-year-old Beckenbauer, a World Cup winner with West Germany as a player in 1974 and as manager of the team 16 years later, as one of four suspects. The Swiss prosecutor's office said searches "for the collection of evidence" were carried out simultaneously at eight separate locations on Thursday, and "various suspects were questioned".

The other suspects named are former German Football Association (DFB) presidents Wolfgang Niersbach and Theo Zwanziger, and former general secretary Horst Rudolf Schmidt. All four were senior figures at the DFB during Germany's World Cup bid campaign, of which Beckenbauer was the figurehead, and all were on the executive board of the 2006 World Cup organising committee, with Beckenbauer its president...........

The Swiss attorney general's statement on Thursday read: "The investigations focus on the joint financing of a gala event, initially at the cost of seven million euros (£5.9million), later reduced to 6.7million euros. It is suspected that the suspects knew that this sum was not being used to fund the gala event, but instead to repay a debt that was not owed by the DFB. In particular, it is suspected that the suspects wilfully misled their fellow members of the executive board of the organising committee for the 2006 World Cup. "This was presumably done by the use of false pretences or concealment of the truth, thus inducing the other committee members to act in a manner that caused DFB a financial loss."........

RAT 5
2nd Sep 2016, 07:46
There must be more to it that this. I assume this is a shortened statement. The debt is not defined, not who the debtor was. This might be more a fraud or theft case by the suspects against the DFB, rather than a corruption/bribery case between the suspects & FIFA.

Do you have more information?

G-CPTN
2nd Sep 2016, 08:51
In February, the DFB published the findings of an independent 361-page inquiry that tried to explain a complex trail of payments of 6.7 million euros and 10 million Swiss francs (£7.7m) being investigated by German and Swiss authorities.

The money linked Beckenbauer, then-Fifa president Sepp Blatter, Fifa powerbroker Mohamed bin Hammam and Robert Louis-Dreyfus, the late former Adidas executive.

That inquiry, by law firm Freshfields, suggested a deeper involvement of Beckenbauer, who later joined the Fifa executive committee from 2007-11, than previously suspected.

It said the payment by the German federation to Fifa on April 27, 2005, was “falsely declared” by the World Cup organising committee for an opening gala, but was intended for Louis-Dreyfus. That same day, Fifa transferred the money to a Swiss account set up by Louis-Dreyfus.

Germany won 12-11 in a final-round vote against a South Africa after England were eliminated from the contest.

From:- Franz Beckenbauer facing five years in jail in World Cup bribery case (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/01/franz-beckenbauer-under-criminal-investigation-amid-world-cup-co/)

Geordie_Expat
14th Oct 2016, 17:17
Interesting case this. Ched Evens now found not guilty.
What sort of compensation can he claim?

What has this to do with FIFA ?

B Fraser
14th Oct 2016, 17:31
Sweet FA ?

Mike6567
14th Oct 2016, 17:34
Sorry. Wrong thread. I have deleted. Mike